Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas in Movies & TV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.png
image.png

BoJACK HORSEMAN S03e12 (Netflix). Also, in episode 1 a TV network executive mentions that his wife left him for "Christopher from the Tesla dealership".

Just to clarify things, that scene didn't have anything whatsoever to do with Autopilot. The character was contemplating taking "the final exit", and that episode was probably completed long before all of the recent autopilot incidents. It was just an unfortunate choice of cars for him to do it in.

• Helpful
Reactions: jvonbokel
I'm not sure if the ad at the beginning of this will show up, or be the same for everyone, but if the ad for Adam Ruins Everything
show up note the slanderous claim ;)
http://ch2lb.checkm8.com/data/903799/dated.mp4
I've seen this ad a couple of times. Found it mildly annoying, but I suspect his show is meant to be entertainment much more than scientific (I've not seen it). I wonder if there will be an episode about electric cars?
On the plus side, when I looked up a list of episodes, I remembered he did one about car dealerships in the first season, so there's that.

his show is meant to be entertainment much more than scientific
Well, I don't know about "scientific", but he does try to be factual. Every claim is backed by a citation that you can go check out,
though of course you are free to doubt the credibility of any given source and/or his interpretation of what the source said.
I imagine he's going to say that how green your electric car is depends a lot on what your electricity source is. Hopefully he'll have
some actual data on the distribution of Tesla ownership vs. the carbon footprints of their electricity sources. Pacific Northwest: buy
more Teslas! :)

Well, I don't know about "scientific", but he does try to be factual. Every claim is backed by a citation that you can go check out,
though of course you are free to doubt the credibility of any given source and/or his interpretation of what the source said.
I imagine he's going to say that how green your electric car is depends a lot on what your electricity source is. Hopefully he'll have
some actual data on the distribution of Tesla ownership vs. the carbon footprints of their electricity sources. Pacific Northwest: buy
more Teslas! :)
Yeah, I didn't mean to imply he would be misleading in any way. I probably should've elaborated. I'm inclined to expect the same, that he'll say it depends on your electric source. That's a subject that's been beaten to death, so when somebody brings that up, rather than get into the details, I usually just point out there are many sources of electricity, but only one source of gasoline. :)

Brand new member here and future Tesla owner (current Leaf owner). I just noticed an add on TNT for a new show called Good Behavior that is set to begin in November. Without commenting on the premise or whether it may be a good show, I did notice that one of the main characters (I believe he is a hitman) appears to drive a Model S. I found this interesting and hope it is a sign that Tesla and EVs are moving more into the mainstream. I do wonder if this is paid product placement by Tesla or simply the writers / producers using what they consider to be a "cool" car.

Brand new member here ... I just noticed an add on TNT for a new show called Good Behavior ... one of the main characters (I believe he is a hitman) appears to drive a Model S. I ... hope it is a sign that Tesla and EVs are moving more into the mainstream. I do wonder if this is ... simply the writers / producers using what they consider to be a "cool" car.
As a new member, I should advise you that a significantly-higher-than-average proportion of the participants in these forums are hitmen (and hitwomen). Our motto: silent gun, silent car. :cool: ;)

• Funny
Reactions: K5ING and jvonbokel