Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas in Movies & TV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brian Cox is one interesting person.

Saw him an episode of Fully Charged on Youtube.

Was a teen pop star.

Became a physicist when his music career fizzled. Now has a science and technology show on BBC 2.

I've been watching "Human Universe", his latest show on the BBC, and was amazed when I looked him up. First, I thought he was much younger than he is (he's 46). Second, he's had several shows over the years in which he's been either a producer, writer, presenter, or all of the above. He's also won numerous academic honors and awards. He actually went into physics early on but let his music career get in the way, then went back to physics. He's a very accomplished gentleman.

Brian Cox on Wikipedia.

Last edited:
While not strictly Model S related, tonight's The Simpsons/Futurama crossover episode let us peek 1000 years into future. Nice to know Tesla will still be around in 3014.
I'm pretty sure the name is a nod to "The Chrysler Building", also shown.

The.Simpsons.tesla.building.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know about the name, but the shape of the building is definitely a nod to the phallic obelisk that was debuted at the first Supercharge launch, never to appear again!

Tesla-Supercharger-and-Musk.jpg

Highlights And Webcast From Tesla Supercharger Launch - | Inside EVs

While not strictly Model S related, tonight's The Simpsons/Futurama crossover episode let us peek 1000 years into future. Nice to know Tesla will still be around in 3014.
I'm pretty sure the name is a nod to "The Chrysler Building", also shown.

Maybe, although the colors (light/dark) look reversed. And when I said "never to appear again" I just meant that it was never used in any kind of promotion of the Superchargers...It was front and center at the unveiling, and then never "used" again in any kind of promotion of Tesla and/or the Superchargers.

I think the obelisk is permanently outside of the Tesla design center in Hawthorne CA.

Maybe, although the colors (light/dark) look reversed.

It is the other side.

And when I said "never to appear again" I just meant that it was never used in any kind of promotion of the Superchargers...It was front and center at the unveiling, and then never "used" again in any kind of promotion of Tesla and/or the Superchargers.

It is not like they do a lot of promotion. Sometimes they have a ribbon cutting ceremony with local bigwigs and local press but nothing at Tesla Hawthorne or Palo Alto. They have moved across the way to the Hawthorne Airport for the P85D unveiling because they needed more space. Looks heavy and cumbersome to move.

It's exciting to see so many Model S' in movies and tv. I believe the real movers will be the Model 3 and E. Nissan and Ford are doing some great tv ads, anything that helps move the needle on awareness is progress. Electric Car Insider magazine is making a push to get onto 1,000's of more eye level retail newsstands. They are in the middle of a Kickstarter campaign to raise EV awareness. https://www.kickstarter.com/project...ric-car-insider-magazine-2015-ev-buyers-guide

Watching "The Filthy Rich Guide to billion badboys"

A blue Roadster made an appearance twice driving on winding roads.

They asked 4 supermodels which car was more appealing, Model S or Bentley (cant remember the model name). The prices were listed 69,900 and 440,000. Three of the four supermodels chose Model S. :cool: I bet if it was a red Model S they showcased it wouldve gotten that fourth vote. The one who didn't choose Model looked kinda homely anyway. Rock on!

Model S in Hawaii FIVE-O Episode

Just returned from Honolulu and saw the latest episode of Five-O. Towards the end of the show there's a Model S parked in the driveway of a very expensive home in Kahala. It's parked next to a Porsche.

Very cool......

New season started last night of House of Lies and of course Marty's Model S (Actually Don Cheadle's Model S... but still) was in the episode :D

The best shot of it was when they were getting ready to leave a client's place as this conversation unfolds:

Just go close him, Doug.
- Yeah? - Yeah.
- Can you do it by yourself? - Go back.
- You trust me? - Marty: Yes.
Yes, dude.
Do it by yourself.
All right, you won't ditch me? You'll stay here? - Yes, of course.
- Nobody's ditching you.
Okay.
All right, wish me luck.
- Hey, are you ditching me?

This was brilliant simply because the car made no noise (no engine startup or some such) so as Doug was walking away they just silently start to drive off and then Doug notices they are ditching him and he turns around yelling for them.

Anyway, there were a couple other brief moments with the S, but nothing too much.