Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks Troy. I appreciate the response and the work you do to understand production and delivery numbers.

Suffice it to say I simply don’t understand why we’d be down so much. China is down to Q4 ‘23, but up slightly YOY.
I am equally confused, not because I doubt what Troy is saying, but because it doesn't seem to stack up with how factory production seems to be going.

Lower sales in China, are not a surprise, many car markers are finding the Chinese market a lot tougher than Tesla.

I reasonably sure Model Y in Canada is now imported from China, previously it came from the US?

I don't know what impact the IRA is having on US Model Y sales.

If the Highland Model 3 ramp at Fremont was slow, that is a one-off occurrence, and it shows the wisdom of doing the retooling in Q1.

We will get the official numbers soon enough, and more importantly, if there is something to explain, we will get an explanation.

OMG 😳 We are famous. Woohoo. Driveteslacanada published this article on charging with a trailer AND THATS US TAKING THREE SPOTS. 😂. Don’t worry it was quiet and there was no one else there. They did give me credit for the picture though so technically I’m kind of a celebrity now.

Anyway. Interesting article. And just in time for our 8 state western US tour. Woohoo. 😊

The last time TSLA started a big breakout was at beginning of 2022 when its PE Ratio dropped to 34. It is getting back in that range (37 today). Simply one datapoint to consider.

Screen Shot 2024-03-15 at 7.09.16 PM.png

OMG 😳 We are famous. Woohoo. Driveteslacanada published this article on charging with a trailer AND THATS US TAKING THREE SPOTS. 😂. Don’t worry it was quiet and there was no one else there. They did give me credit for the picture though so technically I’m kind of a celebrity now.

Anyway. Interesting article. And just in time for our 8 state western US tour. Woohoo. 😊

Grats!

So, they just take your picture, publish article and call it a day?

Grats!

So, they just take your picture, publish article and call it a day?

No. They probably just found it on the web. It’s a couple years old. We are fine with it. Kinda cool. The only time I remember being at that supercharger (local to us) is to see how it all fit at a supercharger. We have been to dozens of superchargers all over the country and there are lots of pictures out there on plugshare. It’s all good.

Reactions: ShareLofty and GOVA
The last time TSLA started a big breakout was at beginning of 2022 when its PE Ratio dropped to 34. It is getting back in that range (37 today). Simply one datapoint to consider.

View attachment 1028478
If we are looking at P/E Ratios, back then it's P/E was 34 and it's Forward P/E was in the 20's. However Right now it's forward P/E is in the 50's.

Tesla will have a hard time competing against Xiaomi new vehicle SU7 (available 3/28/2024), which supports 800V fast charging, uses 100 kwh battery, and has a range of 800 kilometers (CLTC). Comparing to that, TESLA models are kind of old.
The Chinese market is crucial to TESLA, and its market share is facing so many challenges.

xiaomiev-com (sorry, cannot find English version)

0-100 km 2.76 seconds
265 km/h max speed
33.3 meters 100-0 km/h brake distance
800V charging 15 min for 500 km, 800 km CLTC range

200K - 400K RMB (Yen)
If Tesla does get out competed by this Chinese smartphone maker they can simply ask Apple for help.

But if you're simply buying puts in the morning, for the purpose of selling them for profit in the afternoon-- and the normal mechanics of the markets are then lots of put buying tends to lower the share price- your purpose is making money- not manipulating the share price.
No. Their purpose is making money by manipulating the market. Not legal.