Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Artful Dodger What's your loDgic Lodger?

The fourth Fibonacci extension is around $1090. When a stock has incredible momentum, it's run will exhaust at this fourth extension.

It's plain to see that the first and second extensions are the point at which the stock took an intermittent plateau.
View attachment 1021186
Woah, 4th Fib Ext? You guys nailed it, and thanks again.

Yeah I hate driving without Autopilot now too, its just so incredibly handy and wonderful at what it does.

My wife has a Subaru Crosstrek and it feels like going back to the stone age every time I have to drive it. No autopilot, its noisy, wipers and lights don't work themselves, need to constantly adjust the climate controls, etc.

Tesla cars have a way of spoiling you, no wonder they sell so well. 😎
Tell me about it! My Model Y is still in the shop (rear-ended), and I've been driving a rental gasmobile for about a month now.
I effing HATE it. Slow, sloshy, and spewing. I borrow my partner's Y whenever possible.
Nothing like being forced to drive that horse and buggy to really miss your Tesla!

Tell me about it! My Model Y is still in the shop (rear-ended), and I've been driving a rental gasmobile for about a month now.
I effing HATE it. Slow, sloshy, and spewing. I borrow my partner's Y whenever possible.
Nothing like being forced to drive that horse and buggy to really miss your Tesla!
I'm looking into Turo for the first time because my upcoming short trip to the Bay area has me flying and Hertz doesn't rent Teslas anymore. That's just how much I don't want to go back to driving ICE. Don't know what I'm gonna do in EU since Sixt isn't renting Teslas anymore

Other that being incorrect on all your factual premise, you're also rather unreasoned in your view of driver information.
FYI, :
"British European Airways ordered a fleet of Hawker Siddeley HS 121 Tridents, three-engine jetliners that in 1965 became the first transports to fly automatic landings in revenue service."
source: Smithsonian
Presently some version of autoland is available even on small aircraft:
Not only do aircraft have autoland they also have ground auto navigation coming:
As for the 1500 feet nonsense that has not been true ever. There could be, perhaps, some use of such limits somewhere. unlikely but possible somewhere for some operations, most likely training ones. In normal practice for IFR, pilots tend to choose autopilot until minimum approach height, unless using autoland. That is tendency, not regulatory.
Although I'm a former Airline Transport Pilot and CFI I am not current. The data, though, is readily accessible.

As we consider automotive use of driving aids and eventually true point-to-point automation, you're woefully out of touch with present reality, including Tesla and several others.

Just as even small Cessnas have excellent autopilots available today, we might understand that "hand flying" today is now mostly for sport. Very soon, "hand driving" will be thus. As with aircraft automated systems, none of the ones for vehicles anytime soon are able to be 100% supervised. Even fully automatic aircraft still have monitoring and remote control in some respect. So it will be for vehicles for some time, probably including Robotaxi at least when it begins.
Whiskey Tango....................................................., where are you going?

My point is in a regulated environment, and as a former APT, you know this, automation has led to air travel being the safest mode of transportation. The roadways are NOT regulated, so for FSD in vehicles to achieve the same aviation safety numbers, the majority of vehicles will have to use some form of FSD. Accidents avoided because of FSD is a testimony to the technology. Whether it's worth $9K is another post.

The majority in General Aviation is not flying around in modern Cirrus aircraft with the latest safety features or old Pipers, and Cessnas upgraded to the latest Garmin suite.

Enjoy your retirement.

I'm looking into Turo for the first time because my upcoming short trip to the Bay area has me flying and Hertz doesn't rent Teslas anymore. That's just how much I don't want to go back to driving ICE. Don't know what I'm gonna do in EU since Sixt isn't renting Teslas anymore
I use Turo to rent a Tesla every time I fly. It works great (no waiting in line at the car rental place). I was tempted to rent a Cybertruck last month in Southern California, but $400 a day was just too much. I found a Model 3 for about $50 a day.

Cybertruck prices are coming down though...

1000006009.jpg

Sadly I think I will have to start adding to ignore list people that keep replying to people already on my ignore list, because else it's useless 😩
Yep, for the first time, I'm ignoring a few posters here who are clearly not trolls. This includes a couple of folks who I know have good intentions and with whom I agree on many viewpoints. And I want to continue seeing their posts. But the sheer mind-numbing number of back-and-forth posts are are not worth my time. So I've decided to ignore them for my sanity's sake and also to make it bearable to continue to read this forum.

I like the idea of limiting the number of posts per thread per day. If we were limited to 5 or 10 per day, folks would think twice about getting into a back-and-forth spat (or get stopped out if they can't help themselves). I'm sure this is a simplistic way of looking at this which makes it not practical or desirable, but man, this thread is getting harder and harder to enjoy.

Jeez. Maybe @Usain and @Knightshade could go get a room? Then, once you decide who's right /wrong, come back and post the final conclusion. Or not.
Ha ha, I've suggested this multiple times in the past. I guess they just can't help themselves.

I like the idea of limiting the number of posts per thread. If we were limited to 5 or 10 per day, folks would think twice about getting into a back-and-forth spat (or get stopped out if they can't held themselves).

Like limit how many times per day each member can post to this thread? Say maybe 5 posts per day to this thread per person?

Yeah, I'd be all in for that change, quality over quantity! 😁