Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Vision ... The Next AP Hardware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Or even scarier, what is the improvements in radar mapping were required because Tesla has is required to stop using some feature or capability of the Mobileye due to the divorce? Obviously I hope that isn't true but if it were, we might end up with an AP that isn't as good as what we have now.

I believe Tesla writes their own software and use Mobileeye's hardware. So that wouldn't be likely.

I believe Tesla writes their own software and use Mobileeye's hardware. So that wouldn't be likely.

Unless they've written software to use the mobile eye hardware in such a way as to violate the terms of usage of said hardware. I've been a software engineer for 27 years and have written software for dozens of hardware platforms and I can assure you what you said is not always the case.

Unless they've written software to use the mobile eye hardware in such a way as to violate the terms of usage of said hardware. I've been a software engineer for 27 years and have written software for dozens of hardware platforms and I can assure you what you said is not always the case.

Well I guess never say never but still, considering that MobileEye claims the split was due to Tesla doing things that they didn't want them to do, it stands to reason that they didn't have much control over the situation other than simply not doing business with Tesla any longer. They aren't going to retroactively pull functionality from the camera. I'm sure these are things that are covered in the licensing agreement.

I hear what you're saying though. I just highly doubt it applies here.

Well I guess never say never but still, considering that MobileEye claims the split was due to Tesla doing things that they didn't want them to do, it stands to reason that they didn't have much control over the situation other than simply not doing business with Tesla any longer. They aren't going to retroactively pull functionality from the camera. I'm sure these are things that are covered in the licensing agreement.

I hear what you're saying though. I just highly doubt it applies here.

Much control doesn't mean no control. And like I said before, I hope I'm wrong....

I got a sneak peek, they really need to make it a bit smaller and work on that fitment!

bigcamera.jpg