Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's with clowns having to post incessantly that they're selling their Tesla stock? Why? SMH.
This is a forum for anyone interested in investing in Tesla, right? If so, anyone's reason for buying and selling shares may be interesting for others, right? Granted, a mere statement that you are selling for example 1000 shares at 165 $ may not be that informative but then the same goes for those who report their purchases, doesn't it? I frequent a lot of forums and don't know of any which is so heavily moderated and where there is so much anger if someone posts the "wrong" thing. As a strong believer in free speech I don't get that. Just scroll on and don't bother about the things that do not interest you.

There will always be some way to manually control the car. Every automated system needs manual overrides. But it might be something similar to a video game controller.

However, I think there will indeed be steering wheel and pedals on the first version of the consumer car. But not on the first version of the robotaxi.
There likely won't be a wheel or controller on the robotaxi, but almost 0% chance there's not a wheel and pedals on the consumer car.

On Edit:
As the Reuters report appears to have been incorrect, the premise of the below likewise is gone. I'll keep it up, however, to serve as a discussion point between robotaxi adoption and the so-called Model 2.

If I had not been as impressed with V12.3.x as I was, in its ability to handle poorly-planned intersections, pitchblack, narrow, twisting roads, construction zones and other challenges, as I have been in the past several days, then I too would be in a funk.

As it is, I am merely cringing. My first thoughts are that the US may be sociologically close to or at the end of the line in its readiness to accept robotaxis - indeed, it is where I am - but that a well-created product could do what its proponents have been extolling.

This does not, however, either address or refute another product that in my opinion- and that of many others - is utterly necessary, and that is an automobile much smaller than Tesla’s current smallest, the Model 3. Our European contingent long has appropriately belabored this point; Tesla’s steps toward the immense India market enforces it, and their current great presence in China does, it seems to me, demand that the company continue on the path of a true small car - albeit one that may not reach that $25K price point.

Last edited:
Bah, you know what, I'm HOLDing long term no matter what happens today. Don't know why I'm even bothering to read about this rumor crap, 5-10 years from now none of it will matter when RT's are all over the roads and Optimus bots are being sold like iphones.

I'm going for a drive in my Model Y on FSD v12.3.3 to listen to some techno music and get a bite to eat! 😎

Elon is just winking and *sugar* now but not clarifying Sawyers conjecture, so who knows what the heck is going on.

Could be true, might not be. Gen3 might be RT only with no steering wheel and pedals, or it might be a dual platform to make both a compact consumer EV and an RT concurrently like we thought. Who the F*** knows, guess us HOLD'ers will just have to hold on and wait to see what happens.

Its the ambiguity and uncertainty which bothers me. How hard is it to just clarify the situation with a little straight communication?
One needs a PR Department for that.

Elon is just winking and *sugar* now but not clarifying Sawyers conjecture, so who knows what the heck is going on.

Could be true, might not be. Gen3 might be RT only with no steering wheel and pedals, or it might be a dual platform to make both a compact consumer EV and an RT concurrently like we thought. Who the F*** knows, guess us HOLD'ers will just have to hold on and wait to see what happens.

Its the ambiguity and uncertainty which bothers me. How hard is it to just clarify the situation with a little straight communication?

You mean, like hire a PR dept that could have talked to Reuters when they contacted them before running the story?

Sawyer wrote "Maybe Elon and the team have been so impressed with how good FSD 12 has performed and were maybe thinking they should be shifting even more resources to the Robotaxi/FSD effort.

This doesn't mean the $25k car is canceled. Again, they share the same platform."

I guess I don't understand what "resources" he means here...

If it's the same platform and RT just deletes driver controls-- what "shifting resources" do you need there? Like- a dude to design a blank dash piece?

On the compute side there's no resources just working on a manual-driven car that'd be useful to 'shift' there.

And it's not shifting money- since Tesla has mountains of extra cash sitting around.

