Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla will reply to all texts...except my wife

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have forgotten my phone and reconnected multiple times and rebooted the computer with the scroll wheels. I can start a new text via voice command and send it to my wife just fine, but I cannot respond after it reads her text to me. She's the only contact I've had this issue with.

Before I try divorcing and remarrying, I wanted to see if anybody else has a fix for this.

I have forgotten my phone and reconnected multiple times and rebooted the computer with the scroll wheels. I can start a new text via voice command and send it to my wife just fine, but I cannot respond after it reads her text to me. She's the only contact I've had this issue with.

Before I try divorcing and remarrying, I wanted to see if anybody else has a fix for this.
I’m having the exact same issue. I wonder if has to do because her phone Is also registered with the car.

I have a related issue with texting my wife. I created a contact called "wife" with just her cell phone number so I don't have to choose between cell phone and work when I use voice commands to call her.

Calling her works fine ("Call Wife" as voice command). But texting will not work ("Text Wife" as command). And thoughts as to why not?