Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When did we consider Tesla an automative company? Last I did, Tesla's market cap was 50 billions.
Gordon Johnson has repeatedly said Tesla’s just an automotive company, FSD is not AI, and the Cybertruck is a failure. He seems like a trustworthy guy so he must be a good stock analyst. IDK.🤷🏼

(Sarcasm)

Hmmm. Great points.

If only I could start a thread where everyone had to enter only via longhand. Or verbally.
That would be wonderful!

Oops: this refers to @unk45’s (who else?) rejoinder-rejoinder. You who are interested: go find it yourself. I’m busy. 😁
Always good for an experiment!
It was actually really hard. Like should I connect the B? I can't remember. I haven’t tried long-hand in decades.
First try, here's the sample - as they say in the Trademark business. ;)

IMG_7306.jpeg

Happy Monday!

This seems to imply how you believe that Elon has an ego issue that is detrimental to his management of his companies.

Despite how people close to Elon have stated how his total lack of ego is one of his strong points.

Elon is mostly driven by "being less wrong" and this is based upon the premise that he knows he will be wrong sometimes.

It would be difficult to hold this attitude and also fill the senior management and engineering teams with mediocre "yes men," would it not?

Or, maybe what you are saying that these people who have left over the years were all mediocre "yes men." 🤔
To say he has a “total lack of ego” is stretching it.

#1 I thought about posting these layoff rumors this weekend, but hoped someone else would as I am paid off by Bloomberg and Reuters.

Not surprisingly, no one posted anything. People are totally fine with posting bullish rumors, but everyone afraid to post not so nice rumors. That is a danger of making this place an echochamber.

#2 Anyone with a lick of common sense could tell you Baglino and Patel were fired. There are no coincidences in these events.

#3 Layoffs in a stagnant company are fine, but for Tesla this means something different as the company is valued on big future expected growth. The layoffs are a signal that demand are margins aren't coming back anytime soon. This gives more uncertainty as to what automotive margins will stabilize to, and less certainty to big investors for how much to value the company.

#4 Drew being fired may indicate 4680 progress is still stalled.

On the bright side, obviously layoffs can help reduce costs and assuming production isn't cut too much, would mean higher earnings.

#1 I thought about posting these layoff rumors this weekend, but hoped someone else would as I am paid off by Bloomberg and Reuters.

Not surprisingly, no one posted anything. People are totally fine with posting bullish rumors, but everyone afraid to post not so nice rumors. That is a danger of making this place an echochamber.

#2 Anyone with a lick of common sense could tell you Baglino and Patel were fired. There are no coincidences in these events.

#3 Layoffs in a stagnant company are fine, but for Tesla this means something different as the company is valued on big future expected growth. The layoffs are a signal that demand are margins aren't coming back anytime soon. This gives more uncertainty as to what automotive margins will stabilize to, and less certainty to big investors for how much to value the company.

#4 Drew being fired may indicate 4680 progress is still stalled.

On the bright side, obviously layoffs can help reduce costs and assuming production isn't cut too much, would mean higher earnings.

When this came up on the TMC thread my browser indicated an ID-10-T error had occurred.

I'm waiting in the queue for support now. Did anyone else get this error?

This seems to imply how you believe that Elon has an ego issue that is detrimental to his management of his companies.

Despite how people close to Elon have stated how his total lack of ego is one of his strong points.

Elon is mostly driven by "being less wrong" and this is based upon the premise that he knows he will be wrong sometimes.

It would be difficult to hold this attitude and also fill the senior management and engineering teams with mediocre "yes men," would it not?

Or, maybe what you are saying that these people who have left over the years were all mediocre "yes men." 🤔

I see you prefer to believe the words of first-hand sources, rather than the words repeated ad-nauseum by various media outlets to push their chosen narrative....

Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Here's Andrej @Karpathy on the "extremely unique" management style of @elonmusk's companies

And an awesome first hand source right here. Not even one mention of Elon trying to take credit or be the center of attention...just Elon driving others to their peak performance and helping to clear away roadblocks. Odd that the narrative in the media is pushed so hard that people believe something entirely different.

Last edited:
If Drew was just burned out, why not take a sabbatical instead of leaving the company? IMHO, people that love their jobs and have been at a company a long time don't bail unless something has caused them to no longer love their jobs, or there is a better opportunity elsewhere. Or it wasn't their choice. I don't buy "I wanted to spend more time with my family"

The retired folks can clutch their pearls. The working class are clutching rice.

Rohan leaving sucks. He was possibly the best communicating Tesla employee actively on X interacting with customers and fans.
Remember before Rohan was Blankenship. Then Jerome. We had another guy in there twice - name escapes me.

Somebody else will step up to the plate.

If Drew was just burned out, why not take a sabbatical instead of leaving the company? IMHO, people that love their jobs and have been at a company a long time don't bail unless something has caused them to no longer love their jobs. Or it wasn't their choice.

You did pick up on the fact that he has been there for nearly two decades, is married, and has children, right?

Why would merely “screwing on” (etc) accelerator pedals precipitate the entire shutdown of a production line? Has the latter not occurred, or are there other forces at play?

As a couple posts have shown now (including at least 2 much better than mine) there is no screw

it's not a case of they forgot to tighten something- it's that the design of the pedal seems, in real world use, to inherently leads to failures. See both the post about forcing being horizontal vs. vertical, and the cover being secured with a lip in other models vs just adhesive on the CT.

So I'd think either a better adhesive (or a revision to the application/curing of it possibly), or a redesigned cover, would need to be the fix if the other posts are accurate.

From Rohan Patel:

'My plans are to be a recess monitor for my 2nd grade daughter, practice my violin, go to a bunch of bucket list sporting events and take my very patient wife on some long intended travel. '

I highlighted the important bits for you.
How about this, People Of The Glass Is Empty Clan.

A mandated 10% reduction across the board per Elon’s email. (Posted on the forum a few pages back). Both these guys decided they’d be part of the 10% because they were already thinking about retiring/moving on. Think for a moment the implications of that from cost savings and an up and comer who needs the job not being let go.