Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaMate [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
maybe specific to cars with adjustable suspension
I do have the air suspension - '17 MS100D. It's automatically set to "Very High" when I am home. I'm also surprised how differently various cars react - i.e., auto wipers. I think mine are near perfect, but many others don't. Just seems like too many in this camp to be a subjective preference.

I'm on 2021.4.18.2 FWIW, but it's been sleeping well for the last few months ever since stumbling across the "not plugged in" trick. Since I'm working from home, my TeslaFi settings are to basically try to sleep anytime it is here all day long, which is most of the time.

Very curious.

I do have the air suspension - '17 MS100D. It's automatically set to "Very High" when I am home. I'm also surprised how differently various cars react - i.e., auto wipers. I think mine are near perfect, but many others don't. Just seems like too many in this camp to be a subjective preference.

I'm on 2021.4.18.2 FWIW, but it's been sleeping well for the last few months ever since stumbling across the "not plugged in" trick. Since I'm working from home, my TeslaFi settings are to basically try to sleep anytime it is here all day long, which is most of the time.

Very curious.
I installed 2020.48.37.6 yesterday which is the latest version available for my car. I'm assuming you're AP2, hence the 2021 fw version. The 37.6 update didn't fix it. The guy at Teslafi insists is a firmware issue

Might be a stupid question but how do you “stop” TeslaMate? Tried signing out, tried “docker-compose stop”, both times new data was still collected and all containers were running when I looked at “docker ps”.
Why you ask? My car won’t sleep at all now and I want to be sure the last update and TeslaMate aren’t having a fight!

I am not sure how to do this without losing history. Could someone (Dave W 😉?) please post instructions?

It *looks* like you can just edit the VM and change machine type. Will give it a go after 1st of August :) - I'm not actually using my GCP account at the moment though, still on Digital Ocean

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-27 at 12.32.03.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-27 at 12.32.03.png
    63.5 KB · Views: 53
Might be a stupid question but how do you “stop” TeslaMate? Tried signing out, tried “docker-compose stop”, both times new data was still collected and all containers were running when I looked at “docker ps”.
Why you ask? My car won’t sleep at all now and I want to be sure the last update and TeslaMate aren’t having a fight!
To answer my own post - don’t reboot your host after “docket-compose stop”. Apparently that restarts the socket containers, or at least it does the way I have socket installed apparently … Now to see if my car will sleep and not bleed power otherwise I guess I have to try to contact Tesla support

make sure you enabled streaming API in teslamate, it shouldn't wake your car, ever. Otherwise, hit sign out in your teslamate settings and then change your Tesla password - that should stop it from running

Reactions: GOVA
Doubt this is a Teslamate issue as poster above. Been using this on a Model 3 for a month now..no issues whatsoever. It queries Tesla's api and servers directly to query/grab data associated with your data in their cloud/hosting. Your car is just sending data up to Tesla, where Teslamate, TeslaFi etc..just grab that stored data via the API and keep it locally on a server DB for reporting. Teslamate doesn't talk to your car directly in any way.

make sure you enabled streaming API in teslamate, it shouldn't wake your car, ever. Otherwise, hit sign out in your teslamate settings and then change your Tesla password - that should stop it from running
Cheers - thought I'd done all that (apart from the password - went one step further and stopped the docker containers running the TeslaMate stuff!) Mistake was updating my Pi OS and restarting the board - apparently that restarts the docker containers ... who knew?!
Anyway, rang Tesla Support this afternoon and, just to prove the Tesla really is a computer with an incidental car built around it, it did the typical IT of working when you show the problem to someone else and the bloody thing had just gone to sleep while I was in the queue waiting for the call to be answered! They did have me log out of the app, not just kill it, and then leave it alone for a few hours. I had just gone and opened the car with the key not my phone about 30 mins before so maybe that triggered something - who knows. Will charge tonight before re-enabling stuff assuming it goes to sleep after the charge. No idea why TeslaMate could be causing this (and really don't think it is given I kill it off 5 hours before I rang and the car was awake with instant response from the app the time I checked towards the end of that 5 hour period ...