Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaLog.com - Your hosted Tesla Data Logger - Announcement / Support threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You know what might be kind of cool, now that you have a lot of cars logging data? A chart that shows, by model, the average wh/mi for each day. We'd see weather trends affecting the overall average. We'd be able to compare our numbers to the overall average for any day, and think what might account for the differences, etc.

Just so you get an idea what I'm talking about, the table might look something like the following:

Date 70D 85D P85D 90D P90D S85 S60 P85

1/25/16 332 340 375 360 380 320 340 355
1/26/16 337 345 377 369 391 322 339 358
1/27/16 328 335 365 362 375 315 332 347

The wh/mi would be the average of all the cars within that model that recorded trips that day.

If for some reason someone really did not want their stats included in the figures, I guess you could allow them to opt out, by having an opt-out selection, but I can't think of a reason anyone would object to their wh/mi being used to put together an overall average.

If you did put together this chart, you might also show the total miles driven each day, by model as well.

Just some ideas.

It pretty hard to get consistent number here. Tire type, tire pressure, ground condition, terrain type, driving style are all things that would skew the value. I'll need lot more car to get consistent values.

- - - Updated - - -

Just for the record, this issue was fixed for us living in the positive timezones, thanks Marc!

Small suggestion, add brief descriptions of different variables in graphs, e.g. "kWh charged reported by car" or "kWh charged calculated from current and voltage". Having these on the bottom of the page should reduce many questions here. No need to describe all variables, mostly those that are not quite obvious.

It part of my todo list to review all the different graph and table and be more consistant with the different columns name, and maybe invent new name and set a description for them (hover info box or something)

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Marc! Thanks again for adding the option to turn off logging.

Are you working on a way to schedule it, so that it automatically turns off at night then back on in the morning?
If not, would it be possible to please add it to your queue of enhancements? Ideally with a control to enter the time of day for turning logging off and on.

Merci!

I don't want to add too much new things in the current data logger engine since I want to rewrite it allowing to do a bunch of new feature more easily. I also want to do standalone data logging if I do maintenance on the DB. Got over 200,000,000 data entry into it, so things starting to get a bit longer when playing with it :) but it on my todo list.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a question, what values are being used to calculate the Ave. Wh/mi in the "Daily average weekly" report?

Thanks
Same value you see in the trip log page.

- - - Updated - - -

Other suggested features:

-Track vampire loss(between charges and when not driving)
-Track power consumption from activity other than driving if possible
Vampire loss calculation is a bit pointless when logging 24/7... It would probably require a special function that disable the tracker for 12hours for example and then compare both of them... But that value is pretty much known if your car is in sleep more or not...

I cannot track power comsumption that closely. I can try to guess some information, like when your driving and your at a Stop or light, your speed is 0, but your kW will show the value of your other electronic usage, so taking that I can estimate how much your heating/cooling take... But that a pretty broad estimate.

It pretty hard to get consistent number here. Tire type, tire pressure, ground condition, terrain type, driving style are all things that would skew the value. I'll need lot more car to get consistent values.

The way I envisioned this I wasn't expecting the values in any way to be consistent. The benefit and the fun, so to speak, in the feature would be in being able to compare your stats to the consolidated stats, and then trying to figure out the reasons yours may differ on any given day, or why they differ more one day than on another day. Also it would be interesting to see how the trends move as the weather changes. If you did include the miles driven per model per day as well, people would intuitively be able to tell how much weight to assign any particular value, based on how much data was going into determining that value.

I just thought it might be fun, and the kind of thing that once you built it once, you wouldn't need to mess with again. The data is being collected anyway, so you could always add this later, when you have the time, if you decide it makes sense to do it then.

Thanks again for a great site!

maybe small bug??

to mochouinard: yesterday I tested my new CANbus logger and... Maybe small bug?
ID car 289, way time > 21:19 2016/02/05
Thank you very much for result :)
teslalog_graph_bug.jpg

to mochouinard: yesterday I tested my new CANbus logger and... Maybe small bug?
ID car 289, way time > 21:19 2016/02/05
Thank you very much for result :)

When you mean a new CANbus logger, did you actually physically connected to the canbus of the car ? If so, be careful, because it the first time I see corrupted data coming in from Tesla Servers !

