Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

teslive hottub debates now (eom)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I said it was a time machine ... or it would have been if they had thrown my flip phone in there.

NO, you needed the Chernobly
th.jpg

I am used to being in mostly male work environment. But to be grouped as 'one of the scary guys in the hot tub chasing away the hot chicks' is definitely a first! Especially two beautiful and strong women like Bonnie and Leilani. Neither strikes me as the 'shrinking violet type', but more like 'strong women with grace'. I really can't vouch for anything that happened after I left (and the beer and wine came out), but up until ~10-10:0pm both nights, it was just a bunch o'geeks soaking and talking about Tesla cars. My guess is if they joined us, it would be pretty much the same.

And I don't know about anyone else, but anytime Brian mentioned hot tub time machine I groaned, 'Noooo'... Last thing I want to do is bring back the 80's.

- - - Updated - - -

MikeL was there too. Mike, feel free to step in and defend my reputation.

What are you talking about. Me shirtless has attractive powers that increase by r^4.
Let me rephrase "I think Rolo overwhelmed Leilani and Chelsea." ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Just a quick point of clarification...

Aside from some borderline humor (as you probably saw in one of the various threads), nothing "family unfriendly" or "untoward" happened poolside on either Friday or Saturday night. Also note that we (Teslive attendees) weren't the only ones making use of the these facilities by the hotel and, to my knowledge, there were no complaints about rowdy behavior or any other unpleasantness.

A lot of bad Tesla jokes. A lot of good socializing and handle-to-face association. A lot of eager anticipation of what's coming for Roadster, S, X, Gen 3, and beyond. A lot of theorizing about why what we think we know about Tesla is the way it is.

It's easy on the forum to read more into things given the exuberant mood of some of us that attended the conference, so be wary of jumping to incorrect conclusions. Everyone that showed up (to stay or just pass through) was a respectable lady or gentleman representative of TMC.

That said, (to my knowledge) there are no "pictures as proof" as one of the early "rules" that we established was "no photography" because sometimes people are shy and we didn't want that to be a barrier to socializing.

It was a pleasure spending some wind-down time, and was great to see "the tie come off a little" in some of the candid discussions about what we expect to see in the next few years.

Just a quick point of clarification...

Aside from some borderline humor (as you probably saw in one of the various threads), nothing "family unfriendly" or "untoward" happened poolside on either Friday or Saturday night. Also note that we (Teslive attendees) weren't the only ones making use of the these facilities by the hotel and, to my knowledge, there were no complaints about rowdy behavior or any other unpleasantness.

A lot of bad Tesla jokes. A lot of good socializing and handle-to-face association. A lot of eager anticipation of what's coming for Roadster, S, X, Gen 3, and beyond. A lot of theorizing about why what we think we know about Tesla is the way it is.

It's easy on the forum to read more into things given the exuberant mood of some of us that attended the conference, so be wary of jumping to incorrect conclusions. Everyone that showed up (to stay or just pass through) was a respectable lady or gentleman representative of TMC.

That said, (to my knowledge) there are no "pictures as proof" as one of the early "rules" that we established was "no photography" because sometimes people are shy and we didn't want that to be a barrier to socializing.

It was a pleasure spending some wind-down time, and was great to see "the tie come off a little" in some of the candid discussions about what we expect to see in the next few years.

Dude. You're starting to sound like a mod. What has happened to you???? Feeling okay?

:)

Yeah, my sharp corners are feeling a little dull too. I can only imagine how Bonnie must feel- relief that it's over? -pride that it was so Great!? Even EV nerds can create some excitement. Just went to the San Rafael service center for a last fix before the journey home tomorrow. They were very nice, Roberto, a valet driver gave me the tour. He was excited to see my pics of the Model X at the party.
And I got a picture of my ICEing of their charging spot w my brother's work truck. :scared: Only got one dirty look.

Oh yeah, the hot tub: no matter what else happens, it will always be where I first met Brianman. They can't take that away. :rolleyes:
And Lori, sorry it took all day to get here. I recommend getting someone w a better reputation than mine though to defend yours. I've seen it posted here: "no photos means it never happened" There are no photos of me showing off my Simpsons-themed underwear right in the middle of the parking lot (I hope) either.
Why no Saturday night (round 2) tubbing for me you might ask. Well, I could see the hot tub from my room. Lets just say that in the light of day, the water looked a little "off". All together now "Eeewwwww!" Oh and I'm the one who broke the jets. Or, at least the egg-timer thing that makes them turn on. Whew! Enough confessions for one Teslive.

Can this now be a thread on "the problems with hotel hot tub water quality"? ML

LOL

We did talk about how Brian was constantly getting the smackdown. Brian -- while you purport to be normal and quiet most of the time, I'll never believe you. :tongue: Oh, and you're invited to all my parties. And you drive like a madman.
I have to second that ... Brian drove his car from a charger a mile from the hotel with me.
He drove at crazy fast speeds (he told me it was normal for him) but drove in circles. Then blamed it on his GPS. Like wth?
Luckily we made it back to hotel in 3 pieces.
Seriously, though, Brian, you helped make the weekend the funniest in "recorded memory". Did you wash your shirt yet?
If you're ever in this neck of the woods, you know my number.
And, better be ditto! :)
Next time, find a hottub with > 8 occupancy. Then FlasherZ can get in ... as could I!