Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas in Movies & TV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jessica Jones season 2 episode 4. Starting around 18 minute. Jesicca does something really bad to hood of a model S.

Later she says something along the lines "I punched him into Tesla".

IMG_0157.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JenniferQ
Fidelity Investments Canada has a 30 second commercial that's currently running on TV

The narration of the ad says, in part:
"It's only human nature to imagine what tomorrow may bring.... well now you have the ability to invest in that tomorrow, from blockchain to self-driving cars..."

- the ad then briefly shows the interior of a Model S being driven with AP enabled - and driver without hands(!) on the debadged steering wheel

Screen Shot.jpg

Easter/April Fool’s Day episode of Silicon Valley (Season 5, Episode 2 4/01/2018 “Reorientation”)

Dinesh gets a black Model S with insane mode. In response, Gilfoyle buys an electric tricycle solely to take up the 1 EV parking space 24/7 so Dinesh has to park on the 5th floor.

Later in the episode, Dinesh promptly launches his Tesla into the back of a parked moving van, incurring $17,000 worth of damage.

For bonus points this season, the end of the opening montage includes many Tesla Semis.

As an aside, if you haven’t watched every episode of HBO’s Silicon Valley, you really should. Aviato would approve.

Easter/April Fool’s Day episode of Silicon Valley (Season 5, Episode 2 4/01/2018 “Reorientation”)

Dinesh gets a black Model S with insane mode. In response, Gilfoyle buys an electric tricycle solely to take up the 1 EV parking space 24/7 so Dinesh has to park on the 5th floor.

Later in the episode, Dinesh promptly launches his Tesla into the back of a parked moving van, incurring $17,000 worth of damage.

For bonus points this season, the end of the opening montage includes many Tesla Semis.

As an aside, if you haven’t watched every episode of HBO’s Silicon Valley, you really should. Aviato would approve.

The Aviato car is available on Turo when they aren't filming, or it may be the original and they replaced the car they use for filming.
You can now actually rent Erlich’s Aviato car from HBO’s Silicon Valley

I figured he must have bought a used one, probably a P85D. There was no mention of Ludicrous mode.

I did once work for a tech start up a bit further along than Pied Piper. It was a very dysfunctional company and they folded two years after I was let go. I've also worked for some Huli type companies. Silicon Valley is an exaggeration of what the tech biz is like, but I've seen many things close to the story lines in the show.

Guilfoyle also reminds me a lot of someone I used to know.

Reactions: TaoJones
Tao - you just ruined it for me :)

Hoping to watch it later tonight.

But but but... I was carefully to not divulge plotlines - unless the car becomes an obligatory member of the cast :)

The Aviato car is available on Turo when they aren't filming, or it may be the original and they replaced the car they use for filming.
You can now actually rent Erlich’s Aviato car from HBO’s Silicon Valley

I figured he must have bought a used one, probably a P85D. There was no mention of Ludicrous mode.

I did once work for a tech start up a bit further along than Pied Piper. It was a very dysfunctional company and they folded two years after I was let go. I've also worked for some Huli type companies. Silicon Valley is an exaggeration of what the tech biz is like, but I've seen many things close to the story lines in the show.

Guilfoyle also reminds me a lot of someone I used to know.

Interesting re the Aviato car!

Worked with a Gilfoyle or two as well - just a great character, the “mature startups”, and the Hooli-esque companies with cube farms the size of football fields. I worked with a few Jareds during those days as well. I dunno if it’s all that exaggerated in certain sectors.

That episode of Silcon Valley was hilarious. It was painful to watch him crash into the truck and damage his ferrunk. Besides the $17K in damage, he should have said parts won't be available for 3 months :)

That would have been golden. And could they have managed a Ludicrous car? Although they did show the Insane setting, so there’s that.

Shame he didn’t reply that Cali is 25% renewable, to the question “where does your electricity come from?”.
Total System Electric Generation

Yeah, wasn’t happy with that coal comment from Gilfoyle. You’d think that character was a sardonic **** or something. But still.

For bonus points, Anton needs to get loaded into a Tesla Semi in some later episode.