Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla V10 software update rollout: post here if you are still waiting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strage how they make it seem the update will show up once it's released with Advanced, but not once have I ever received a notification very early in a release since I've owned the vehicle and that option was active.

Tesla always staggers their updates, advanced setting or not. You may be in the first group of cars to get the update pushed overall, but it does not mean the entire first group will receive the update at once. As to why they do it this way - who knows, some logical reasons would be to protect the update infrastructure and to gain an extra safety net for catching deployment process bugs before they affect too many cars.

I am also waiting with FSD and the Advanced setting turned on. So are many others.

You might have to go into the App Store, search for the Tesla app, then click on it to display an update button. Once I jumped through those hoops, I got the new app release.
When I updated it ended with the update button still saying update. I went into the iPhone settings to check the version number it was 10. Alternatively you can delete the app and download it again. You’ll need your Tesla login and password to open it.

Just got V10 - tried out enhanced summon, specifically “come to me” in a pretty much empty parking lot. Didn’t work at all - the car actually drove away from me. My phone and car had full reception. I think I’d be really nervous to use this in a full parking lot. Recorded one of our attempts.
Hmmm, I think that is part of the "Feeling NOT Lucky mode" :D

• Love
Reactions: Garlan Garner
Tesla always staggers their updates, advanced setting or not. You may be in the first group of cars to get the update pushed overall, but it does not mean the entire first group will receive the update at once. As to why they do it this way - who knows, some logical reasons would be to protect the update infrastructure and to gain an extra safety net for catching deployment process bugs before they affect too many cars.

I am also waiting with FSD and the Advanced setting turned on. So are many others.

Oh I am aware that everyone is waiting, I was just commenting on how there does not seem to be a true "priority" like that Elon tweet mentioned based on FSD being pre-purchased. Having the car for a year I'm aware of how long updates can take and am not complaining.

I also wonder if having Tesla-Fi enabled slows update availability, but have no hard data to go on.

Good Morning h !!! Is that Teslafi report of 49 just for Model 3s ?
TeslaFi as of now.... 10.1 for Model 3, 10.2 for S/X

tf.JPG

Good Morning h !!! Is that Teslafi report of 49 just for Model 3s ?
Morning j. 49 is for S and X and 3s. The S and X are getting 10.2 and the 3s are getting 10.1. As of a minute ago it was 53 installs .

Attachments

• 2B04647D-A57A-4F7F-A371-747FBD43AAAE.png
    2B04647D-A57A-4F7F-A371-747FBD43AAAE.png
    643 KB · Views: 46
Received V10 this morning! Of course I had to take off for work and haven't had the chance to really check everything new out but enhanced summon did work (pulled out of my garage, door already open, and came to the house to pick me up - about 60 feet away), driving visualization enhancements are nice as well. And one update that I haven't seen anyone mention but I'm pretty excited about - recordings from the back camera!! Nice!

No one is talking about this, but I think its absolutely phenomenal.

The vent feature. It lowers each window by about 1 inch to keep the car cool.

AND YOU CAN DO IT FROM YOUR PHONE.

That's phenominal as I'm always trying to vent my car at work on a 95 degree day by moving each window down....a little bit....not to far....oh wait...that's to far....up a little on that one....oh no - its going all the way up......down a little on that one......almost there......perfect!!

What would be even better ( feature request ) is to have the vent feature atomically close the windows if it starts raining.

Anywhoo….its the little things that are huge to me.

Just curious, were you not using cabin overheat protection? Other than the minimal power draw for fan only, is there anything better about being able to crack the windows?

Just curious, were you not using cabin overheat protection? Other than the minimal power draw for fan only, is there anything better about being able to crack the windows?

nope....I didn't use cabin overheat protection.

I didn't have anything against it except for the fact that it would never come on for me until the car was 1000 degrees.

It was just a personal choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.