Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla V10 software update rollout: post here if you are still waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Good god, in empty parking lots with nobody around, this is a fun gimmick. In real parking lots it's going to cause a lot of road rage and probably accidents, unless I just happen to live somewhere with overly angry and bad drivers? I'm trying to picture the sh*&-show that is a busy CostCo parking lot with anyone using this? And OMG, if there was more than one using it??

I suppose it's lucky that in most places parking lot signage is not enforced because didn't it also completely ignore the stop line then stop in a no-stopping area?

Not trying to be a total downer on this but I honestly don't see the excitement for any real-world use? If people do start using it a lot I can only see it increasing anti-Tesla sentiment.

Good god, in empty parking lots with nobody around, this is a fun gimmick. In real parking lots it's going to cause a lot of road rage and probably accidents, unless I just happen to live somewhere with overly angry and bad drivers? I'm trying to picture the sh*&-show that is a busy CostCo parking lot with anyone using this? And OMG, if there was more than one using it??

I suppose it's lucky that in most places parking lot signage is not enforced because didn't it also completely ignore the stop line then stop in a no-stopping area?

Not trying to be a total downer on this but I honestly don't see the excitement for any real-world use? If people do start using it a lot I can only see it increasing anti-Tesla sentiment.

Don't let perfect be the enemy of the good. They need to start somewhere mate.

Once they release it to more people they can find edge cases and make it better. NoA was terrible in the EAP release and has slowly (if 6 months is slow) become pretty darn good and will just get better and better.

I mean mostly empty parking lots is still not a bad use case to start with. What is regular Summon good for? Moving the car back and forth a few feet? This is still more useful than that.

And FWIW in terms of ticketing the car for a moving violation, in any state the requirement is that the officer cites the driver of the vehicle. In this case there isn’t any. Red light camera tickets can get sent to the registered owner but still as long as the owner can prove they’re not in the vehicle, the citation is dismissed.

the legal framework has not been adapted to ticket this 4000lb Roomba.

Don't let perfect be the enemy of the good. They need to start somewhere mate.

Once they release it to more people they can find edge cases and make it better. NoA was terrible in the EAP release and has slowly (if 6 months is slow) become pretty darn good and will just get better and better.

Exactly this. Real world data is what improves the system. Certainly going to be interesting once this makes it into the wild. Hopefully people can use it in challenging enough situations to provide good data without generating headlines. LOL

Newest build for Early Access Program is 2019.32.2.12 has been slowly rolling out to beta testers.

New software update progress bar and version number similar to iOS updates

EFCkS-0VUAEwa6n.jpeg

Enhanced Summon Is now "Smart Summon"

EFC1occVAAIJB_R.jpeg

Source: Tesletter on Twitter

New features in new version of v10

Screen Shot.png

Source: The Tesla Show on Twitter

I like it........ Hope to be able the purchase connectivity by the end of the year to get the Netflix and you-tube as the partial premium will not allow you-tube , Netflix as I understand it. Or maybe it will as it requires WIFI.

Jesus, after all these years, album art from phone over BT. I never actually believed it would happen. This is probably the biggest game changer I can think of, even the crappiest Toyota or BMW has been able to pull album art from phone over BT for a decade. I've waited so long for my car to actually show the right album art. I won't know what to do with myself when it actually starts working.

Looking forward to seeing and trying out the released version myself, before passing final judgement on the release. Hopefully that will occur next week, but I suspect we are probably 2-3 weeks out yet. That’s fine, get it right and don’t release crap that will only generate a storm of negative comments (including some of my own it that case).

Newest build for Early Access Program is 2019.32.2.12 has been slowly rolling out to beta testers.

New software update progress bar and version number similar to iOS updates

View attachment 457832

Enhanced Summon Is now "Smart Summon"

View attachment 457831

Source: Tesletter on Twitter

New features in new version of v10

View attachment 457836

Source: The Tesla Show on Twitter
Just incase people didnt notice.. they shortened the distance for Smart Summon from 213ft (65m) to 200ft (61m).

So... not sure what to say here... seems to be getting worse. Maybe by the time we all get it they will make it even less...

• Informative
Reactions: JWardell

Overreacting a bit? Let's see what really happens in busy parking lot before drawing conclusions

Last edited:
What a slog to get through all of the complaining arguing about delays, missing features & marketing practices. All of which have been posted over and over and over for months/years. If you want to complain/vent, can you please start your own thread? Maybe I'm asking too much but is there any chance we can just talk about the new features in V10 in this thread?

Thank you to Alset Srotom for the interesting video. Seems to have gotten things back on track.

Reactions: JWardell
Rather than wifi Netflix I would have preferred to be able to play locally stored video. I am rarely waiting for any length of time where I also have wifi. On the other hand, I spend hours each month waiting for ferries.

I use an SSD for my Sentry recording. I have lots of space on the drive. I would like to be able to put some of my DVD rips onto the SSD and watch them.
Surely if you're desperate for watching a movie, you'd pick up your phone and share a Wifi with your car? I don't see the problem.

Reactions: Nocturnal
This sounds like a great way for some not so nice people to take advantage of the unsuspecting. Set up a WiFi node near a Supercharger and name it “Tesla Supercharger” or something and just wait for folks to connect their phones and cars to it.
Even if their Wifi is not secured more than that, people are not going to get hacked simply because people connect to their Wifi network. All devices made by sane engineers are designed to be zero-trust / secure by default. Also MITM attacks are not that effective anymore because pretty much all websites use very secure TLS- encryption these days.

Reactions: curry684
I'm in that business as well but I consult for an industry that is pretty far behind the curve. It would be nice to see a high performing company from the inside for once.
There's no industry behind the curve, just the mindset of the people working in that industry. Remember space industry has been pretty boring lately before SpaceX. :) I'm in software dev, in a conservative industry too, but we are really pushing it and iterate really fast (4-5 software rollouts every week, milestoning every 2 week).

Even if their Wifi is not secured more than that, people are not going to get hacked simply because people connect to their Wifi network. All devices made by sane engineers are designed to be zero-trust / secure by default. Also MITM attacks are not that effective anymore because pretty much all websites use very secure TLS- encryption these days.

Team of hackers take remote control of Tesla Model S from 12 miles away
“Tesla said of the vulnerability: “The issue demonstrated is only triggered when the web browser is used, and also required the car to be physically near to and connected to a malicious Wi-Fi hotspot. Our realistic estimate is that the risk to our customers was very low, but this did not stop us from responding quickly.”

Tesla has hopefully patched this vulnerability, but I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of other holes, should people manually connect the car to WiFi spots they find at superchargers. Based on the relatively lax security they use for their app (not even a 2FA option, and absolutely terrible handling of owner transfers), I would not assume they are at the top of the field for this.

The "advanced summon" in itself isn't that important, but as has been said several times, this is a first form of actual FSD, to test with broader public. Great. I believe that Tesla has had street AP working for years, as they've demonstrated on the streets and highways near their Palo Alto headquarters, just not for general release.

No way to know, really, as they have been very very tight-lipped, but it's possible we'll start seeing rapid progress now as they start rolling out new software that we haven't seen, that's optimized for the 3.x hardware. Straggler EAP owners, I think it just might be the time to grab that $3k FSD + 3.x Hardware upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.