Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla V10 software update rollout: post here if you are still waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea.. i saw that too...

Completely agree

But not really a surprise... “Just get something released as we are already a year late.... feed the angry FSD early adopters some meat - any meat, even if it’s rancid...” Guess we won’t known “for sure” until the public release occurs. Until then, the fanboys will have some nonsensical counter or explanation. Wait for it...

• Disagree
Reactions: 82bert
Another thread posted the screen release notes.... 213 feet max range, so effectively useless in a real world parking lot.

Edit: Okay, if the the public release has the same limitation, who still believes Tesla will hike the price of FSD because of it? Not I.

That's been a known limitation of Enhanced Summons for a very long time. It's due to regulatory concerns as it relies on the owner to monitor it, and you can't exactly monitor it if you can't see it.

I don't believe that's what makes it useless in a real world parking lot. What likely makes it difficult to use in most real world parking lots is all the chaos in them, and it still doesn't have good path planning like staying in the right side of the lane.

I think it's only going to be really useful for very specific situations. Like when I pick up my mom at the old people community. I have to fetch my car, and hope she doesn't fall over while I do it. With enhanced summons I can stay there and just summons it to me. It's going to be awesome, and it's the perfect low traffic, low drama situation for it. Even at 5mph it's faster than they drive.

I'm looking forwards to V10.1 when it will have enhanced self parking. For me that's a lot more useful especially if it does parallel parking.

As to the price hike. I don't believe enhanced summon brings enough to the table to maintain the demand at that higher price point. I believe Tesla will attempt it, and then a couple weeks later will silently retreat.

But not really a surprise... “Just get something released as we are already a year late.... feed the angry FSD early adopters some meat - any meat, even if it’s rancid...” Guess we won’t known “for sure” until the public release occurs. Until then, the fanboys will have some nonsensical counter or explanation. Wait for it...

It's not feeding any of the FSD early adopters some meat.

It was an EAP promise long before the repacking into the FSD package.

The first meat for FSD early adopters will be the HW3 upgrade.

OK I'll bite, I mean, look at my avatar. ;) Here's my response.

First some background. I've been in IT since 1999. I've got decades of experience dealing with all things tech. My home was fully automate (with voice control) before anyone even really know what that meant. Maybe that is why when I got the option to get in to a Tesla Model 3 I understood that I was investing in a long term goal, not an off the showroom floor completed project. Anyone who put the time in to research the car should have been able to figure that out in my opinion.

As for the cars themselves...

You are driving the most advanced car on the planet. Even if it is not the full self driving yet, it's still way better than anything else you can currently buy. Cadillac has super cruise that works on a couple freeways and is a total pain in the ass to activate. And when Porsche's Taycant comes out it will have auto steer as long as you don't go over 30 MPH (might be less).

So all this whining and stomping your feet, just seems petulant to me.

Honestly, if you weren't willing to wait, potentially a long time for some of these features to come out, then this was a poor purchase decision on your part. Software development takes how ever long it takes. Especially when you are trying to do something that has never been done before. Elon shouldn't have even talked about timelines, but if he didn't then everyone would be whining about that.

Now as to your speculation about how something that hasn't even officially been released yet will function... The distance restrictions were always expected and even discussed in earlier talks that Elon gave. They will start fairly close in and then gradually the restrictions will be relaxed as confidence in summon increases. The first hurdle will stand for a while, but once that fence is removed, the distance will grow quickly.

You guys have this mentality that Tesla is somehow hell bent on screwing you over. That they want nothing more than to take advantage of you at every turn. That's just nonsense. Tesla is a business that wants to continue to be a business. And they can only do that by maintaining customers. Something that they are not having any issue doing. And the more sales they make, the more profits they have to invest in to innovations which in turn will allow for greater profits.

OK I'll bite, I mean, look at my avatar. ;) Here's my response.

