Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am surprised that there is no much discussion on the layoff rumors in their forum. A post in one of the previous pages, and a reply simply dismissed it as a rumor.
it doesn't sound right, because CT is currently the only model that TESLA has a "production problem". Why would TESLA reduce the time of a shift?
One explanation is that the accelerator has some problems and the existing produced vehicles all need a fix.
But that shouldn't link to a layoff.

However, the rumor has spread widely all over the market now, and we will face something tomorrow for sure. UP? DOWN? What do you think?
If down, time to load more?

IIRC Tesla has done that regularly to get rid of some people that don´t fit so well, only to employ new ones a while later. Could be that being interpreted as a more problematic scenario..

Drew is out?? WTF?
😬
Screenshot_2024-04-15-12-54-56-104_com.twitter.android-edit.jpg

re:layoffs.
First, I wouldnt trust electrek to tell me the sky was blue. Their track record on deliberately spreading BS is just too bad. Its basically fox news but for EVs.
Secondly, Tesla is ALL about efficiency, and we all cheer and celebrate when that means way fewer components, or much lighter and faster cars, and cheaper cost-of-goods, but that also means efficiency in staffing.

Someone recently snapped an image (I posted it here) of a cybertruck with 'delivery mode' enabled for autopilot. We have long speculated that eventually the cars would drive themselves out of the factory into the lot, maybe eventually drive up onto car carriers autonomously as well. Maybe thats far in the future, but maybe not.
Cybertruck was ground-up designed for efficient production. Highland was ALL about making the car easier to produce, and optimus is all about replacing people with robots. Meanwhile AI continues to advance, and there are many ways AI could optimize logistics/planning/management.

Whenever we see Tesla provide a video of the 4680 line, there is not a human in sight. Eventually the model Y/3/2/cybertruck may be the same. That might take 10 years, it might take 10 months, its so hard to predict tech moving at this pace.

There are the usual idiots on X trying to spin these layoffs as the beginning of the end. They are so wrong. More like the end of the beginning.

Let me google it for you

peak of suppy shortage at that

In 2019 as well. This is far from the first time and certainly won’t be the last.

And 2018

And 2017

Please find a year when they laid off 10%.
Layoffs of this level have been pretty regular. A bit of a break during the early covid years.

Is it a possibility the American stock market will be depressed on Monday because some investors will be selling stocks to pay tax bills? April 15th would be pretty much the last time to do that
Obviously US only: Any remotely significant investor would be paying quarterly payments for capital gains taxes unless they aliso has offsetting tax losses. For most whose activities would demand liquidation to meet tax obligations the 15 April is a non-event. For long term TSLA holders any sale triggers large gains >500% depending on acquisition dates.

Personally 2023 had liquidations to fund a new direct investment. Until I read this thread I did not even know it was that famous date since I filed a couple months ago. My rule, prepare early, it doesn’t cost more and reduces headaches.

Layoffs of this level have been pretty regular. A bit of a break during the early covid years.

Catching up on the reporting now. It's apparently "more than 10%." Vague enough.

2022 does not appear to have happened (at least to the level of 10%) per their 10-Q filing. See my previous post.