Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My first order of the Cybertruck was the single motor, $40k model.
And using the known way to determine my place in line I was/am 500,000 in line. But today I got the "Come configure your Founder's Edition Cybertruck."
And I probably wouldn't have taken one even if it had a decent pass-through between the cab and bed. But when I ordered a single motor $40k, and Tesla wiped that significant bit of my choice off the agreement and offered me a $100k less functional version?
I had hoped that ordering one as late as I did would make it so I wouldn't get the first version. And yet a half-million people have already been offered one, and only 1/10th of the people accepted the altered offer?
Overall not much good news. I hope when Tesla does produce a less expensive Cybertruck they will acknowledge all the people who wanted a $40k single motor, and re-offer the Cybertruck to them at the lower prices.
But going through 500,000 places in line to get to me in 6 months?

Just got a call on behalf of BoD. Told them I already voted, and they lady said they don't have a record of my votes.

Does this mean, they are supposed to get each and every vote update prior to June 13th?

BoD leaving no stone unturned. One think for sure, there not gonna be another lawsuit saying shareholders did not get the info :)

Last edited:
gaming GPU is just one part of NVDA's business. We only brought that up to argue against the notion that consumers don't know who or what NVDA is.

NVDA is also what powering the AI revolution. They have a good of good press. Their GPUs are the benchmarks for everyone else. AMD, on the other hand, is seen as the little brother and the average investor don't make the connection between AMD and AI.
So is Axio survey based on investor's sentiment and not actually branding? Cause that's what the other poster was trying to say. Stock went down therefore Axio survey went down, has little to do with Musk and marketing. Then again that doesn't make much sense either cause AMD gave me a 10 bagger since 2017 so it's not like it's stocks are doing poorly...

I just find this survey sus if AMD is not even on it when Temu is..lol.

Check unit sales of ps4, xbox one, ps5, and series x man. Switch is a second console usually.

Ok- but you're still talking pretty huge #s of Nvidia units.

Switch is ~141 million
PS4+PS5 combined are ~177 million
Xbox X/S ~21 million

So that's 141 million Nvidia vs 198 million AMD.

I wouldn't call those "dwarfing" numbers. (nor is it 2x as you suggested)

Especially when as I pointed out, PC gaming is ~50% larger than console gaming, and Nvidia dominates there.

You seem to also ignore the fact PC gaming exceeds ALL console gaming by 50% and is dominated by Nvidia.

Also AMD is in cloud gaming, and their cpus for gamers are everywhere.

We're not talking CPUs of course-- Nvidia doesn't really make those.... Most are Intel (though AMD has a substantial share to be sure... I'm running one myself- along with an Nvidia 4090 because AMD doesn't make anything competitive with that).

Again ~75% of dGPUs for PC gamers are Nvidia, not AMD, per steam data.... as to cloud gaming Nvidia's got tens of millions of users there TOO-

Lastly- just to remind you-- the original topic was the dude who claimed consumers never use Nvidia devices.... (they apaprently thought they only made datacenters or something).

So I think continuing to quibble over if it's only hundreds of millions of examples proving that dude wrong, versus like a billion examples doing so, isn't super productive?

That this is our supremely busy time of year, and I make time to read the thread usually only between 4-7 am, does not mean all can run roughshod over the thread, over Moderator guidance and dicta from prior times, OR OVER OTHER PARTICIPANTS.

Notes still are taken; names still are taken.

In the meantime, although it is not possible, laudable as it may be, on this platform to limit posts to _x_ per person per day, I AM going to limit posts that reference

• Nvidia, that do not also explicitly refer to Tesla, to 1 per day.
  • Gaming and that sector’s use of materials to 1 per millennium.
Clock starts now.

Other things that negatively affect Tesla: new product lines, increasing sales, 0.99% financing, stationary battery sales, pivot shift to AI-FSD, Mondays, Fridays, and any weekday time after 10 am EDT.
The tariffs on imported LFP has much smaller impact that the 0.99% financing or any price cuts Tesla has done

There is already a 7.5% tariffs on battery import, this raise to 25% is a 17.5% delta, on a 60kWh LFP pack, with cell prices coming under $100/kWh (could be $50-60 soon), the increase in tariffs is ~$1000/car, and coming down to $600

and it only impacts M3 SR, which is a small fraction of Tesla's US sales

My first order of the Cybertruck was the single motor, $40k model.
And using the known way to determine my place in line I was/am 500,000 in line. But today I got the "Come configure your Founder's Edition Cybertruck."
And I probably wouldn't have taken one even if it had a decent pass-through between the cab and bed. But when I ordered a single motor $40k, and Tesla wiped that significant bit of my choice off the agreement and offered me a $100k less functional version?
I had hoped that ordering one as late as I did would make it so I wouldn't get the first version. And yet a half-million people have already been offered one, and only 1/10th of the people accepted the altered offer?
Overall not much good news. I hope when Tesla does produce a less expensive Cybertruck they will acknowledge all the people who wanted a $40k single motor, and re-offer the Cybertruck to them at the lower prices.
But going through 500,000 places in line to get to me in 6 months?
We have had a similar experience. Way out on place in line. Just got offer to configure. Given current price and specs, no way. Concerning as a TSLA hodler.

