Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas in Movies & TV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A grey Model S was in tonight's episode of the Lethal Weapon TV show (episode 3). The dialog had a lot of Tesla errors, such as:
The lady walks up to the Tesla and "beeps" the door unlocked.
The character says she works at a Tesla dealership.
The character says she got a good deal on the car and Tesla doesn't discount their cars even to employees.

A grey Model S was in tonight's episode of the Lethal Weapon TV show (episode 3). The dialog had a lot of Tesla errors, such as:
The lady walks up to the Tesla and "beeps" the door unlocked.
The character says she works at a Tesla dealership.
The character says she got a good deal on the car and Tesla doesn't discount their cars even to employees.

We're watching the episode now and I was wondering if she was guilty of something. She did say one of the perks was being able to drive an $80,000 car. I thought that meant she was loaned one by the "dealership"

Reactions: Grendal
We're watching the episode now and I was wondering if she was guilty of something. She did say one of the perks was being able to drive an $80,000 car. I thought that meant she was loaned one by the "dealership"

She goes on to say that she could "afford it." Implying or inferring that she got a lower price. A loaner doesn't need to be "afforded." I went back and watched it a second time to confirm what I thought I heard.

The back end BS rewriting of history to justify the silly dialog I thought of was: she does work at a used car dealership. They got a steal of a trade in and passed on that savings to one of their prize employees. Therefore her dialog would work given that circumstance...

I was happy to see the Tesla directly and accurately named by the main character.

It's not exactly a Tesla, and it's probably good that it's not, but it shows a potential unforeseen problem with autonomous, self driving cars.

In Sunday's "The Last Man on Earth", one of the characters pulls up in a "self driving" BMW i8...which promptly drives away on it's own when she got out and left her at the side of the road yelling at it to come back!

last man self driving car.JPG

Last edited:
It's not exactly a Tesla, and it's probably good that it's not, but it shows a potential unforeseen problem with autonomous, self driving cars.

In Sunday's "The Last Man on Earth", one of the characters pulls up in a "self driving" BMW i8...which promptly drives away on it's own when she got out and left her at the side of the road yelling at it to come back!

View attachment 199992

That looked like a BMW i8, which is not autonomous now.

When I saw that I thought, "it wouldn't be a problem with a Tesla". The car goes into park and at least partially shuts off when the car senses nobody in the driver's seat.

That looked like a BMW i8, which is not autonomous now.

When I saw that I thought, "it wouldn't be a problem with a Tesla". The car goes into park and at least partially shuts off when the car senses nobody in the driver's seat.

That's why I put "self driving" in quotes. I just thought it was funny because of all the potential problems I've read about with autonomous cars (from mostly uninformed armchair commentators on other sites), "running away" from it's owner had never been mentioned before now.

BTW, there is a very short video version of that picture on the show's Facebook page. I couldn't post it on here but it's pretty funny.

Reactions: jvonbokel