Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Winter Tire Package - Lead-time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received the following email from Tesla Lawrence.

"This is Tesla Service Toronto. This email is in regards to the winter tire package that you have purchased online. Your Winter Tire package is currently in transit and is expected to arrive either this week or next week. Your winter tires and rims will be sent to our off-site facility where they will mounted and balanced. Our Tesla approved 3rd party vendor named The Tire Storage guys will contact you once this is completed and arrange a mobile visit to install your wheels at no additional charge. Expect to be contacted by The Tire Storage Guys sometime next week. Please feel free to reach should you have any questions or concerns. "

I don't think you can order the 18" package as it's sold out right now. For reference I ordered in the 18th of October.

Just received an email to schedule the installation on the 17th of Nov. earliest date was this Sat but I'm busy.. for my area it's every Saturday.

This is the place doing the tesla installs The Tire Change Guys | We Come To You!

May be a stupid question, since the 18inch package is out of stock, can I just order 19inch package? Are they compatible?

My M3 is RWD and come with 18inch aero.

I spoke to Tesla Lawrence today. They said the winter tires be back in stock in January. Saw a previous post on this thread about a montreal service centre saying the same thing so it must be what they were told. Seems like they’re already back in stock. The alternative they gave me was to get it from gotire https://gotire.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/ON_MODEL_3.pdf

Btw a tire roation costs $85 from the service centre.

• Informative
Reactions: AlsetQC
I spoke to Tesla Lawrence today. They said the winter tires be back in stock in January. Saw a previous post on this thread about a montreal service centre saying the same thing so it must be what they were told. Seems like they’re already back in stock. The alternative they gave me was to get it from gotire https://gotire.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/ON_MODEL_3.pdf

Btw a tire roation costs $85 from the service centre.

Read another thread. Saying all non Tesla Rim package having regeneration braking issue. That’s why I want to stick with Tesla package. Now online order re opens.

• Disagree
Reactions: jsmay311
Read another thread. Saying all non Tesla Rim package having regeneration braking issue. That’s why I want to stick with Tesla package. Now online order re opens.

There was one user who is using Tesla's package with Pirelli Sottozero's and has the same regen issue. So far the only thing that seems to be consistent is that only RWD is affected and not AWD.

Who have you guys been contacting to figure out an ETA for your winter tire package? I've tried calling the service centre, but nobody ever answers. Got a hold of someone presumably from "tesla central" who told me to email [email protected] and suggested they'd reply within 1 day. Still no reply from anyone. Ordered October 19th, cc charged, no shipping notice or any other info... a bit misleading to sell and charge for the tires then tell you they won't be available until January.

Just for reference, I ordered the Winter Tire Package (18" aero) from the Tesla shop mid September. It took two-three weeks for me to receive an order confirmation, despite the charges appearing immediately on my Visa. Two weeks prior to installation, I had a third party service call me to setup a installation date. Installation was set for Nov 5, they came to my house and installed the tires within 45 minutes.

Separate note, they offered to store my tires for the season, 6 months, at a cost of $175, so $350 per year. Definitely way above the expected storage rate of $60-$80, but the mobile service is a major convenience.

Also as noted by another user, despite ordering the Tesla specific winter tires, I am experiencing issues with my regen breaking. Tesla has confirmed they are aware of the issue and working on a solution in another thread.

Just for reference, I ordered the Winter Tire Package (18" aero) from the Tesla shop mid September. It took two-three weeks for me to receive an order confirmation, despite the charges appearing immediately on my Visa. Two weeks prior to installation, I had a third party service call me to setup a installation date. Installation was set for Nov 5, they came to my house and installed the tires within 45 minutes.

Separate note, they offered to store my tires for the season, 6 months, at a cost of $175, so $350 per year. Definitely way above the expected storage rate of $60-$80, but the mobile service is a major convenience.

Also as noted by another user, despite ordering the Tesla specific winter tires, I am experiencing issues with my regen breaking. Tesla has confirmed they are aware of the issue and working on a solution in another thread.
I had ordered at the same time as you. Here - the contracted installer is having trouble with stock and availability. They sent out a long note detailing the issues earlier in the week. I talked with my local SC and they helped out by getting the tire set and installing them for me.

If pay 350 per year, is that include mobile service at end of season? What did you decide?

You may be right. The $100 most places charge (I store my own) is likely just for the “season” meaning $200 for the entire year. And if they include the swaps in the $350 price then it may not be that crazy.
My bad.
(I was thinking about this just this morning as I was rolling the crazy heavy 20” wheels from my wife’s SUV into the backyard to stack them in the shed ).