Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please, do list all of your accomplishments, since kindergarten if necessary. Make some charts while you are at it.

Put circles and arrows on them and notes explaining just how brilliant you have been, are, and will continue to be.

This would represent a more honest assessment of your ego-driven style and likely be more entertaining than reading your usual posts.

We do enjoy a modicum of jocularity around here every now and again. :)

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: ShareLofty
Nope, not buying this argument either. California electricity rates range from 0.19-0.29 cents per KWh, so a MY owner in California is paying only $13-16 to fill up. Although this is 20-80% higher than I pay (and I'm apparently higher at 0.16 cents per KWh), know what else is 60% higher in Cali than my state? Gas! At over $5 a gallon, it's incredibly more expensive to drive (and maintain) an ICE vehicle in California as well.

If we see Q2 inventory numbers rise, the 'soft demand' thesis will certainly carry more weight. As of right now, as is evidenced by inventory numbers, MX, MS, and Cybertruck numbers are not what we would consider weak. M3 remains to be seen as the Highland ramp continues. MY is the one to continue to watch.

Factually incorrect.

The average residential rate for PG&E customers is now $0.45!!! (citation though I don't need one since I live in SF Bay Area)

But it's not just about the absolute cost, it's about the rapid change. Even if it's still cheaper to charge an EV in the Bay Area than buy gas, the point is it is much closer than it was just a few years ago.

The average rate has doubled in 4 years! What used to be a big selling point to push people on the fence to an EV is now basically gone in California.

And it's not coming back as utilities like PG&E are planning even more rate hikes.

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 5.41.17 AM.png

FYI (and from CNBS)

"A measure of wholesale prices increased less than expected in March, providing some potential relief from worries that inflation will hold higher for longer than many economists had expected.

The producer price index increased 0.2% for the month, less than the 0.3% estimate from the Dow Jones consensus and not as much as the 0.6% increase in February, according to a release Thursday from the Labor Department’s Bureau of Labor Statistics."

Please, do list all of your accomplishments, since kindergarten if necessary. Make some charts while you are at it.

Put circles and arrows on them and notes explaining just how brilliant you have been, are, and will continue to be.

This would represent a more honest assessment of your ego-driven style and likely be more entertaining than reading your usual posts.

We do enjoy a modicum of jocularity around here every now and again. :)
☝️This is what turns this place in to an echo chamber.

Factually incorrect.

The average residential rate for PG&E customers is now $0.45!!! (citation though I don't need one since I live in SF Bay Area)

But it's not just about the absolute cost, it's about the rapid change. Even if it's still cheaper to charge an EV in the Bay Area than buy gas, the point is it is much closer than it was just a few years ago.

The average rate has doubled in 4 years! What used to be a big selling point to push people on the fence to an EV is now basically gone in California.

And it's not coming back as utilities like PG&E are planning even more rate hikes.

View attachment 1037634

1712842050336.png

Not mine, but someone in California.

Add 8 months to get an electrician to install a charger at your house. Ridiculous. The price...crazy, it was going to be another 3k. I can fuel my little toyota scion 2 years driving a crap load of miles for 3k. the 8 month wait was a killer

Thats crazy...and I thought the $500 (including materials but not the tesla wall connector) I paid an electrician was steep for only a few hours of work.

Reactions: scaesare and unk45
☝️This is what turns this place in to an echo chamber.

If someone wants to demonstrate how right they have been, they are in the best position to show us. Rather than make a claim and expect those who read it to either accept their claim at face value or take time to dig through the prior posts in order to verify it.

This particular poster has a habit of making broad generalizations to support their perspective. Then, presenting it as if it were a highly detailed analysis when their opinion might have been based upon some unverified presumptions.

Granted, some of their information has gone into greater detail, and this is appreciated. I'd prefer that more of their posts avoided presumption and included background to support their statements.

Falling back on how "I've always been right, so I know I'm right now" reminds me of people who prefer to avoid error-checking themselves, or, considering any other possibilities. Instead relying on "I've been doing things this way for (some period of time)" and won't consider new angles or information.

If someone is going to make a claim that their forecast history supports their analysis, then go ahead and show that this is actually something they have tracked, rather than expect us to take their word for it. What if their assessment of their track record is not supported once they go through it?

