Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas in Movies & TV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Homecoming, I believe it's episode 3, there is a manager character who is frequently on the phone with Julia Roberts' character. In this case he's taking time out from his kid's birthday party to talk on the phone in his driveway. He looks in the window of some white ICE car, but parked behind it is a black Tesla Model S. Before he looks in the windows of the white car, he walks behind the white car and the Tesla logo is in the middle of the shot for a second.

Reactions: wipster and israndy
I'm annoyed that they highlight the 'forgot to charge', which would feed into the range anxiety 'myth'. I get it's to further the plot... but not helpful for EV adoption.

My Chevy Bolt reminds me at 7pm if it's not plugged in. My Tesla MS, not so much. Daughter begged to take the tesla to run get pizza one night and didn't plug in upon her return home. Fortunately I get up before anyone in the house and plugged her in.

I detest many plot elements in movies and TV though.... gun play and now EV range anxiety. Heck, Hawaii 5 ohhhhh had a bolt running out of juice as a plot element a few weeks ago.

Heck for all we know Star Trek may have used similar fictional problems to move along episodes... maybe the Romulans really can't cloak their ships, but it was needed for the sake of the story??

My Chevy Bolt reminds me at 7pm if it's not plugged in. My Tesla MS, not so much. Daughter begged to take the tesla to run get pizza one night and didn't plug in upon her return home. Fortunately I get up before anyone in the house and plugged her in.

I detest many plot elements in movies and TV though.... gun play and now EV range anxiety. Heck, Hawaii 5 ohhhhh had a bolt running out of juice as a plot element a few weeks ago.

Heck for all we know Star Trek may have used similar fictional problems to move along episodes... maybe the Romulans really can't cloak their ships, but it was needed for the sake of the story??
Hawai'i is not that big. How could a Bolt run out of electricity?? A leaf, yes, because a Leaf cannot got from Kapaa to Waimea without worry

Hawai'i is not that big. How could a Bolt run out of electricity?? A leaf, yes, because a Leaf cannot got from Kapaa to Waimea without worry

The plot was the Bolt belonged to one of the 5 0 people and in the midst of a heat wave someone stole the car while they were dealing with a home owner holding a shotgun on a bunch of kids in his pool and it was found at the beach with the perp still in it. Trying to cool off the AC. I think the owner had done some hard driving getting to the crime scene. There are some pretty unrealistic things in that show, but an ICE in the same situation might run out of gas so I didn't think it was that outrageous. The character lives in a rental and may not be able to charge at home, so she might not charge every day and it might have been a little low to start.

The plot was the Bolt belonged to one of the 5 0 people and in the midst of a heat wave someone stole the car while they were dealing with a home owner holding a shotgun on a bunch of kids in his pool and it was found at the beach with the perp still in it. Trying to cool off the AC. I think the owner had done some hard driving getting to the crime scene. There are some pretty unrealistic things in that show, but an ICE in the same situation might run out of gas so I didn't think it was that outrageous. The character lives in a rental and may not be able to charge at home, so she might not charge every day and it might have been a little low to start.
Hmmm, perhaps there is a reason I rarely watch tv anymore....

Reactions: ai4px
Last night on The Simpsons. Haven't watched it yet as I have thousands of OTA shows and movies recorded on my Mac mini DVR (only stay current on a handful of series, binge-watch the rest whenever the mood strikes me), but took a few screenshots after hearing about it.

Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 9.28.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 9.29.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 9.31.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 9.31.56 AM.png

Last night on The Simpsons. Haven't watched it yet as I have thousands of OTA shows and movies recorded on my Mac mini DVR (only stay current on a handful of series, binge-watch the rest whenever the mood strikes me), but took a few screenshots after hearing about it.
Overall, not a great episode. The Tesla bit was the funniest sequence and it was short.

Not to derail the current thread subject matter, dedicated thread here: Krusty's Model S

Reactions: SpiceWare
Reactions: ai4px and SpiceWare
Maybe a little outside the bounds of decorum for this forum...
Never heard of the show, never saw an episode. I haven't even had time to watch the clip I posted yet.

I have no context of the decorum of this forum or how this video might violate it. I am a proponent of self censorship... if you don't like something, don't imbibe in it. I'm against governing parties doing that for me.

Edit: This sounds accusatory, and directed at RogerHScott, that was not the intention.

Last edited:
I have no context of the decorum of this forum or how this video might violate it. I am a proponent of self censorship... if you don't like something, don't imbibe in it. I'm against governing parties doing that for me.

The problem with that stance, in this case, is that people have no warning and context so once they started watching there is no way to ‘un-see’ and ‘un-hear’, so “too late” for them to make an informed choice...

The problem with that stance, in this case, is that people have no warning and context so once they started watching there is no way to ‘un-see’ and ‘un-hear’, so “too late” for them to make an informed choice...
If I correctly assume, this is some sort of TV show. Is it really that profane? Would the network censors allow it? I guess I'll watch it tonight and see.

I can no longer edit my post to include a warning of potential profanity.