Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla V10 software update rollout: post here if you are still waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect the AP/FSD team is going as fast as they can. It's probably not an issue of throwing more bodies at it at this point.
All this other fluff is coming out to cover for how long the AP team is taking.

I don't mind though, while I don't think I will use some of these new features very often (like watching Netflix in the car) they sure are pretty impressive.

that would be pointless and waste of resources. In the near future, you can just read the text yourself while the car is doing the driving. So it defeats the purpose of this car.
IMO all the time should be spent on enhancing autopilot and FSD. Not even summon. Everything else can wait.
Not everyone has AP & FSD. This would be a welcome safety feature.

The issue is that the web developer accidently put a bullet point in the wrong paragraph and it got through QC.

View attachment 456569
It’s been there since March, with wide spread concerns on many forums having been raised, including Tesla’s. They are aware of the matter, yet still allow it to continue. That’s intentional deception to me, sorry. Also, the bullet states “anywhere” in a parking lot - no 200 foot limitation. Just sayin’.... ;)

Last edited:
It’s been there since March, with wide spread concerns on many forums having been raised, including Tesla’s. They are aware of the matter, yet still allow it to continue. That’s intentional deception to me, sorry. Also, the bullet states “anywhere” in a parking lot - no 200 foot limitation. Just sayin’.... ;)

Yep. No question it’s deceptive. Has been for a long time, and I complained about it back when I got my car in May.

Reactions: McFlurri and jebinc
Yep. No question it’s deceptive. Has been for a long time, and I complained about it back when I got my car in May.
Watch out, the fanboys will flame you for stating the facts. Emotions reign supreme in this thread the past 24 hours. Remember, "... don’t let the facts ruin a good story..." Or it's related cousin, "...don’t let facts and data set you free..."

Edit: @WilliamG - I suspect the next reply will be, "You should have done your research before buying the car (or FSD package), not believe what's on the Tesla ordering page... It's YOUR fault, not Tesla's…" And for those saying this was an EAP promised feature, and not FSD.... Perhaps true (back in the day), but back in June 2019, when I purchased my M3, the only options were AP (included, no Enhanced Summon) or FSD (No EAP). To get the formerly EAP and new FSD items (supposedly, but not "really") you had to fork out $6000 for the FSD option, and order it from that intentionally deceptive FSD ordering page, a page that remains deceptive to this very day...

Last edited:
I don't think enhanced summon was part of EAP. EAP is enhanced autopilot and it has received more than enough features. Every improvement now should be only for FSD customers to differentiate packages and urge people to upgrade to FSD.

But I agree, can't wait to get HW3

Elon has confirmed that Enhanced Summon will be included for those who have Enhanced AutoPilot, no upgrade to Full Self Driving required. Not to be confused with Early Access Program which has been enjoying Enhanced Summon for much of 2019.
See, things are (slightly?) less confusing without abbreviations.

Pretty hard to read the text if your phone is on the console, besides being unsafe. And you can't reply without touching your phone unless you have Siri setup. Lots of us don't think it's pointless.

@NedH - Don't fret, just another rose-colored glasses wearer trying to convince you (and everyone here) that Tesla can do no wrong... I love my Tesla, but even Tesla has areas where it can improve - just like everyone else... Sorry, but Elon is not a God, he's just a really smart person - where some would argue that he's a smart person that lacks good "staffing" skills, and either lies a lot or speaks before checking with his team, re the facts and what's reality/realistic...
POLL: When will V10 be in wide release (Elon says hopefully August)

Last edited:
Stop for a moment, kids, stop whining and nitpicking over schedules and definitions, and look at the unprecedented machine you're driving. It's something amazing we humans have accomplished. Yes, the automation will continue to evolve. You'll get more features as they're tested. Compare what Musk is aiming for, and doing, with the small-minded bean counters and advertising pushers who work to pull him down. Or the tech exploiters and opportunists who build nothing and only collect and re-sell your lives. There is a difference. Decide which side you're on.
This. So very much this.

Someone needs to tattoo this on Run-the-joules forehead. Backwards, so he can read it in the mirror.

Yeah, I know he got banned, but still. He's the type of person (and there's still a lot of his brothers here on the forum) that needs to read this. Memorize this. Turn it into a mantra.

Elon et al are doing something that has literally never been done before. It's hard. Harder than they (or anyone) realized it was going to be. If you don't believe they're going to pull it off, cut bait, and move on. But staying here and complaining about lack of progress on what is one of the most ground breaking technologies ever is just childish. You don't like their progress? Do it yourself. Be sure to come back and let us know how that works out for you.

This. So very much this.

Someone needs to tattoo this on Run-the-joules forehead. Backwards, so he can read it in the mirror.

Yeah, I know he got banned, but still. He's the type of person (and there's still a lot of his brothers here on the forum) that needs to read this. Memorize this. Turn it into a mantra.

Elon et al are doing something that has literally never been done before. It's hard. Harder than they (or anyone) realized it was going to be. If you don't believe they're going to pull it off, cut bait, and move on. But staying here and complaining about lack of progress on what is one of the most ground breaking technologies ever is just childish. You don't like their progress? Do it yourself. Be sure to come back and let us know how that works out for you.
This thread is about V10 and it's features, and not the grander philosophy about Tesla's mission/goal - that's not in question. As you know, there are at least three or four heavily visited threads on v10 and Enhanced Summon. Because some have issues with Enhanced Summon, or how it is represented on the Tesla ordering page, should not give license to some to minimize these poster's concerns by throwing the grand philosophy out as a fanboy cover. Yep, agree that Joules should have been banned....