And they can't even give us a delivery month for a LR, white interior Highland ordered 4 months ago on 2/5. This is not looking good to me.

We have had a similar experience. Way out on place in line. Just got offer to configure. Given current price and specs, no way. Concerning as a TSLA hodler.

And they can't even give us a delivery month for a LR, white interior Highland ordered 4 months ago on 2/5. This is not looking good to me.
What is concerning about the Cybertruck offering?

1/10 out of 500k is 50k. That means they're sold out for at least 2024. Why wouldn't they run the Foundation Series offering all the way through existing reservations (2+ mil?) before offering a lower trim model?

As a reservation holder and a TSLA hodler, I would be more concerned if they were already offering a lower trim.

Just got a call on behalf of BoD. Told them I already voted, and they lady said they don't have a record of my votes.

Does this mean, they are supposed to get each and every vote update prior to June 13th?

BoD leaving no stone unturned. One think for sure, there not gonna be another lawsuit saying shareholders did not get the info :)
Yet they don't answer emails sent to [email protected] 🤔. I have 15,000+ shares and cannot get a single response from IR to help me vote.

Yet they don't answer emails sent to [email protected] 🤔. I have 15,000+ shares and cannot get a single response from IR to help me vote.
They probably called you already but you didn't answer cause it's a 1800 number. They will probably call again, so be prepared to answer and they will put in the vote for you. I think they are calling all major shareholders.

I don't think its too surprising though. Most CT reservations were likely for the single or dual motor, the cheaper variants, so being offered a $120K Foundation version will almost never be a sale for those people. I'm honestly surprised Tesla is still only making Foundation CT's, I would have hoped by now they'd have transitioned to the real models.

What is concerning about the Cybertruck offering?

1/10 out of 500k is 50k. That means they're sold out for at least 2024. Why wouldn't they run the Foundation Series offering all the way through existing reservations (2+ mil?) before offering a lower trim model?

As a reservation holder and a TSLA hodler, I would be more concerned if they were already offering a lower trim.
Not to argue with you, but if they are sold out for 24 why are they offering and I quote, "early access to delivery" in May of 24?
Does this add up for you?
Concerning to me.

gaming GPU is just one part of NVDA's business. We only brought that up to argue against the notion that consumers don't know who or what NVDA is.

NVDA is also what powering the AI revolution. They have a good of good press. Their GPUs are the benchmarks for everyone else. AMD, on the other hand, is seen as the little brother and the average investor don't make the connection between AMD and AI.
Little cousin. I was shocked to find out the CEOs are family. What are the chances.

I don't think its too surprising though. Most CT reservations were likely for the single or dual motor, the cheaper variants, so being offered a $120K Foundation version will almost never be a sale for those people. I'm honestly surprised Tesla is still only making Foundation CT's, I would have hoped by now they'd have transitioned to the real models.
Oh, Beast is a real model and as a shareholder I'm glad they are selling high option/ margin version to whomever wants one first during the ramp.
Once they hit their stride, the lower price point/ lower content versions can be sold at positive margins.

Additionally, this allows them to gauge interest in the range extender/ large pack in general.

Although, it is a little bit of a shell game because the options that have a cost to Tesla (Gateway, UWC, lightbar, wheel covers, install credit) are bumped out to later in the year.

Oh, Beast is a real model and as a shareholder I'm glad they are selling high option/ margin version to whomever wants one first during the ramp.
Once they hit their stride, the lower price point/ lower content versions can be sold at positive margins.

Additionally, this allows them to gauge interest in the range extender/ large pack in general.

Although, it is a little bit of a shell game because the options that have a cost to Tesla (Gateway, UWC, lightbar, wheel covers, install credit) are bumped out to later in the year.

Yeah, sticking to all Foundations for now is probably a smart business move. I know people who are waiting for their CT's though (all dual motors) and I want them to get theirs soon so I can get a ride in one! 😁

Not to argue with you, but if they are sold out for 24 why are they offering and I quote, "early access to delivery" in May of 24?
Does this add up for you?
Concerning to me.
Are you referring to the long term shareholder early order?
First off, Tesla isn't going through reservations sequentially, so the 10% 50k/500k number is suspect.
The early access only unlocks ordering, not delivery. Current delivery estimatesare July-September for AWD and October-December for Beast.