Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla V10 software update rollout: post here if you are still waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Só apparently being on Wi-Fi is a big factor in receiving the update notice.
Yes. That’s been true for years.....
Misinformation. You will receive a notification that a download is available. You just need to connect to WiFi to actually download it. For some reason this incorrect information is always passed on in threads.

IMG_0677.jpeg

Reactions: elf9 and outdoors
That's almost true.

The car is following A LOT of rules now in FSD as well as Smart Summon - that weren't previously there.

If you are in an empty parking lot and summon your car from a different parking row...it will follow the lines and come to you around the end of the row ( not crossing any lines ). It wasn't always like that.

Autopilot does follow a LOT of rules now. It will not move to the right lane to pass on the right ( like humans do ). Just like the rules of the road indicate.

Autopilot will move over to the right most lane of a 2 lane highway if it can maintain its set speed over there. In other words it won't stay in the left lane forever. Just like the rules of the road indicate.

These are non-communicated updates that you would have to pay attention to notice that they are there. Unfortunately not all of the improvements are posted by Tesla once they roll out - and they also don't make a big splash because they aren't new toys.

Folks - lets pay attention to the finer details and give Tesla credit for the improvements that are really there behind the scenes.

Good to know. I am just going by some videos I have seen.

I am confident that Tesla will improve Smart Summon over time just as they are improving AP.

Seeing nobody in the driver seat at all in Smart Summon is exciting to me because I feel like it is a first big step towards autonomous driving. With nobody in the driver seat, you know that the car has to do everything. So everything we see, is the car doing it. Sure, it might make some mistakes which is why the driver has to press the deadman's switch on the app and monitor the car, but I trust it will improve. And I feel like we are getting our first real taste of what a Tesla robotaxi might look like since we are seeing a robotaxi (no driver).

Misinformation. You will receive a notification that a download is available. You just need to connect to WiFi to actually download it. For some reason this incorrect information is always passed on in threads.

View attachment 459671
More about confused language and folks not understanding the different notifications than misinformation.

The “software update is available” message that the phone app sends only occurs after the update has been downloaded and is ready to install, and you need WiFi to get that anytime soon.

One of the recent firmware versions introduced the additional notification you describe that occurs before the download. That’s only on the center screen in the car, and I don’t think it is entirely consistent/reliable yet.

Reactions: bedoig
More about confused language and folks not understanding the different notifications than misinformation.

The “software update is available” message that the phone app sends only occurs after the update has been downloaded and is ready to install, and you need WiFi to get that anytime soon.

One of the recent firmware versions introduced the additional notification you describe that occurs before the download. That’s only on the center screen in the car, and I don’t think it is entirely consistent/reliable yet.

I received the notification on my phone....then I went and sat in the car to watch it download as I watched the cars WIFI data count increase. Then the data stopped and the initial "thunderous thunk" ….20 min later....finished.

Yes...I'm a nerd.

Here we go.... Here they come.....

Who said anything about prime time?

Neither FSD/Autopilot/Summon is prime time yet. That's the meaning of "beta". Everything is still beta.

If anyone wants to stay away from "beta"...its easy....don't use it.

I think many people are expecting smart summon to be useful. It's the same as Summon where there is no usefulness expect making YouTube video and showing strangers you can remote control a large car.

Hiwever, Autopilot is useful, and used 99% of my driving. Since V9, auto pilot is ready for prime time. No longer a gimmick compared to when I first got my Model 3. Now AP is useful.

Smart summon may take awhile where I can use it in the rain and expect to come to the door without line of sight.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
I think many people are expecting smart summon to be useful. It's the same as Summon where there is no usefulness expect making YouTube video and showing strangers you can remote control a large car.

Hiwever, Autopilot is useful, and used 99% of my driving. Since V9, auto pilot is ready for prime time. No longer a gimmick compared to when I first got my Model 3. Now AP is useful.

Smart summon may take awhile where I can use it in the rain and expect to come to the door without line of sight.

Using smart summon in the rain might not be that smart right now unless you are within about 60 feet of the car....because that's about the range needed to activate it. lol

No one is talking about this, but I think its absolutely phenomenal.

The vent feature. It lowers each window by about 1 inch to keep the car cool.

AND YOU CAN DO IT FROM YOUR PHONE.

That's phenominal as I'm always trying to vent my car at work on a 95 degree day by moving each window down....a little bit....not to far....oh wait...that's to far....up a little on that one....oh no - its going all the way up......down a little on that one......almost there......perfect!!

What would be even better ( feature request ) is to have the vent feature atomically close the windows if it starts raining.

Anywhoo….its the little things that are huge to me.

Reactions: M109Rider
M3 FSD HW3 and still no update yet...?
My neighbor has same config, got his car 2 months after mine, and got the update...
Any thoughts?
I will have had my car a year on 9/30 with FSD from the start. Car has been on Wifi since 4pm yesterday, I still have not seen any indication.

Strage how they make it seem the update will show up once it's released with Advanced, but not once have I ever received a notification very early in a release since I've owned the vehicle and that option was active.

Status
Not open for further replies.