I have timestamp value that is invalid. I've added a condition to ignore those stored value that is too low, but this is a sign that if you have a physical logger, that it interfering with something.

Last edited:
After a few check, it seem this issue started in february. Tesla is trunking the timestamp return by the car position. Occur on a bunch of car this month (None in january). Weird that this only happen on entry once in a while... I'll see about creating a script that try to fix those value with their correct full timestamp.

When you mean a new CANbus logger, did you actually physically connected to the canbus of the car ? If so, be careful, because it the first time I see corrupted data coming in from Tesla Servers !

I have timestamp value that is invalid. I've added a condition to ignore those stored value that is too low, but this is a sign that if you have a physical logger, that it interfering with something.

It is highly likely that this is related. Good to know! Thx for repair records. Good work.

Hi, mochouinard,
Finally I was able to take screenshots of my Japanese P85, showing wrong rated ranges.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Sorry my tapatalk crashes when attaching images. Basically my typical range (equivalent of rated but at 320Wh/mile) is 113km as of now, but car_info shows 141.6km and live shows 129km, report_charge_level shows 418km at 90%, which is too high. It should be like 337km.

Ok I tried to signup using Microsoft Edge and it always seemed to hang. I then went back to IE and it hung multiple time, so I would close the browser and restart.

Somehow in the process I wound up with the attached image for my car...

How to correct this?

Thanks

Attachments

• opps.jpg
    opps.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 107
Ok I tried to signup using Microsoft Edge and it always seemed to hang. I then went back to IE and it hung multiple time, so I would close the browser and restart.

How to correct this?

Thanks

Hey that exploded view of the car is pretty cool.... Mouch in your spare time (haa haa) you should have the graphic of the car explode and then reassemble.

Hi Mochouinard,

Does tesla log the speedlimit info somewhere?

tnx

They maybe do, but not available from the API ( As far as I know)

- - - Updated - - -

How to correct this?

Thanks
You should install Google Chrome, that will fix most of your display issues on a lot of website. Firefox, Safari and a bunch of other browser should be fine...

Microsoft pretty retarded ! Changing the name to Edge was a good idea since IE is now branded as a pretty terrible browser, so even fixing it won't remove it stigma. So I though they finally started following the different standards like the other browser and changed their name to show this.... Well apparently not, and if Microsoft don't have time to fix their browser, I don't have the time neither to hack my site to work it them.

After a couple of weeks not moving, my car did about 20 miles today. The teslalog record still shows the last log as February 4th.

how do I access the latest log please?

If it was recorded, it should show about 1 second after you put your car into park. No data connection, or an expired token might be the reason. Or you disabled the logging in the car_info page (the 2 slider)

You should receive an automatic email when you token expire. But you can check here as well : https://teslalog.com/tesla_token.html

They maybe do, but not available from the API ( As far as I know)

- - - Updated - - -

You should install Google Chrome, that will fix most of your display issues on a lot of website. Firefox, Safari and a bunch of other browser should be fine...

Microsoft pretty retarded ! Changing the name to Edge was a good idea since IE is now branded as a pretty terrible browser, so even fixing it won't remove it stigma. So I though they finally started following the different standards like the other browser and changed their name to show this.... Well apparently not, and if Microsoft don't have time to fix their browser, I don't have the time neither to hack my site to work it them.

So IE is not supported? I am kind of thinking with the Edge crash and switch to IE that the retrieval process of my cars configuration was some how messed up?

Everything else seems to be functional....

So IE is not supported? I am kind of thinking with the Edge crash and switch to IE that the retrieval process of my cars configuration was some how messed up?

Everything else seems to be functional....

I don't have IE or Edge, so I can't even test anything. I would have hoped that what work with the other browser also work in edge these days, but apparently not.

It probably some stylesheet feature not supported in Edge that cause this to happen. I've used stylesheet background css code to build up the car for display. This even allow for me to open or close the different door of the car in the web UI pretty easily.

If it was recorded, it should show about 1 second after you put your car into park. No data connection, or an expired token might be the reason. Or you disabled the logging in the car_info page (the 2 slider)

You should receive an automatic email when you token expire. But you can check here as well : https://teslalog.com/tesla_token.html
I still get no recording. The token still has 53 days to run.

The token list page says it can't connect to a specific IP address on port 7654. Is the Tesla server blocking me?