First some background. I've been in IT since 1999. I've got decades of experience dealing with all things tech. My home was fully automate (with voice control) before anyone even really know what that meant. Maybe that is why when I got the option to get in to a Tesla Model 3 I understood that I was investing in a long term goal, not an off the showroom floor completed project. Anyone who put the time in to research the car should have been able to figure that out in my opinion.

As for the cars themselves...

You are driving the most advanced car on the planet. Even if it is not the full self driving yet, it's still way better than anything else you can currently buy. Cadillac has super cruise that works on a couple freeways and is a total pain in the ass to activate. And when Porsche's Taycant comes out it will have auto steer as long as you don't go over 30 MPH (might be less).

So all this whining and stomping your feet, just seems petulant to me.

Honestly, if you weren't willing to wait, potentially a long time for some of these features to come out, then this was a poor purchase decision on your part. Software development takes how ever long it takes. Especially when you are trying to do something that has never been done before. Elon shouldn't have even talked about timelines, but if he didn't then everyone would be whining about that.

Now as to your speculation about how something that hasn't even officially been released yet will function... The distance restrictions were always expected and even discussed in earlier talks that Elon gave. They will start fairly close in and then gradually the restrictions will be relaxed as confidence in summon increases. The first hurdle will stand for a while, but once that fence is removed, the distance will grow quickly.

You guys have this mentality that Tesla is somehow hell bent on screwing you over. That they want nothing more than to take advantage of you at every turn. That's just nonsense. Tesla is a business that wants to continue to be a business. And they can only do that by maintaining customers. Something that they are not having any issue doing. And the more sales they make, the more profits they have to invest in to innovations which in turn will allow for greater profits.
Sure, everyone is untitled to their opinion, no quarrel. My gripe is the false advertising and deception by Tesla, not the time it takes to bring this high tech to market. I offer to you the FSD ordering web page as proof. ‘Nuff said. As they say, “brevity is the soul of wit...”.

Sure, everyone is untitled to their opinion, no quarrel. My gripe is the false advertising and deception by Tesla, not the time it takes to bring this high tech to market. I offer to you the FSD ordering web page as proof. ‘Nuff said. As they say, “brevity is the soul of wit...”.

See there you are with Deception and false advertising... none of which have actually happened. Being late, can not be confused with deception. Nor can it be confused with false advertising. There is no evidence of malintent here, just inevitable delays due to software development. Now if Elon were to come out and say, sorry boys your not getting your FSD and not try to compensate for that, well then you would have reason to be upset, but not for delays. I'm not one for brevity, I prefer to be thorough and complete. Perhaps this is why I'm not worried about waiting.

See there you are with Deception and false advertising... none of which have actually happened. Being late, can not be confused with deception. Nor can it be confused with false advertising. There is no evidence of malintent here, just inevitable delays due to software development. Now if Elon were to come out and say, sorry boys your not getting your FSD and not try to compensate for that, well then you would have reason to be upset, but not for delays. I'm not one for brevity, I prefer to be thorough and complete. Perhaps this is why I'm not worried about waiting.

I humbly suggest you visit the FSD ordering page... since March of this year, Tesla has been advertising and misleading buyer’s to believe Enhanced Summon is already here, “Really”. To avoid clutter, I won’t post a screenshot as it has been posted here by others many, many, times. This is deception, sorry. Again, it’s okay to have a different view. We each shared ours, so no need to continue arguing about it - in an effort to spare other readers. Good night.

I humbly suggest you visit the FSD ordering page... since March of this year, Tesla has been advertising and misleading buyer’s to believe Enhanced Summon is already here, “Really”. To avoid clutter, I won’t post a screenshot as it has been posted here by others many, many, times. This is deception, sorry. Again, it’s okay to have a different view. We each shared ours, so no need to continue arguing about it - in an effort to spare other readers. Good night.

