Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslafi or Stats app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have watched lots of reviews of the Stats app which I think would offer me the data I need and the functionality without being overloaded.

I'm primarily interested some basic stats and smart sentry/ability to control charge status in a fairly advanced way.

Unfortunately I use iOS and Android so it only being iOS is a PITA.

It's also £20 one off as opposed to $50 per year.

Any thoughts?

Yup. Various threads on this.

This one isn't re stats but may be useful:

Teslastics vs TeslaFi

The scheduling side of teslafi is hard to beat for regular planning of charge limit/start/stop. And teslai has the arguable disadvantage of being a web page rather than app, so perhaps not so clear on a small screen, but is ios/android agnostic as a result.

Personally, I'm pleased with teslafi but being an android user haven't tried stats.

Also, think about the charging structure.
A one off payment might seem like a good deal, and to the developer a good little earner, but is it sustainable, will it scale?

I'm amazed by the data that teslafi stores, collecting info every minute, generating aggregate stats ontop of this, lifetime maps, total charges etc.

It is a ton of data that I think is reasonably priced for $50/yr - and a business model that hopefully means in 4 years time I can still see what my car was doing at exactly this minute.

Teslafi offer 1 month free, and it is mobile responsive I keep a tab open, really easy on my Android device to check the status of a charge, or whether the doors are locked without waiting to load the Tesla app.

Also, think about the charging structure.
A one off payment might seem like a good deal, and to the developer a good little earner, but is it sustainable, will it scale?

I'm amazed by the data that teslafi stores, collecting info every minute, generating aggregate stats ontop of this, lifetime maps, total charges etc.

It is a ton of data that I think is reasonably priced for $50/yr - and a business model that hopefully means in 4 years time I can still see what my car was doing at exactly this minute.

Teslafi offer 1 month free, and it is mobile responsive I keep a tab open, really easy on my Android device to check the status of a charge, or whether the doors are locked without waiting to load the Tesla app.

Understood. I make my living as a software developer and I am happy to pay for software and I appreciate the effort that goes into it. Just not sure it's worth £40 per year to me when I think I only care about stopping a scheduled charge. But I will try the trial and see.

Understood. I make my living as a software developer and I am happy to pay for software and I appreciate the effort that goes into it. Just not sure it's worth £40 per year to me when I think I only care about stopping a scheduled charge. But I will try the trial and see.

I think it's one of those things where "worth it" is subjective. It's not like it'll save you significant money in other ways but the geek in me uses it easily enough that I don't consider it expensive. Suppose I might save a few pennies here and there in reducing vampire drain because it doesn't wake the car up.

Hey, you can make it a bit cheaper by persuading others to use your referral code though. PM me if you want mine! ;)

If you want the ultimate in data then I guess it’s got to be Teslafi. I used the free one month trial but found I wasn’t interested in the vast amount of the data provided. I downloaded Stats and it does everything I want and more.

Horses for courses!