Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla will reply to all texts...except my wife

DipStick

Oct 28, 2019
USA
I have forgotten my phone and reconnected multiple times and rebooted the computer with the scroll wheels. I can start a new text via voice command and send it to my wife just fine, but I cannot respond after it reads her text to me. She's the only contact I've had this issue with.

Before I try divorcing and remarrying, I wanted to see if anybody else has a fix for this.

RobertE

May 27, 2020
Edmonds WA
I have forgotten my phone and reconnected multiple times and rebooted the computer with the scroll wheels. I can start a new text via voice command and send it to my wife just fine, but I cannot respond after it reads her text to me. She's the only contact I've had this issue with.

Before I try divorcing and remarrying, I wanted to see if anybody else has a fix for this.
I’m having the exact same issue. I wonder if has to do because her phone Is also registered with the car.

drtimhill

Apr 25, 2019
Seattle

This isnt a bug it's a feature.

• Funny
Reactions: vickh

DipStick

Oct 28, 2019
USA
I’m having the exact same issue. I wonder if has to do because her phone Is also registered with the car.
that's not the case for me, but good thought. that would handle it via bluetooth though, and I'm not sure it would affect the texting of a phone number anyway.

Aellinsar

Aug 2, 2017
Ohio
I have a related issue with texting my wife. I created a contact called "wife" with just her cell phone number so I don't have to choose between cell phone and work when I use voice commands to call her.

Calling her works fine ("Call Wife" as voice command). But texting will not work ("Text Wife" as command). And thoughts as to why not?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC