Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla weather guard floor mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered these and they seem not to fit all that good. The one for thr rear seats seems to curl on the ends making them look real low quality. The 2 for the front aren't that great of a fit either. I also got the one for the rear facing seat passengers feet. Its alright. The one for the cargo space in the back, when the rfs are stowed away, fits right behind the seats but as it gets to the Hatch door area, it looks sloppy. Anyone else have them? I ordered them from the tesla shop on the website. Can my service center help me on them?

I ordered these and they seem not to fit all that good. The one for thr rear seats seems to curl on the ends making them look real low quality. The 2 for the front aren't that great of a fit either. I also got the one for the rear facing seat passengers feet. Its alright. The one for the cargo space in the back, when the rfs are stowed away, fits right behind the seats but as it gets to the Hatch door area, it looks sloppy. Anyone else have them? I ordered them from the tesla shop on the website. Can my service center help me on them?
The curling is a common old issue that the new ones were supposed to fix. If a replacement isn't any different get your money back. I've never heard of the other issues you mentioned. Sounds like you got a bad one.

My fit on the front ones are very good and it's very sturdy. The rear one is slightly less sturdy but does not curl as you described. It doesn't look low quality at all. The one for the cargo space in the back is pretty flexible and the sloppiest of the bunch - by far. I don't really see it much so it doesn't bother me. It gets the job done. If the others were like that I would return them. I'm very happy with the Tesla WeatherTech FloorLiners.

You might take them to the Service Center and ask if what you have are normal. If yes, return them. If no, they will replace for you. Good luck!

Can you take a picture of the curling? I have them and don't see the problem you described. Seems to fit like a glove. One mistake I made before was putting it on top of existing carpet. Then I read the instructions and took out the carpet. Gave a more snug fit.

Curling
20160819_090537.jpg
20160819_090537.jpg

I have the refreshed Model S as well. My front ones fit ok, the rear passenger one is marginally ok after I toyed with it a bit tucking it under the front seat rails. The rear cargo one fits horribly, I kind of wonder if maybe the rubber mats were designed to fit the non refreshed model S and then they changed the trunk profile a bit.

Did anyone have any success in talking to anyone from Tesla regarding these? My local service center said that this fit is normal, and they said they checked my mat with a pre-refreshed model and it fit the same. It's hard to believe the mats have such a funky fit. But these photos I found from a post in February do show the same not great fitment -- All weather mats being redesigned
That's a typical Tesla response. Just because something is broken on a bunch of cars doesn't mean it's normal it just means it's broken on a bunch of cars.

That's why we let our $5k MX reservation go to our S ... because the windshield ghosting on the X "is normal".

I can't believe ghosting is the big problem with the Model X windshield and not just every single time you have to drive with the sun in view. Are you people blind? This 3" strip of visor does nothing. I can safely say I will never own an X.

Oh and my mats fits just as badly.

Do you think this is why they are not available on their website for past month or so? Maybe they are being redesigned due to the poor fit? When I talked to the service center in Fremont last week, they said they were surprised that they couldn't make these fast enough as they were not available for the past month - they blamed the rainy weather that everyone was buying them; but I wonder if too many complaints and redesign by Weathertech is in the works?