Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

@TeslaRoadTrip 2014 (Feb 15-17, 2014) - Dinner Event Signup & Details Available!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have one suggestion so far: name tags. I asked the Tesla store at Montgomery Mall if they have any Tesla lanyards for name tags.

I'm thinking we need name tags with both our real names and our TMC handles.
Having attended many events where I know attendees primarily online and have a hard time telling who is who in person, I've learned that the best type of badging either needs to be fixed so that it doesn't flip around in the wind, or be reversible with the exact same info printed large and bold on both sides. I'd say throw in City, State as well.

I have one suggestion so far: name tags. I asked the Tesla store at Montgomery Mall if they have any Tesla lanyards for name tags.

I'm thinking we need name tags with both our real names and our TMC handles.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe they are going to try to get it running before the event. Still, it would be hard for a lot of us to charge there.

wow does this have the popularity level to actually be "the" reason for the Bethesda charger? Seems to me like there is more at play here but it is fun to think about :)

i also like the lanyard suggestion, and would totally pay them to keep it too! Cause I wear a lanyard at work and would totally switch over to a Tesla one! Haha

off topic: I am such a nerd that I currently wear an "Aperture Science" lanyard and love it when people ask, "so what's it like working for Aperture Science?" With tons of contracting companies floating around the office it totally fits right in unnoticed :)

Having attended many events where I know attendees primarily online and have a hard time telling who is who in person, I've learned that the best type of badging either needs to be fixed so that it doesn't flip around in the wind, or be reversible with the exact same info printed large and bold on both sides. I'd say throw in City, State as well.

techmaven and dflye,

Great idea! I like the way you guys think.

Would one of you be willing to take on the role of seeing that we have name tags for everybody? We can provide the names if you can arrange the printing and getting the lanyards/holders. Maybe Tesla does have some lanyards they can give us that are left over from previous events.

Lanny

techmaven and dflye,

Great idea! I like the way you guys think.

Would one of you be willing to take on the role of seeing that we have name tags for everybody? We can provide the names if you can arrange the printing and getting the lanyards/holders. Maybe Tesla does have some lanyards they can give us that are left over from previous events.

Lanny
Let me ask around some previous event hosts I know to see if they have any recommendations on lanyard vendors, there seems to be an insane variety of them to choose from, so looking for quick, inexpensive, customizable, etc. Not sure if we'd have to get permission to borrow any logo artwork, so may just be lettering on lanyard itself, likely have no issue with getting the logo onto the printed material to insert into the badge holder at the end of the lanyard.

I live right next to Udvar Hazy Air and Space Center and one of the guys I work with is a Museum Docent at SUHASC. I have little to no interest in dealing with the congestion in Arlington and DC, but the Udvar Hazy idea is something we can easily build on!!!

Here are some ideas:

1. The Winery a Bull Run on the Manassas National Battlefield. (ten minutes south of Udvar Hazy Air and Space. Winery Northern Virginia Wines Tasting Events VA, Vineyard DC - Wineryatbullrun.com - lots of parking!
2. Charging locations: My house has a HPWC (80 AMP) - near the vineyard. Nissan Dealership in Chantilly (30 amp) and Ford Dealership (30 amp). As well as the huge campground next to Manassas Battlefield Bull Run - RV Camping. The also have cabins that they rent (sleep six) http://www.nvrpa.org/park/bull_run/content/rustic_cabins
3. I will try and attend, but have no interest in going to Arlington to fight for a parking space and deal with congestion and pay for parking everywhere you go.
4. Also during the visit to the Udvar Hazy Air and Space you might want to park across the street (East side of Route 28) from Udvar Hazy at Sully Historic Site and save $15 per person
http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks/sully-historic-site/ -

Sully Historic Site

3650 Historic Sully Rd,
Chantilly, VA 20151
703-817-9407
5. Found this article that might be helpful too.Planning an BEV camping trip to the Washington, DC area, but would like to avoid the congestion? There’s plenty to see near Washington Dulles International Airport, and one of our favorite attractions is the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center. Part of the National Air and Space Museum, it’s where aircraft-loving folks go to see things that can’t be displayed at the main Museum location.
Intrigued by the thought of seeing thousands of aircraft-related artifacts? Let’s look at what’s in store when you turn your Tesla toward Chantilly, VA and this exciting air and space attraction.
What Will We See at the Udvar-Hazy Center?
Two enormous hangars and an observation tower house this museum’s extensive collection. Perhaps the most exciting find for space travel fans is the space shuttle Enterprise, found in the James S. McDonnell Hangar. Satellites, rockets and dozens of other space-travel-related mementos will keep you and your RV camping crew busy for hours.

