Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla V10 software update rollout: post here if you are still waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes this is all coming to SR and SR+

I don't know why people continue to speculate and weigh in with their opinions when all they have to is read the release notes.

Streaming Media & Browser Support Coming to all Model 3 Vehicles
To take advantage of the advanced media features in Software Version 10.0, we are also enabling browser access on all Model 3 Standard Range Plus and Standard Range vehicles. The update will also enable streaming media access to Spotify, TuneIn, and Slacker while connected to WiFi for these cars.​

You can enable wifi once you start driving and stream from Spotify and TuneIn while driving. Youtube, Hulu and Netfflix will work over Wi-Fi but only parked. This is very simple.

Basically with this update, "Premium Connectivity" turned into just that. A connection. Tesla made the smart decision to decouple the apps from the Tesla LTE, so now the Premium Connectivity is literally just Tesla LTE Streaming + Adv Traffic/Nav overlay + Satellite view.

Very smart of Elon to compromise considering going forward the SR+ is going to make up the fast majority of the M3 fleet.

Reactions: calidreamz808
Some open parking lot videos for reference:

Test 1: Smart Summon Test 1.mp4
Test 2: Smart Summon Test 2.mp4
Test 3: Smart Summon Test 3.mp4

Test 2: Didn't follow the direction of the lane lines. I would be under the assumption that if the spaces were populated, the car probably would've been forced to follow the flow of vehicles.

Test 3: Seemed to do okay other than the fact it couldn't overcome the last median and gave up.

As it stands, I won't be using Smart Summon in a crowded parking lot until there is sufficient evidence from others expressing confidence in the feature. I'm a pretty defensive driver under high traffic conditions, and the amount of anxiety and stress that something like Smart Summon would cause me because of its sluggish pace and inability to follow lane markings would drive me nuts.

Thanks for the videos. Gave me a good laugh before turning in. Test 3 is almost impressive. It almost doesn’t suck (in an empty parking lot)!

Seems like such a difficult problem.

Tomorrow is going to be great.

For what it is, I think it's a fantastic start. And absolutely it's a very difficult problem, I wouldn't be surprised if it was orders of magnitude harder than what autopilot currently provides.

Can't wait to see other videos too :)

Reactions: Phlier
There are 4 on teslafi if 2019.32.10.1 (0874034) and 2019.32.10 (8f5cdff) are both v10.

4 / .03 = 133 suggesting there are hundreds in the wild at this point.

You phrased this as if my post was incorrect, even though the first 10.1 install appeared hours after I wrote it.

Times change, fortunately faster after I went to bed than they did in the endless hours of afternoon and early evening.

Raven X FSD 10.2

Attachments

• BA0A1116-111B-42DE-B1AA-77668ACC30CC.jpeg
    BA0A1116-111B-42DE-B1AA-77668ACC30CC.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 64
Hate to say but from what I've seen releasing Smart Summon could be a huge mistake. Until it can recognize lanes, lines and directions it should probably have not been released. This haphazard undecided mess of driving this way and then going that way with no over all sense of direction or parking lot knowledge looks chaotic and almost out of control. No way will I be doing this is a busy parking lot. What happens when it gets crossed going in the wrong lane direction and there is a line of inpatient drivers trying to get by as it backs up, tries to circle. pulls forward and can't decide were to go?

People drive with a purpose and determination and expect that of others. We want to know that the other driving has a plan even if it is wrong. Even the slightest bit of indecision and we are almost in a road rage. Dealing with a driver acting this way as you are trying to navigate to parking space is not expectable.

As drivers we need to be able to at least predict what other cars are about to do, even if it is wrong. This seems to be rolling the dice on what maneuver it will try next.

EDIT: Having said this the kid in me can't wait to get into a near empty parking lot and "play" with the BIG remote control car.

Last edited:
Hate to say but from what I've seen releasing Smart Summon could be a huge mistake. Until it can recognize lanes, lines and directions it should probably have not been released. This haphazard driving this why and then that way with no over all sense of direction looks chaotic and almost out of control. No what will I be doing this is a busy parking lot. What happens when it gets crossed going in the wrong direction and there is aline of inpatient drivers trying to get by as it backs up, circles. pulls forward?

Its not a mistake if you don't use it.

No one has forced anyone to use it.

Reactions: juanmedina and SO16
Status
Not open for further replies.