Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Vision / Camera operation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi...first time Tesla owner here, just picked up my new MYP on Friday and love this vehicle already! Quick question on cameras...I'm noticing that the virtualization of vehicles and roads on the screen seems inconsistent. For example, I rarely see vehicles coming towards me on the screen. Is that normal, does the virtualization only show vehicles traveling in the same direction? Also, it seems to intermittently show parked cars on the side of the road...normal?

I've read that some time is needed for calibration of the cameras but, I thought that was only for autopilot. I've driven close to 80 miles already so, I would have thought that is enough time for calibration.

Does this all seem normal, am I overthinking things?

P.S. - for what it's worth I *am* seeing the orange and red lines for parking assist...I've read some people are not seeing those?

having come from a 2023 that didn’t have fsd beta, I noticed that regular enhanced autopilot had varying degrees of visualization (even with fsd visualization turned on) and it wasn’t until I received fsd beta that I saw “everything“ on screen.

The onscreen depictions are there only for your comfort to show that "yes..the cameras are on". It is not meant to be an accurate picture of what's going on. The camera sees a whole lot more (Greentheonly has done some videos on this -
is an example).