But be sure to save time to visit the Boeing Aviation Hangar, where you’ll find the B-29 Superfortress Enola Gay. Once you’ve looked to your heart’s content at other aircraft in this three-story hangar, go next door to the Observation Tower and watch the planes come and go at Dulles International.
Is There RV Camping Nearby (and 50 AMP Chargers)?
Scenic Northeast Virginia offers plenty of comfortable RV campgrounds. Try Bull Run Regional Park’s RV campground in nearby Centreville, VA. You’ll also find plenty to do at Hillwood Camping Park in Gainesville, VA, just twenty minutes west of Chantilly.

Other Area Attractions
Not only will you enjoy a premier air and space museum in Chantilly, you’ll find yourself in the heart of historic Northern Virginia. George Washington’s beloved Mount Vernon estate is just thirty minutes south of Chantilly in Alexandria (and don’t miss Old Town Alexandria while you’re going!)

If you choose to remain outside the D.C. metro area, go southwest from Chantilly to Manassas National Battlefield, site of the pivotal Civil War engagement. Another memorable location to visit is Great Falls National Park, northeast of Chantilly on the Potomac.
These are just three of the hundreds of historic and scenic attractions in northern Virginia. Why not start your BEV camping trip with a visit to the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center and then let yourself explore the region before returning home? Vacations are all about following your flights of fancy, and there’s no better place than this worthy extension to the National Air and Space Museum in Chantilly, Virginia.

While the Hagerstown Supercharger link, for those coming from the west, isn't quite done yet, it's getting close. Here is some video I took yesterday and edited down (from about 20 min of video)... I may have over done it a touch, and it's missing the Tesla intro and exit, but perhaps it will entertain while they complete the site!

Updated to new version with updated intro and exit

[video=vimeo;84498781]https://vimeo.com/84498781[/video]
Hagerstown Final on Vimeo

Last edited:
I may have over done it a touch, and it's missing the Tesla intro and exit, but perhaps it will entertain while they complete the site!
[video=vimeo;84476743]https://vimeo.com/84476743[/video]

It's not done unless it's OVER done! I was going to head up there on Monday to try out the Superchargers, but I guess I'll save it for another time.

Thanks for the awesome video Peter!

While the Hagerstown Supercharger link, for those coming from the west, isn't quite done yet, it's getting close. Here is some video I took yesterday and edited down (from about 20 min of video)... I may have over done it a touch, and it's missing the Tesla intro and exit, but perhaps it will entertain while they complete the site!

[video=vimeo;84476743]https://vimeo.com/84476743[/video]

No other words, it is "BEYOND AWESOME"
Thanks for your efforts

I live right next to Udvar Hazy Air and Space Center and one of the guys I work with is a Museum Docent at SUHASC. I have little to no interest in dealing with the congestion in Arlington and DC, but the Udvar Hazy idea is something we can easily build on!!!

I hope I am incorrect, but you are coming across as one who is just considering your own convenience?

BTW there is plenty of free parking in Crystal City over weekends. Hope you can attend.

Registration | @TeslaRoadTrip 2014 – “All Superchargers Lead to DCâ€￾

Last edited:
Udvar is very convenient, Arlington not so much. What it really comes down to is busy weekends with family restrict my fun time with the car.

Offer still stands if someone needs a charging port I have one tens minutes from udvar. I hope I can attend even on a limited basis

P85|P17540| all options except jump seats| delivery Dec 16 2013

I will try to attend as much of the events as I can (though am busy that weekend). If anyone needs charging, I have a Nema 10-30 (I have the adapter if you don't) in Chevy Chase, just off I495, so if anyone needs some extra miles or have trouble finding other chargers, please feel free to PM me. I also put this on the google attendance form.

I will try to attend as much of the events as I can (though am busy that weekend). If anyone needs charging, I have a Nema 10-30 (I have the adapter if you don't) in Chevy Chase, just off I495, so if anyone needs some extra miles or have trouble finding other chargers, please feel free to PM me. I also put this on the google attendance form.

Ven

If you do decide to attend some of the events, please remember to fill out the attendee form on the web page so we have an accurate count!

http://teslaroadtrip.org/registration

Aaron

Aaron;

I submitted my registration Jan 13 via email using the email address you originally provided. Should I register via the web site in addition? Don't want to cause problems for you with multiple registrations.

Only, All -

As indicated on the first post of this thread, please *DO NOT* fill out the form if you previously had contacted us via email about attending... If you indicated that you were planning to attend, we already added you to the database...

Once we have more of the details of the cocktail hour & dinner worked out, we will be contacting everyone that had responded via email (and more recently the form) to find out who will be attending either (or both) and also give you all information about signing up & paying for the dinner.

We are working on the ability for attendees to update their information if necessary via the form.... but we're not quite there yet.

Thanks All!

Aaron