Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Used Inventory Down 30%?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally found my car yesterday and pulled the trigger. I used to check ev-coo multiple times a way and kept coming across cars that already sold. I finallly just started looking at the Tesla website and hit refresh many times a day and when it finally came up, I was there to order it. Not sure if it’s the best or easiest strategy or if it was just luck, but it worked for me after looking for months. Now waiting to see how the actual buying process goes with my fingers crossed. Good luck to those that are still looking!

I finally found my car yesterday and pulled the trigger. I used to check ev-coo multiple times a way and kept coming across cars that already sold. I finallly just started looking at the Tesla website and hit refresh many times a day and when it finally came up, I was there to order it. Not sure if it’s the best or easiest strategy or if it was just luck, but it worked for me after looking for months. Now waiting to see how the actual buying process goes with my fingers crossed. Good luck to those that are still looking!
Congrats! What did you get?

I know your pain, I have been stalking ev-cpo for months now.

Reactions: Iceh8r
Congrats! What did you get?

I know your pain, I have been stalking ev-cpo for months now.

Same. I don't understand how it works. Looking at the total number of used S-es, yesterday there were about 25 and not it's 40. For sure not all of them are actually available but still, it's a pretty big bump. They must have a bigger inventory and decide when they think it's ok to bother to put them online.

Same. I don't understand how it works. Looking at the total number of used S-es, yesterday there were about 25 and not it's 40. For sure not all of them are actually available but still, it's a pretty big bump. They must have a bigger inventory and decide when they think it's ok to bother to put them online.
I am trying to find a X P90D or 100D and inventory is all over the place. I stumbled across another site that actually tracked the daily price changes of each car, but I cannot seem to remember what it is now.

Thanks guys, ended up getting an Model S 75 with a ton of options in the color I wanted. For those still looking, I highly recommend looking on Tesla's website instead of just ev-cpo because I believe some cars never make it onto ev-cpo because they sell so quickly. Mine never made it on.

Unfortunately now the not so fun part of dealing with errors/Tesla customer service which has already been terrible. No idea how a car that costs that much has that kind of "service". Hoping to just hit the finish line and have my ride.

I highly recommend looking on Tesla's website instead of just ev-cpo because I believe some cars never make it onto ev-cpo because they sell so quickly.

This is true. Even the 'good deal' cars that EV-CPO does catch are gone within minutes. It's a really tough market out there! There are likely hundreds of people running similar scripts against Tesla's website to scour for the newest and best deals, and the smart/aggressive ones even automatically hit the "buy" button when certain criteria are met. This weekend I'll be trying to update the frequency with which EV-CPO scans Tesla's site for the newest listings, but even then there's no assured way to catch every deal as soon as it's posted.

The other bit of advice is try to find a good Sales Associate who can help you review the un-listed cars for sale that never make it online. I know these SAs are getting harder and harder to find, and they're less and less responsive, but if you want the truly best deal, it's going to take a bit of work to get it. Because there's someone right behind you also waiting to pounce.

Good luck out there folks, you'll need it!

It's another 'Hovercraft' special edition Model S:

2017 Model S | Tesla

upload_2019-6-29_9-41-24.png

upload_2019-6-29_9-41-41.png