Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesloop Model X at 350,000 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I enjoyed the video, and was heartened to see that no maintenance was necessary until after 250k+ miles.
What of course remains to be seen is the degree to which miles cause maintenance needs and battery degradation, or to what extent time does. I've believed for a long time that time is the enemy of ICE vehicles, more so than miles.
Regardless, good to see that miles are clearly NOT the enemy of Model X!

Should put to sleep the myth that frequent supercharging is bad for the battery. Doesn't seem to be the case at all here.

I am not sure. 13% battery degradation is pretty big. Wish someone had a similar mileaged car that had been charged mostly on HPWCs so we could compare degradation.

That just doesn't seem like enough for tires.
How many folks are getting 50k out of tires on and S or X?

It looks to me like they were replacing tires every 15-30k. It looks like ~9 sets of tires which puts them closer to 40k per set.

But how many people are cruising on the highway for almost all of their miles? Very low start/stop percentage compared to most drivers.

When you consider that an ICE engine and transmission are toast at 200,000 miles, this looks good.

Definitely agree with that. But since we all drive EVs, and most do not Supercharge daily, it would be nice to understand how Supercharging does, or does not, effect battery life.

For me it more a curiosity. I am lucky to drive 10,000 miles a year so I am sure the battery in my X is literally a "Lifetime" battery (as in I will be dead, before the battery is:D).

When you consider that an ICE engine and transmission are toast at 200,000 miles, this looks good.
That depends on the vehicle, some are good beyond that, the undersized engines tend to go as do the car transmissions in vans and SUVs.

Then again at 80k my S has had FAR more repairs and maintenance costs than my wife's Impala of the same year and with a little more miles so I do not believe the Tesloop results are average.

$2500 for brakes?

So much for Musks claims that Teslas would have very little wear & tear for the lifetime of the car.

They had ~$800 at 150k miles, and then ~$1600 for rear brakes at 262k miles. But we don't know how they drive, they could use the brakes a lot instead of regen. (But being mostly highway miles they shouldn't be using the brakes much at all.)

I imagine they could have gotten the brakes done much cheaper elsewhere, as that does seem expensive.

Brakes on my BMW were about $1000 (4 corners) for pads and rotors at the dealer - but I could do it myself for $200 - and probably less than $600 at an independent mechanic. Hopefully, the DIY parts will be available for Model 3 if I ever need to do that ...

Brakes on my BMW were about $1000 (4 corners) for pads and rotors at the dealer - but I could do it myself for $200 - and probably less than $600 at an independent mechanic. Hopefully, the DIY parts will be available for Model 3 if I ever need to do that ...

Hard to believe you could do it for $200 since rotors are suppose to be replace with brake service according to the BMW service manual. This is become more and more the standard procedure for cars since they make the rotors thinners (and lighter) so they cannot tolerate being lathed/resurfaced.