Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Won't service Model 3 with body Kit on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello

Recently my 2020 Model 3P had the upper control arm noise, so I brought it to service. When I got there the service center refuses to service my car since I have added a body kit with side skirts. They told me because the side skirts are too low and cannot jack up my car ( my car is running on stock suspension and same size wheels and tires with the revozport strasse body kit ), so I had to bring it to another body shop to remove my side skirt and then bring it back to the service center for the technician to replace my upper control arm. Now my side skirts are removed but with glue marks 🤮that sucks!!!

Does anyone experience a similar situation that Tesla refuses to service your car with body kit?

Before
WhatsApp Image 2021-07-16 at 11.56.27 AM.jpeg

After
WhatsApp Image 2021-08-27 at 10.17.36 AM.jpeg

I can’t blame the service center for that … they do look very low. The arms on their lift likely wouldn’t make it under there; and even if it did, the odds of them damaging the skirt doing so are high, in which case you would’ve been very unhappy.

Sounds like asking you to remove them was the prudent thing.

I can’t blame the service center for that … they do look very low. The arms on their lift likely wouldn’t make it under there; and even if it did, the odds of them damaging the skirt doing so are high, in which case you would’ve been very unhappy.

Sounds like asking you to remove them was the prudent thing.
Yes, their technician was very helpful and did explaining the risk of damaging the skirts on their lifts. I do understand in a way service centers technician have their work protocol to follow, but I just feel that if other workshops are able to jack up my car without problem, how come they are unable to do it.

first thing you need to do is soften it up with a heat gun (on low) or a hair blow dryer. Then use a plastic tool to remove the bulk of it, or use fishing line between your hands and sort of use that to cut behind it like you do with debadging a car, or peel it off with your fingers (if possible). After the bulk of it is gone, use goo gone like @jmaddr suggested. But don't start using goo gone until the bulk of the material is removed.

Hello

Recently my 2020 Model 3P had the upper control arm noise, so I brought it to service. When I got there the service center refuses to service my car since I have added a body kit with side skirts. They told me because the side skirts are too low and cannot jack up my car ( my car is running on stock suspension and same size wheels and tires with the revozport strasse body kit ), so I had to bring it to another body shop to remove my side skirt and then bring it back to the service center for the technician to replace my upper control arm. Now my side skirts are removed but with glue marks 🤮that sucks!!!

Does anyone experience a similar situation that Tesla refuses to service your car with body kit?

Before
View attachment 701965

After
View attachment 701968

They did you a favor by having you take those ugly things off. I mean really they should've crunched those things into oblivion as punishment for the crocodile tears you're spilling over here. 😀

Reactions: sunfarm
Hello

When I had my car in, they had me sign a waiver for my PPF for some work on the doors, but I guess they didn't bother to ask you to sign a waiver in your case, since it sounds like they were 100% certain they would damage your skirts if they tried lifting it.