Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Used Inventory Down 30%?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yeah, c
This is exactly what others have said several times now over several quarters and not once have they been right. This is why I've been saying for a long time now that they have no idea what they're talking about. The data is in now and it can't be denied: Anyone who says that the numbers will go back up once the quarter is over is wrong. Period.

It hasn't happened once yet and every time the quarter comes and goes and nothing changes they all get real quiet and nobody admits they were wrong. They were though. If the numbers do increase (which I doubt) it will have nothing to do with a "quarter push" like I keep hearing. I even heard just the other day that they're not increasing the prices of used Model S/X to drive more sales of the Model 3 for end-of-quarter. ROFL So, which is it?

Bottom line: the number of available used Tesla Model S/X have absolutely nothing to do with what day of the week, week of the month or month of the year it is. Full stop.
guess the conspiracy theorists won this one....

Reactions: B00A and cucubits
Yeah, looks like Tesla was indeed hiding them just to push Model 3 sales. They sure lost some brownie points in my eyes for this.

I still want to get one though...

Good signs. So test the theory and see if the last 2 weeks of the quarter could yield an amazing deal.

Screenshot the VIN on ev-cpo and monitor the prices.

We'll see Tesla results this week... So let's set how accurate the theories are.

There used to be some really good deals on S's a couple months ago. I feel I got an excellent deal on my S90D. Over 1/2 the original price. But it looks like shortly after I bought mine, the prices for used models start at least more than $15K than I paid.
I guess if you find a good price you better get it while you can.

Yeah, looks like Tesla was indeed hiding them just to push Model 3 sales.

Or: Sales are highest at the end of the quarter, which means trade-in intake is highest at the end of the quarter. And those trade-ins will show up right after the end of the quarter. No conspiracy needed to explain this predictable cycle.

Of course, Tesla gets credit from Wall St for new car sales, not used car sales, so they are at least somewhat incentivized to hide used cars at the end of the quarter.

I dunno.... They may have figured they are onto something holding used inventory.... Hopefully a refresh comes and then the new cars will be more differentiated from the used ones and they can list them in greater numbers without the fear of cannibalizing new sales.

yeah, c

guess the conspiracy theorists won this one....
Did they though? A few units does not a wave make. Show me thousands of available model S performance units at the start of the quarter and I will admit the feet. Instead, quarter after quarter I'm proven right. A couple of units here and there is a statistical anomaly compared to the thousands that were once available this time about a year ago. The available numbers has gone down consistently and regularly and has absolutely nothing to do with quarter and or begin.

• Disagree
Reactions: cucubits
Meow......

028.JPG

Reactions: Billstickers