Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting read. BC is banning any vehicles capable of level 3, 4 or 5 ADAS, wether the system is on or not.

Interesting read. BC is banning any vehicles capable of level 3, 4 or 5 ADAS, wether the system is on or not.

Banned unless authorized by the province.

We’ll probably see more of this in the states and provinces where regulations currently don’t exist because SAE Level 3-5 autonomous vehicles aren’t a thing yet. It’s not an outright ban, it’s establishing a framework wherein autonomous vehicles need approval to operate and need to meet certain requirements for that approval — probably like transference of liability, redundancy in the systems, etc.

Ya, I wondered how this might impact Founder Series sales. Sure looks half packed to me.
I thought the battery sandwich was supposed to be structural. The air gap can't help that cause... quite the mystery.

Duh!

It's a Feature.

It was designed that way to add buoyancy for when the CT is used as a boat. ;)

Um, could I have what's on the second shelf please?
It's really not at half pack. It's just vented https://t.co/BG6GohRLca
Ya, it's fishy at best. Doesn't add up for venting purposes when there is liquid A/C cooling. Air convection might only help slightly along the top (bottom as it's flipped). But wouldn't you vent with the hot air "on top" to add separation with the cabin area?

Although, there is added margin of safety by having some distance to a bolder poking hard on the belly. And the buoyancy thing could make sense since we know it's slightly pressurized for water immunity. Feels like a puzzle piece is missing still. That much space for airflow??? And _____?

I'm rooting for 180 this week.

1712683983067.png

Um, could I have what's on the second shelf please?

Ya, it's fishy at best. Doesn't add up for venting purposes when there is liquid A/C cooling. Air convection might only help slightly along the top (bottom as it's flipped). But wouldn't you vent with the hot air "on top" to add separation with the cabin area?

Although, there is added margin of safety by having some distance to a bolder poking hard on the belly. And the buoyancy thing could make sense since we know it's slightly pressurized for water immunity. Feels like a puzzle piece is missing still. That much space for airflow??? And _____?
For venting not cooling. Two separate things, but I'll defer to an engineer to explain whether or not this is the actual case with the cybertruck battery pack

Is anyone who lives in NYC interested in joining forces to do some testing of FSD here? Not aware if anyone on Youtube is
posting videos from NYC? Certainly one of the most challenging environments for FSD so will tell us a lot about how far it has come
and how far it still has to go. DM if you would like to do this. Thanks