Sorry, I know you want this nightmare to end, so do I, but to be fair to you, I just went through the entire website and all I found was Summon, which has been available for a long time now. I suppose it's possible that they posted something on the website that was incorrect. But it's not there now. And I bought my M3 in April. I would have remembered something like that. Figured I'd take the fall for adding the screenshot as I'm not concerned with clutter either. If I somehow missed it, please correct me as I'm not the type that likes to spread misinformation. If you don't want to post a screenshot, you can PM one to me.

upload_2019-9-18_22-59-26.png

• Disagree
Reactions: jebinc
Waypoints is your benchmark? I’m going to bet 99% of people couldn’t care about waypoints. Would it be nice? Absolutely.

You’ve no idea what’s going on behind the scenes for FSD etc. You can bet Tesla developers/engineers are not resting on their laurels.
I still want better charging options, like a dedicated shut off time. Many of us are on TOU. Although now that I have the higher speed charger it's less of an issue for my particular case where I have a 6 hour window to charge.

Looking forward to netflix :)

I also want waypoints, otherwise I have to pre-map everything on my phone to find shortest routes etc. But that isn't great either because my phone does not show supercharger info. I guess you can use 3rd party app for this, but it's much nicer to have everything in the cars navigation.

Hey, @ibGeek, I've been in tech a lot longer than you. And most of my experience has been phenomenal. I've seen more smart and decent people and more enthusiastic minds in tech than in most other fields. We ARE dealing with more petty crooks now than in the last 40 years, and we've lost our way in how best to apply some tech, but that's making younger people, who've only seen the worst, unable to tell $hit from shinola. There is a difference.

Stop for a moment, kids, stop whining and nitpicking over schedules and definitions, and look at the unprecedented machine you're driving. It's something amazing we humans have accomplished. Yes, the automation will continue to evolve. You'll get more features as they're tested. Compare what Musk is aiming for, and doing, with the small-minded bean counters and advertising pushers who work to pull him down. Or the tech exploiters and opportunists who build nothing and only collect and re-sell your lives. There is a difference. Decide which side you're on.

Last edited:
That's been a known limitation of Enhanced Summons for a very long time. It's due to regulatory concerns as it relies on the owner to monitor it, and you can't exactly monitor it if you can't see it.

I don't believe that's what makes it useless in a real world parking lot. What likely makes it difficult to use in most real world parking lots is all the chaos in them, and it still doesn't have good path planning like staying in the right side of the lane.

I think it's only going to be really useful for very specific situations. Like when I pick up my mom at the old people community. I have to fetch my car, and hope she doesn't fall over while I do it. With enhanced summons I can stay there and just summons it to me. It's going to be awesome, and it's the perfect low traffic, low drama situation for it. Even at 5mph it's faster than they drive.

I'm looking forwards to V10.1 when it will have enhanced self parking. For me that's a lot more useful especially if it does parallel parking.

As to the price hike. I don't believe enhanced summon brings enough to the table to maintain the demand at that higher price point. I believe Tesla will attempt it, and then a couple weeks later will silently retreat.

totally agree. People here complaining of enhanced summon being useless. Is there another car out there where you can control with your iPhone? Is there another car out there that has autopilot like Tesla?
you know damn well that there is not a single car out there by a long shot that comes even close to how smart this car is. You know that you wouldn't drive anything else even if they gave you for free. So stop complaining for FREE UPDATES.

That being said, Tesla should make any autopilot improvements like lane changes and enhanced summon strictly for people with FSD package.

Reactions: ibGeek
The ability to read out and reply to text messages would be a very welcome addition.

I am curious as to why there has been no movement on this feature. Seems like an important safety/ convenience feature to have...

that would be pointless and waste of resources. In the near future, you can just read the text yourself while the car is doing the driving. So it defeats the purpose of this car.
IMO all the time should be spent on enhancing autopilot and FSD. Not even summon. Everything else can wait.

It's not feeding any of the FSD early adopters some meat.

It was an EAP promise long before the repacking into the FSD package.

The first meat for FSD early adopters will be the HW3 upgrade.

I don't think enhanced summon was part of EAP. EAP is enhanced autopilot and it has received more than enough features. Every improvement now should be only for FSD customers to differentiate packages and urge people to upgrade to FSD.

But I agree, can't wait to get HW3

Status
Not open for further replies.