Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla wont start

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello
Got up to a Tesla that doesnt start. Making weird noises. The interior lights near the mirror blinks. But screen is blank. Tesla app also not getting correct info from the car. Its acting as if its out of battery but it was connected and charged 80%.
Its sitting in the garage. Is the battery dead?
2109 Model 3 RWD; 52K miles on it.
Thanks

Hello
Got up to a Tesla that doesnt start. Making weird noises. The interior lights near the mirror blinks. But screen is blank. Tesla app also not getting correct info from the car. Its acting as if its out of battery but it was connected and charged 80%.
Thanks
You might try to recharge it:

Reactions: dvs12
Would AAA do it?
I doubt very seriously AAA would do this. They just contract out with local towing companies for services, and local towing companies will barely change a tire on a Tesla (in southern california, where they are basically the equivalent of toyota camrys in number of vehicles around).

Reactions: dvs12
You actually *can* get the 12v battery pretty much anywhere, and it's an easy job. It's Group Size 51R.

The issue is, the one from Tesla is actually significantly cheaper and from what I've read has the vents in the best position.

This is like a $100 job at Tesla service. The battery is like $85 and the labor $15. To do it yourself you'll need to pop the drunk by touching a 9v battery to the leads behind the tow hook.

It's really not worth doing this job yourself unless you just like to do your own work.

Reactions: ATPMSD and brkaus
Hello
Thanks
Whenever there's an electrical issue, the first thing I'd consider is the 12v. Replace it, in order to rule it out. Perhaps, the PCS has failed and it's not charging the 12v. After you swap out the 12v, you can look in the Service Menu.

I mean a 2019, that's due for a 12v change. Anything beyond 3yrs old can die at any time.