Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla V10 software update rollout: post here if you are still waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless Tesla has leased more server capacity I think we all need to take a chill pill. Even all of us with FSD and Advanced checked it could likely easily be a week or more. Tesla has never rolled out updates in mass, very quickly and with more cars on the road everyday.....well......

Reactions: M109Rider
What is S3?

Is that a mafia term? Just kidding.... as your name is interesting.

S3 is Amazon's "Simple Storage Service" (SSS -> S3), which is their (relatively) low-cost cloud file storage service. If you watch your Tesla's traffic patterns, the vast majority of its uploads and downloads are to and from Amazon AWS services such as S3.

nope....I didn't use cabin overheat protection.

I didn't have anything against it except for the fact that it would never come on for me until the car was 1000 degrees.

It was just a personal choice.

Gotcha. I had heard about the vent feature being added but didn't really see the point given we have cabin overheat protection which has been fine for me. I don't know if the windows being down 1 inch is going to be much if any better than fan only COP.

I would have much rather had a heater on/off button! Come on!

I expect Come To Me is going to be generally flaky because phone GPS positioning is notoriously spotty.
yes, good point and mostly agree, yet you probably know it depends on several variables such as the number of satellites the phone is currently receiving an some phone models are better than others. Mine is pretty good most all of the time, but as you say, can be spotty.

Unless Tesla has leased more server capacity I think we all need to take a chill pill. Even all of us with FSD and Advanced checked it could likely easily be a week or more. Tesla has never rolled out updates in mass, very quickly and with more cars on the road everyday.....well......

They have, but not often. A couple years ago a software vulnerability was uncovered, and they handed updates to the entire fleet in a day or so.

Of course, there are twice as many cars now, and the v10 update is apparently larger than most.

Just got V10 - tried out enhanced summon, specifically “come to me” in a pretty much empty parking lot. Didn’t work at all - the car actually drove away from me. My phone and car had full reception. I think I’d be really nervous to use this in a full parking lot. Recorded one of our attempts.

Are you familiar with the concept of GPS drift? I have to wonder if your phone didn't tell the car that you were over there.

Except that "Come to me" does not currently use GPS at all.

Maybe in the future...but not right now.
The car does not use GPS reckoning, but the phone does, to get the map and position to direct the car to. "Come to me" is "come to the location my phone's GPS is reporting at its location". That's why dropping-a-pin summons seem to be more reliable.

That's why upthread I specifically said that Come To Me would be more flaky. Phone GPS is very spotty, depending on the age, make, model, state-of-charge of, surroundings of, and satellite-constellation-line-of-sight of your phone.

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
Status
Not open for further replies.