Looking to qualify such statements rather than take them at face value seems quite the opposite of an echo chamber.

Edit: The point of the original invitation to provide the list of accomplishments was merely calling what might be a bluff.
If one makes a claim, they should be prepared to show their hand when called.
This is an encouragement to "be less wrong," as Elon says.

Last edited:
Add 8 months to get an electrician to install a charger at your house. Ridiculous. The price...crazy, it was going to be another 3k. I can fuel my little toyota scion 2 years driving a crap load of miles for 3k. the 8 month wait was a killer
I think you are an outlier. An 8 month wait for an electrician does not sound normal. Also, we know for sure that $3000 to install a charger is way outside of normal. For most, the cost is closer to $1000, including installation and the cost of the charger itself.

You're right, he totally over-estimated! /s

Sorry, I'm 120 pages behind in this thread, just catching up, trying hard not to respond to much, but this one I couldn't help myself

Seems clear to me that a lot of folks here need a big slice of humble-pie and owe @Troy an apology for all the stick he gets
Factually, he did totally over estimate.
Factually, I was most correct being less than 1% off - and to the pessimistic side.

But maybe you haven’t read those posts yet.

Factually incorrect.

View attachment 1037634
I stand corrected. 0.19-0.29 cents was the average across all of Cali from two different sites. We began this conversation with you stating 35% of all Tesla sales go to California, not just northern Cali where PGE is, just to stay in context. So PGE serves central and northern Cali - isn't every other car a Tesla there anyway🙃?Even at 0.45 cents that is still just $25 a fillup. BUT in California you get a $2500-7500 state EV incentive which definitely offsets the rate difference for at least a couple, if not several years.

How do you figured it has doubled in 4 years? The Citadel chart shows 0.26 cents in 2020? Doubling would be 0.52 cents, my good dude (since we are being factually correct and all) 😛

Maybe the style, I did not watch it, but your summary points indicate he’s simplistic, a trifle histrionic and wrong on the facts. It is perhaps trendy to blame companies for ‘insane profits’ rather than examine the fundamentals in each case.
Blaming ‘profiteering’ and ‘insane profits’ is an excuse for superficial generalizations. Not useful!
Maybe worth watching the video. I think his analysis seems factually sound. I would be happy to hear why you disagree after you watch.

Maybe the style, I did not watch it, but your summary points indicate he’s simplistic, a trifle histrionic and wrong on the facts. It is perhaps trendy to blame companies for ‘insane profits’ rather than examine the fundamentals in each case.
Blaming ‘profiteering’ and ‘insane profits’ is an excuse for superficial generalizations. Not useful!
Not arguing your points. It’s always more complicated under the surface, but given PG&E’s history (just one example and not necessarily indicative of others, but also doesn’t exonerate others), they need to die.

I think the bigger point being expressed is that many companies are poorly run; brimming with wasted resources via mistaken and purposeful mismanagement.

If someone wants to demonstrate how right they have been, they are in the best position to show us. Rather than make a claim and expect those who read it to either accept their claim at face value or take time to dig through the prior posts in order to verify it.

This particular poster has a habit of making broad generalizations to support their perspective. Then, presenting it as if it were a highly detailed analysis when their opinion might have been based upon some unverified presumptions.

Granted, some of their information has gone into greater detail, and this is appreciated. I'd prefer that more of their posts avoided presumption and included background to support their statements.

Falling back on how "I've always been right, so I know I'm right now" reminds me of people who prefer to avoid error-checking themselves, or, considering any other possibilities. Instead relying on "I've been doing things this way for (some period of time)" and won't consider new angles or information.

If someone is going to make a claim that their forecast history supports their analysis, then go ahead and show that this is actually something they have tracked, rather than expect us to take their word for it. What if their assessment of their track record is not supported once they go through it?

Looking to qualify such statements rather than take them at face value seems quite the opposite of an echo chamber.

I don't understand: the original post was them talking about how they got it wrong. That even with their conservative-seeming projections, they still ended up being overoptimistic. This did not read to me like someone demonstrating how right they've been, falling back on "i've always been right", or claiming that their forecast history supports their analysis.