Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla: We are updating all reservation timelines in the next few days

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've priced on KBB and Carvana (within $700 of each other and putting in miles as if it was early October) and will definitely check out CarMax as I get closer.

The tax savings could be 2K or more so still likely I go with Tesla, even if trade-in + financing means a few extra weeks of wait time.
O. Right you guys have trade credit lol ....I remember those days from NYC. Here in South Carolina we have $500 sales tax, and then a yearly small personal property tax on auto ....so it’s way different taxing and generally cheaper,

O. Right you guys have trade credit lol ....I remember those days from NYC. Here in South Carolina we have $500 sales tax, and then a yearly small personal property tax on auto ....so it’s way different taxing and generally cheaper,

In Illinois, and Chicago in particular, there is a tax for EVERYTHING. You'd think that would mean we have this huge surplus in the budget, but alas... that's a conversation for another forum...

One of my (many) justifications for making the jump to Tesla is our gas tax, where in parts of Chicago you may be paying $0.30-0.50 more per gallon compared to the suburbs. Yeah, it's probably only an extra $20-25 per month, but I still consciously try to fuel up outside city limits, and that minor inconvenience (partially driven by my desire to avoid paying any more in taxes than I already do), is definitely a factor.

• Informative
Reactions: Sg911
You guys think if I placed an order towards the end of September for a RWD, no Enhanced Auto Pilot or FSD, with regular aero wheels, I'd more than likely receive delivery before Dec 31st?

edit: I would be ordering with no previous reservation. Straight from scratch.

Also, this question may be unrelated to this specific thread, but if anyone in here has taken delivery of their Tesla and is financing with an unsecured loan from Lightstream, could you message me directly? I have some questions I'd like to sort through! Thanks

In Illinois, and Chicago in particular, there is a tax for EVERYTHING. You'd think that would mean we have this huge surplus in the budget, but alas... that's a conversation for another forum...

One of my (many) justifications for making the jump to Tesla is our gas tax, where in parts of Chicago you may be paying $0.30-0.50 more per gallon compared to the suburbs. Yeah, it's probably only an extra $20-25 per month, but I still consciously try to fuel up outside city limits, and that minor inconvenience (partially driven by my desire to avoid paying any more in taxes than I already do), is definitely a factor.

Chicago tax? Try Los Angeles tax. *sigh*

I have read that you can take up to a 50% hit in range depending on how cold it is. The car needs to use a lot of energy to power the cabin heater (and to warm the battery and motors), which is obviously very inefficient compared to gas powered cars where the cabin is heated by waste heat from the engine. I would seriously consider the LR for any cold climate if you can afford it. If you order now, there is a decent chance you can get it before Jan 1.
Is there a feature on charging that keeps the cabin at an ambient temperature to avoid this every morning?