And it's not like Tesla has been shy putting resources into FSD development (see the massive Nvidia spend plus the Dojo project).
I find that "resources" question interesting too. In the high tech companies I've worked in, it typically meant "engineers" plus maybe "budget".
I wonder if Elon means "training (compute) resources", as those have been in tight supply up until recently.
The new model (steering wheel or not) would be running something later than HW3, and thus does need to come up to speed on FSD training.
Food for thought anyway.

• Informative
Reactions: JusRelax
So this is exactly what I was thinking probably happened. All good lies are based on a kernel of truth.

Elon is making the right move here. Tesla needs to get robotaxis on the road as soon as possible. Apparently, there was a meeting where Elon made that clear. That means focusing the company on robotaxi.

But it does not mean killing the $25,000 car as was reported.

Again, Elon is making the right move. Tesla robotaxi is coming a lot sooner than many of you think it is.
Somehow I thought the roadster would be the robotaxi.

This morning's lie from Reuters was yet another example of the legacy media lying to push agendas. Yet, many people here still accepted it and still look to legacy media for their news.

How many more examples do you need before you learn the lesson that they are all lying to you? You aren't getting news. You're getting programming to push agendas.

I realized it in 2004 while working on a political project. 20 years ago. When will it be enough for the rest of you to understand and stop consuming the lies?

Before fsd is fully operational , he decides to go full robotaxi
That seems far fetched. Fsd is no where near that.

Again we are left adrift as nobody at tesla confirms or denies.

They can’t. It’s MATERIAL. Ducks need to be set in a row before revealing MATERIAL.

Don’t you get it? This is why the media does stunts like this. And look at all the suckers here that should know better.

Engage your brains people and wait a beat before having an emotional breakdown. Once you have ALL the information, then form your opinion, and take action appropriate to your opinion and particular reality. OMG already! Every bloody single time people losing their 💩 without all the information.
And there it is. Rueters is LYING. What a shock. 🙄And all you people who lost your minds can now apologize to the rest of us long term investors.

Yeah, won’t hold my breath. But your names are on record and any further postings from you can be taken with more salt than previously.

Sawyer wrote "Maybe Elon and the team have been so impressed with how good FSD 12 has performed and were maybe thinking they should be shifting even more resources to the Robotaxi/FSD effort.

This doesn't mean the $25k car is canceled. Again, they share the same platform."

I guess I don't understand what "resources" he means here...

If it's the same platform and RT just deletes driver controls-- what "shifting resources" do you need there? Like- a dude to design a blank dash piece?

On the compute side there's no resources just working on a manual-driven car that'd be useful to 'shift' there.

And it's not shifting money- since Tesla has mountains of extra cash sitting around.

And it's not like Tesla has been shy putting resources into FSD development (see the massive Nvidia spend plus the Dojo project).

The way I see it, this is a matter of emphasis. Before, Tesla was making a consumer vehicle that can also serve as a robotaxi. Now, Tesla is making a robotaxi that can also serve as a consumer vehicle.

So whenever there is a question as to whether they put planning and engineering resources into building robotaxi features or consumer features, robotaxi will get first dibs. Product developers make little decisions like this every day. Knowing that robotaxi is a higher priority is really important in those decisions.

Reactions: samn
What's with clowns having to post incessantly that they're selling their Tesla stock? Why? SMH.
Something needs to counter the people posting that they're buying, or you might end up with a view distorted to one side

Like some big names on Twitter posting when Aunt Cathie is buying TSLA but crickets when she talks about selling on stock price spikes much less when they're actually selling.

I'm not "quitting" anything and my post had little to do with whatever's currently in the news... I've gotten to a point where a large part of my net worth being tied to a single [security is unwise]...
I altered your words to say the obvious and honest point. It really does not make sense to have all of your invested securities wealth tied up in a single security. regardless of an individual company success and prospects some diversification in highly desirable. That need not be a broadly diversified fund or anything like that. It only means that risks can be balanced. With TSLA from day one every prudent investor knew it would be volatile and probably stay that way. We need not blame Elon for anything other than the prime mover fo our success; high volatility comes with the territory.

