Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas in Movies & TV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night on The Simpsons. Haven't watched it yet as I have thousands of OTA shows and movies recorded on my Mac mini DVR (only stay current on a handful of series, binge-watch the rest whenever the mood strikes me), but took a few screenshots after hearing about it.

View attachment 355575

View attachment 355576

View attachment 355577

View attachment 355578
Am I the only one bothered by the fact that Krusty was able to get a facelift model s with a solid roof option?

I guess celebrities get preferential treatment at tesla!!!

in this week's Mr. Robot Series Finale part 1, a white Model S slowly drives across in the background during the opening credit sequence and then ~30 seconds later another appears and honks at Elliot when he crosses the street oblivious of traffic around him (with another MS parked in the background). I haven't finished watching the 2pt finale, so no spoilers offered (nor wish to receive any!), but I assume the appearance of these MS among other clues in the opening scenes are intended to clearly establish this scene (as well as end of last week's curious episode "Exit") taking place in current-day timeframe.

IMG_4793.JPG

The first shot in that fantasy town was actually ALL electric cars (and all white). Elliot's dad has a while Volvo, but it's an ICE you hear him start-up. And Elliot later takes a black Escalade (also ICE, obv.) from the other Elliot, when he is moving the body, but the background cars continue to be almost exclusively white and many electric. But they live in a town with a power generator, perhaps they get cheap power.

I deleted it after watching, so no way to reference, but I think there was even an old Model S with the black nosecone painted to look like the modern fascia does, just painted white below the Tesla logo.

turns out there's more all-white Teslas appearing later on, in both parts of the Mr. Robot finale...

IMG_4796.JPG
IMG_4797.JPG

The first shot in that fantasy town was actually ALL electric cars (and all white). Elliot's dad has a while Volvo, but it's an ICE you hear him start-up. And Elliot later takes a black Escalade (also ICE, obv.) from the other Elliot, when he is moving the body, but the background cars continue to be almost exclusively white and many electric. But they live in a town with a power generator, perhaps they get cheap power.

I deleted it after watching, so no way to reference, but I think there was even an old Model S with the black nosecone painted to look like the modern fascia does, just painted white below the Tesla logo.
yeah, including an older nosecone S painted to look like a refresh-fascia version.

Since this "fantasy" town was supposed to be some kind of ideal happy place, I guess over there their Teslas don't get yellow screens, MCU failures or software "upgrade" caused issues like batterygate...

Reactions: israndy