• Disagree
Reactions: 82bert and Phlier
This thread is about V10 and it's features, and not the grander philosophy about Tesla's mission/goal - that's not in question. As you know, there are at least three or four heavily visited threads on v10 and Enhanced Summon. Because some have issues with Enhanced Summon, or how it is represented on the Tesla ordering page, should not give license to some to minimize these poster's concerns by throwing the grand philosophy out as a fanboy cover. Yep, agree that Joules should have been banned....
You bring up a very good point that I failed to address. You (and everyone else pointing it out) are absolutely correct in the fact that Tesla has been falsely advertising Summon since at least March. I used the Way Back Machine, and yeah... it goes back to March.

I do not have a problem with guys calling Tesla out on their flaws, as I do it as well. No matter how much I love the car and the company, the only way they will get better is to have their flaws called out and fixed. The false advertising about summon is one of them.

What I take issue with (and what I should have been more clear about), was all the crap guys have been posting about how delayed various features of AP/FSD are.

Sure, call out the flaws. But be realistic when it comes to solving the extremely difficult problem that is driving automation.

Reactions: WilliamG and jebinc
You bring up a very good point that I failed to address. You (and everyone else pointing it out) are absolutely correct in the fact that Tesla has been falsely advertising Summon since at least March. I used the Way Back Machine, and yeah... it goes back to March.

I do not have a problem with guys calling Tesla out on their flaws, as I do it as well. No matter how much I love the car and the company, the only way they will get better is to have their flaws called out and fixed. The false advertising about summon is one of them.

What I take issue with (and what I should have been more clear about), was all the crap guys have been posting about how delayed various features of AP/FSD are.

Sure, call out the flaws. But be realistic when it comes to solving the extremely difficult problem that is driving automation.

No disagreement. Just because I have issue with Enhanced Summon usability, and the fact that the FSD ordering page remains deceptive to this day, does not automatically mean I hate my M3, Tesla or what Tesla is trying to achieve. Automation IS hard. I'm not complaining about the time to bring the tech to market, but sometimes gripe about the continued false representation about when it is coming to market - on many fronts. Instead of regular false dates being tweeted, shut up (Elon) and talk more in general terms; about the cool tech that is in development - tech that will get released when it is done. A "Reasonable Person" understands no one, not even Elon, can "schedule an invention"...

Last edited:
Reactions: WilliamG and Phlier
No disagreement. Just because I have issue with Enhanced Summon usability, and the fact that the FSD ordering page remains deceptive to this day, does not automatically mean I hate my M3, Tesla or what Tesla is trying to achieve. Automation IS hard. I'm not complaining about the time to bring the tech to market, but sometimes gripe about the continued false representation about when it is coming to market - on many fronts. Instead of regular false dates being tweeted, shut up and talk more in general terms; about the cool tech that is in development - tech that will get released when it is done. A "Reasonable Person" understands no one, Not even Elon, can "schedule an invention"...
And just so we're clear, I have zero issue with anything you've posted... in fact, I've hit the like button on most of them.

I think now that Elon is much more enlightened as to exactly how much of an elephant he's bit into, his timelines will get more realistic. We can hope, at least. IMO, it's a fool's errand to even try and put *any* sort of timeline on such a thing. Like you said, you can't schedule an invention. :)

Yes, having them engage with more dialogue about the tech that they're developing, like they did in the Autonomy Day presentation, would be much better than throwing pie-in-the-sky timelines out. The part where they showed/discussed the hardware was fantastic. That is the kind of stuff that would really get people excited. At least, IMHO.

Reactions: jebinc
And just so we're clear, I have zero issue with anything you've posted... in fact, I've hit the like button on most of them.

I think now that Elon is much more enlightened as to exactly how much of an elephant he's bit into, his timelines will get more realistic. We can hope, at least. IMO, it's a fool's errand to even try and put *any* sort of timeline on such a thing. Like you said, you can't schedule an invention. :)

Yes, having them engage with more dialogue about the tech that they're developing, like they did in the Autonomy Day presentation, would be much better than throwing pie-in-the-sky timelines out. The part where they showed/discussed the hardware was fantastic. That is the kind of stuff that would really get people excited. At least, IMHO.

We're good. :)

Did you see that 2019.32.2.4 (2109e05) is now rolling out.... :eek: I wonder what that's about? Perhaps the diplomat @diplomat33 knows?

Edit: Yes, I think Elon is doing Tesla and his customers a disservice by doing this, instead of that.

Reactions: pcpro and Phlier
Did you see that 2019.32.2.4 (2109e05) is now rolling out.... :eek: I wonder what that's about? Perhaps the diplomat @diplomat33 knows?

Why are you looking at me? LOL. How would I know? I don't have that version. But if I had to guess I would say it is probably another bug fix for 2019.32.2. Usually that is what those numbers mean.

Well, you were first to toss out the release notes for v10 Enhanced Summon last night... :D:p

True but only because my hobby is spying the internet for the latest Tesla scoop. If I find something, I will definitely let you all know about it.

EDIT: 2019.32.2.4 is still V9 according to a post on another forum. I suspect the wide release for V10 will be a number bigger than 32 like 2019.36. The second number usually goes in increments of 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.