Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Winter Tire Package - Lead-time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the reply. I just saw this updated on the page “Note: Orders placed today will begin shipping to service centres in early December, you will be contacted by your service centre once they receive your product to arrange installation” so that gives a pretty good idea.

Yeah I agree with you. I remember reading they will start in fall

If early December is Tesla time, it means at least January

Realistically, they probably never intended to deliver them until the fall. Did they give you an estimated delivery date early on?

On my order confirmation email ETA was told 2-3 weeks, also when I emailed the online support for an update in late July I received a reply that it will be shipped in 2 weeks, but there was no tracking number available for tire packages.

Then when I emailed again for an update on Oct 1st, never received a response since. Called and left messages with the Mississauga SC numerous times, never got a call back. Only when I showed up in person on Oct 10 did I received a call from the Tire storage guys, again was told in 2 weeks, I had to go again in person to the SC on Nov 8 when I didn't get a call, at which point the service rep call the Tire storage guys in front of me and arrange the install the next day.

Last edited:
The Sottozero 3's worked nicely in the GTA snow today. Grippy and smooth. So glad I got them.

I got the Sottozero II tires on 18" and noticed the same thing. I've previously used Blizzak's on BMW RWD and was a little concerned about the Pirellis because they don't seem to receive the greatest reviews.

But, no, I love them... so smooth and incredible grip. It'll be interesting to try them in deep snow, but they went over the pile at the bottom of my driveway effortlessly this morning.

Any one has update on Tesla winter tire lead time situation? I ordered beginning of November, when will expect my installation?
I am in Markham, I have heard that their installation guy based there.

If nothing has been heard by December , how could I cancel it and go 3rd party? I have head online order team not nessary response the inquiry.

Any one has update on Tesla winter tire lead time situation? I ordered beginning of November, when will expect my installation?
I am in Markham, I have heard that their installation guy based there.

If nothing has been heard by December , how could I cancel it and go 3rd party? I have head online order team not nessary response the inquiry.

I think you would get the best answers by contacting Tesla customer service via email or phone.

I ordered online and Tesla was fast to confirm and call me back telling me “The Tire Guys” are the outsourced partner for installation.

I got one email from them with vague info about how to schedule. I tied to schedule and had problems. I called them numerous times and they have not returned any of my calls or emails.

I’m pissed off with The Tire Guys.

And I notice calling Tesla service today has a 30 minute wait at Toronto Lawrence. I guess they are busy with pissed of customers who are getting shitty service from the tire guys.

I’m about to request a full refund. So irritated.

Reactions: akidesir
To give folks a reference I ordered on Oct 17 and just got them installed on Saturday the 17th. So 1 month for me. Talking with the guy doing my install they are swamped and understaffed. He was doing 10 cars by himself that day, factor in all the driving time to get to each location and about 45min to 1hr for install they are pretty busy.

I ordered online and Tesla was fast to confirm and call me back telling me “The Tire Guys” are the outsourced partner for installation.

I got one email from them with vague info about how to schedule. I tied to schedule and had problems. I called them numerous times and they have not returned any of my calls or emails.

And I notice calling Tesla service today has a 30 minute wait at Toronto Lawrence. I guess they are busy with pissed of customers who are getting shitty service from the tire guys.

My question is then, how to get refund if service center could not be contacted and email Tesla with no response.

I ordered mine on Oct 1. Got a call from "The Tire Storage Guy" on Oct 12 saying they'll be handling my installation and will call back to schedule it. They asked for my address (I'm in Waterloo).

Fast forward 1 month later. I tried to call them (Tire Storage Guy)... straight to voice mail. Tried to e-mail them, no reply. Then... one day the phone didn't go straight to email, but rang 3 times, then went to voice mail. Aha... that means it likely rings on the other side. So 10 times in a row.. "call, voice mail, hangup, repeat". He eventually answered.

"Oh, sorry, you're outside of our service area. We can ship you the tires, but that will cost about $100". WTF? No way! My purchase included "Shipment to SC and installation".

After all was said and done, they called Tesla Mississauga and Tesla agreed to get me in last Saturday morning and install the tires.

Tesla was great about the installation once it was in their posession. They even made time to handle an off the cuff minor concern I had.

Reactions: yyzunderdog
My question is then, how to get refund if service center could not be contacted and email Tesla with no response.
I would proceed this way:

1) Email Tesla to request refund and warn them that I’d issue a credit card dispute if not resolved in 72 hours

2) proceed with dispute if no action is taken.

Thankfully Andre from the Tire Guys just called me today. He sounds very tired ... I’m sure they are understaffed but that’s a problem they should have anticipated. It’s not hard to pay an extra couple of people to return phone calls to make sure customers are getting communication. This is customer service 101.

I’m glad he called me ...

I would proceed this way:

1) Email Tesla to request refund and warn them that I’d issue a credit card dispute if not resolved in 72 hours

2) proceed with dispute if no action is taken.

Thankfully Andre from the Tire Guys just called me today. He sounds very tired ... I’m sure they are understaffed but that’s a problem they should have anticipated. It’s not hard to pay an extra couple of people to return phone calls to make sure customers are getting communication. This is customer service 101.

I’m glad he called me ...

I have heard that their store is in Markham, perhaps I will visit them if nothing is heard by Dec.

I ordered mine on Oct 1. Got a call from "The Tire Storage Guy" on Oct 12 saying they'll be handling my installation and will call back to schedule it. They asked for my address (I'm in Waterloo).

Fast forward 1 month later. I tried to call them (Tire Storage Guy)... straight to voice mail. Tried to e-mail them, no reply. Then... one day the phone didn't go straight to email, but rang 3 times, then went to voice mail. Aha... that means it likely rings on the other side. So 10 times in a row.. "call, voice mail, hangup, repeat". He eventually answered.

"Oh, sorry, you're outside of our service area. We can ship you the tires, but that will cost about $100". WTF? No way! My purchase included "Shipment to SC and installation".

After all was said and done, they called Tesla Mississauga and Tesla agreed to get me in last Saturday morning and install the tires.

Tesla was great about the installation once it was in their posession. They even made time to handle an off the cuff minor concern I had.
Mississauga SC has been kind to me as well. They don't have the fanciest location - but the peeps there are well meaning and work hard IMHO.

So the Tire Guys installed my tires today.. what a mess.
His van couldn't fit in my garage.. so we drove to a random private lot and did it there.. luckily it was quick.

I was a bit concerned that they didnt have a puck or anything and just did it directly with the flat jack..