Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Tesla wall connector Gen 3] Commissioning Error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am sorry to beat a dead horse, but I have scoured the internet and have not found this specific issue.

When attempting to commission my newly installed Gen 3 charger, I used my Mac laptop and connected to the wall charger. However, while connected to the Tesla wi-fi, I enter the IP address http://192.168.92.1. The model and serial number show up, but I just get the spinning wheel and nothing else happens (see attached). It just keeps spinning. Any ideas? TIA.

Attachments

• A7AC3DA3-932D-48CB-A8E5-8443D0C93A66.jpeg
    A7AC3DA3-932D-48CB-A8E5-8443D0C93A66.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 682
Reactions: whitex
I am sorry to beat a dead horse, but I have scoured the internet and have not found this specific issue.

When attempting to commission my newly installed Gen 3 charger, I used my Mac laptop and connected to the wall charger. However, while connected to the Tesla wi-fi, I enter the IP address http://192.168.92.1. The model and serial number show up, but I just get the spinning wheel and nothing else happens (see attached). It just keeps spinning. Any ideas? TIA.
I had the same problem for hours today. Turns out that I had NordVPN app running in the background that was blocking the access. Once I temporarily uninstalled the VPN app, it connected immediately. I was then able to connect the TWC to my local 2.4 ghz WiFi and it promptly installed an update.

I had the same problem for hours today. Turns out that I had NordVPN app running in the background that was blocking the access. Once I temporarily uninstalled the VPN app, it connected immediately. I was then able to connect the TWC to my local 2.4 ghz WiFi and it promptly installed an update.
Thank you. I use BitDefender. I had thought of that and ensured it was off, but was still having the same issue. I finally got it to work by separating the signal from my router into two. One being a 2.4 and one being a 5. I assigned my phone to the 2.4 network and then was able to connect the charger.

I can get to the WIFI prompt and enter my Network and password. Unfortunately, it does not take. 🤬🤬🤬
As mentioned earlier, the WC only supports 2.4 GHz WiFi channels. Although I haven't checked on the latest firmware, last time I tried, mine did not appear to support WPA3 or WPA2/WPA3 mixed, it only accepted WPA2. It also did not appear to support a 64 character hexadecimal pre-shared key, which does work with my Model 3.

I just completed the installation and commissioning of a Tesla Wall Connector in preparation for ordering a 2023 MSLR next week. I also encountered the same problem as the OP with the spinning wheel and not connecting to the installation page. What ultimately worked for me was to use a WiFi only IPAD, and the thing that I think made it work was to, turn off the switch for "Private WiFi Address" in the settings submenu for my WiFi network on the IPAD. Before I did this the Tesla SSID showed no internet connection which I think was the problem. Hope this helps.

Before I did this the Tesla SSID showed no internet connection which I think was the problem.
Well, it will always show that, so that is not the symptom that shows the issue. The wall connector is not a pass-through device that can share an internet connection over to your phone or iPad. So the phone or iPad is just showing you that the wi-fi connection it connected to does not have an actual outside internet connection through it, which it shouldn't.

FYI I had the spinny circle issue because I used the wrong wire box from a 18’ Gen 3 wall connector with a new 24’ Gen 3 wall connector.

It makes no sense what a dumb busbar with lugs could be doing to cause an error, but the spinny circle went away once I used the correct wire box.