Some of us who bought during the low points and rode to the peaks are dismayed. Obviously for shareholders higher is better. For those who regard the future and highly likely to be very lucrative still HODL and ignore the volatility.

No doubt most of us who take that view hold Tesla as less than, say, 20% or so of holdings. Even aggressive HODL will rarely have more than half their investible assets in any one security.

The present fear is simply that. Now we see Elon only in negatives and listen to FUD from Reuters et al as if it is true, even when we know there si a <50% chance that it is true. Attributing purchase behavior of Tesla vehicles to Elon's behavior is simply accepting FUD.
That is easy to do when many of us are promoting negativism just because of fear.

It really is depressing that so few of us actually paid attention in the last shareholders meeting. They told us what to expect and now we're terrified that it is what they told us would be happening, all preparing for 2025 and after.

Please, we all need to retain sound judgement, for those who've not endured peaks and valleys in securities, welcome to the real world. For those who weren't around for 2008, or even 1973 and before, these things happen. That is life.

I altered your words to say the obvious and honest point. It really does not make sense to have all of your invested securities wealth tied up in a single security. regardless of an individual company success and prospects some diversification in highly desirable. That need not be a broadly diversified fund or anything like that. It only means that risks can be balanced. With TSLA from day one every prudent investor knew it would be volatile and probably stay that way. We need not blame Elon for anything other than the prime mover fo our success; high volatility comes with the territory.

Some of us who bought during the low points and rode to the peaks are dismayed. Obviously for shareholders higher is better. For those who regard the future and highly likely to be very lucrative still HODL and ignore the volatility.

No doubt most of us who take that view hold Tesla as less than, say, 20% or so of holdings. Even aggressive HODL will rarely have more than half their investible assets in any one security.

The present fear is simply that. Now we see Elon only in negatives and listen to FUD from Reuters et al as if it is true, even when we know there si a <50% chance that it is true. Attributing purchase behavior of Tesla vehicles to Elon's behavior is simply accepting FUD.
That is easy to do when many of us are promoting negativism just because of fear.

It really is depressing that so few of us actually paid attention in the last shareholders meeting. They told us what to expect and now we're terrified that it is what they told us would be happening, all preparing for 2025 and after.

Please, we all need to retain sound judgement, for those who've not endured peaks and valleys in securities, welcome to the real world. For those who weren't around for 2008, or even 1973 and before, these things happen. That is life.
I was at the last shareholder meeting. I certainly paid attention. I still stand by my words. I’ll buy back in when Elon leaves, or when Elon gets a therapist [not Jordan Peeterson or some nut 😂], or when it’s actually undervalued. I expect door number 3.

1. We’re still in a bubble
2. TSLA is a retail favorite. Once the economy tanks, and it will, it will be capitulation city over here.
3. Profit? 😂

You know what I find the most despicable....the fools high-fiving each other in the rotoruters office as they watch the SP fall.
What about those here high-fiving, having jumped on it like jackals on a rabbit? Supposed long term investors here honestly discussing Tesla’s business to warn the fanbois and kool aid drinkers?

Is it 2013? 2014? 2015? 2016? ? ? All over again.

Something needs to counter the people posting that they're buying, or you might end up with a view distorted to one side

Like some big names on Twitter posting when Aunt Cathie is buying TSLA but crickets when she talks about selling on stock price spikes much less when they're actually selling.
That's why I don't ignore you and a few others who provide reasoning or a point of view even if I may disagree. However the people who post that they're selling all their Tesla stock and trash Elon aren't helpful. It's no better than people going on other social media sites to declare to the world that they are quitting said social media site.

Put another way they sound like Michael Scott
1000007694.png

There likely won't be a wheel or controller on the robotaxi, but almost 0% chance there's not a wheel and pedals on the consumer car.
We agree almost 100%. I say almost, because I could see a consumer vehicle down the road without the wheel and pedals.

If you only need manual steering for rare low-speed maneuvers that automation can't handle then a game-type controller would work just fine.