Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas in Movies & TV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, is that like an anti-advertisement, really clever FUD-spreading? Drive a Tesla and a robot will take you out? :mad:

Nothing like that at all since one has nothing to do with the other.

Wealthy accomplished man drives home in a vintage Tesla.

His smart home gets hacked and causes the electric glass pool cover to engage and trap the wife underneath and drown.

Trying to rescue her the man tries to break the glass pool cover but a computer controlled rifle that is part of the smart home security system shoots the man dead.

If they wanted to spread FUD man dies in spontaneous fire due to old decrepit battery pack.

On House of Lies, they show Marty Khan's Tesla pretty much every episode. The last episode showed several looks at the car, including showing the logo. Did anyone confirm if this is Don Cheadle's car?

View attachment 43658

now that I have finally seen this episode (what is the deal with that BTW, what country is this episode airing 1 week early than the US?) at the end there was a rather funny "goof" on the car, where lex shuts the door and Marty knocks on the glass saying to unlock the door. Given that the handles are still out, I don't think there is any way the car would be locked, and on top of that why would he not have had the fob in his pocket so he could unlock it even if it wasn't already. Oh well, it had a purpose in the show just thought the goof was a little funny.

also we can now say that he also has the premium interior lighting in the car as well :)

Edit: and the tech package (lighted door handles).

The show has been mentioned before but episode 11 of Almost Human has the same car as it did in episode 10

modelS_AlmostHuman_111.png

Just saw a Tesla on South Park. Episode 443 World War Zimmerman . Yesterday on Showtime - Episodes a studio executive talked about his new Tesla. Very popular.

Cartman: "You need to step on the gas now!!... wait, is this a Tesla?
Driver: "Yes?"
Cartman: “In that case, step on the prissy pedal!

Yeah, I'm going to get that from my friends once mine arrives.

Last edited:
A guy and a gal walked into a bar (me and my wife), and as on the way in we were talking about the Model S (a common topic in our householder but that probably surprises no one here), I look up at the tv screens in the bar to a familiar sight. It was the tail of a multi coat red Model S. The show was the Sharks Pregame show, and it was just the reporter talking and the car was behind him. I have no clue what he was talking about, but I assume it was hockey. The Model S was so prominently displayed that had it been a regular newscast, the topic at hand would have had to have been Tesla.

the bar was Bulls in Sacramento.

If you went to the Sharks game tonight ( in Calgary, so maybe the reporter was up there), and you own a Multi coat red Model S, your car was on TV.

two of my favorite things together, hockey and Tesla! ( I refuse to put my hockey gear in the car though...)

Looked like it last's night's episode Marty's car was blue.

How do you people keep getting those episodes a week early? I feel so left out! haha! I think it was just the lighting. Unless Don Cheadle shot the episode while he was using a loaner :p

With the craziness of that show, I keep thinking they are going to have a random car crash scene for WHATEVER reason, and am always afraid that the S is going to be sacrificed to the tv show gods! And then at the end of last week's episode/beginning of this week's with the gang shooting they really messed up a couple cars for the show, so I was just glad it WASN'T Marty's S caught in the crossfire.

chickensevil, you are behind on the episodes! The shooting was two weeks ago now. In last weeks episode Marty is driving a dark blue Model S out of the parking garage of his company. If it was an ICE car he would've zoomed off, but since it's a Tesla he whooshed away!

chickensevil, you are behind on the episodes! The shooting was two weeks ago now. In last weeks episode Marty is driving a dark blue Model S out of the parking garage of his company. If it was an ICE car he would've zoomed off, but since it's a Tesla he whooshed away!

Yes, this is what I don't understand... because showtime is airing them one week behind schedule in my area or something!!! I just saw that episode last night (the post shooting episode), which means you all have seen the finale... so don't spoil it! haha!

I really don't get it. It is the only show that seems to be like that, but then that is the only showtime show I am watching right now as well. I am guessing it must be Verizon's fault (since I have FIOS)

For me I've been seeing next Sunday's episode show up in On Demand on Mondays - as well as episodes of Episodes, though they finished their season already now... I haven't looked yet but I imagine what I think is the House of Lies Season Finale is waiting for me now...

Perhaps it is your DVR if you are recording it. Showtime airs the previous weeks episode the same night as the new one, I believe.

Just double-checked it, the first showing of the finale isn't until this coming Sunday at 10PM. They are replaying practically all the episodes leading up to it. 10PM is the first showing and when it is always recording. Every week. So it must be delayed just for me... Which is really terrible.

I watched the finale not long after that last post of mine. Not sure why they're pushing the On Demand service that way, but it does come in handy when both Showtime and HBO have a good block of shows against each other.

And I do recall some good Tesla shots in the desert sequence at the end... hopefully that's vague enough to not be a spoiler...