Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Model Ys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone in Harris County do mail in registration/title? My status online says processed from last week, but I don’t know when Or how the plates will get to me. I’ve been on hold for 2 hrs (still going) trying to speak to someone. Nobody has responded to my emails.

Finally took the car for her first photo shoot. Many modifications to come.

Imgur link in case the attachments dont work Model Y

Y PS.jpg Y2 PS.jpg Y3 PS.jpg Y4 PS.jpg Y5 PS.jpg Y7 PS.jpg Y10 PS.jpg

Last edited:
Update:

completed the project. The plastidip badges look pretty good. Some of the corners didn’t take well but you have to be up close to notice. I’ll see how it holds up over time.
The Dual Motor emblem came out horrible. The letters are too small to get the rubber out cleanly. I removed it completely. I do have a blacked out dual motor emblem from Abstract Ocean that I may or may not add.
68FB7A4C-616E-4C33-B1B6-F20C34E01666.jpeg
FBC12474-77A1-4285-8A41-2C954EB11A8F.jpeg
5601FBCD-4D1C-4529-A5D4-F7C9D0B66C27.jpeg
6D5D4BAE-FF04-4FA8-B562-85AB93138382.jpeg

Reactions: KRG21
Well yall I FINALLY took delivery on August 8th in Plano. Was ready for pickup on August 4th but during the final inspection Tesla noted two minor paint imperfections. Went and took and look and decided to have them fix it then instead of later. Other wise the vehicle was in perfect condition. Took 4 days to fix and immediately took it to the shop to have a full matte paint protection fim applied, tinted tail lights, center console wrap, and ceramic coated seats and windshield. Should be finished today then immediately off to the tint shop. Very excited to finally get to enjoy it.

Well yall I FINALLY took delivery on August 8th in Plano. Was ready for pickup on August 4th but during the final inspection Tesla noted two minor paint imperfections. Went and took and look and decided to have them fix it then instead of later. Other wise the vehicle was in perfect condition. Took 4 days to fix and immediately took it to the shop to have a full matte paint protection fim applied, tinted tail lights, center console wrap, and ceramic coated seats and windshield. Should be finished today then immediately off to the tint shop. Very excited to finally get to enjoy it.
So you did not accept delivery and told them to fix it before you accept it? VIN/color? Congrats! Enjoy the ride

I wonder if they’re being more proactive about correcting issues before delivery lately. Like I said before, mine arrived with a scraped plastic rear diffuser and they absolutely would not let me take delivery until it’s fixed “to Tesla standards.” We all know they were delivering cars with different color doors and trim hanging off a month ago, and now they won’t let me take a car with a scratch. I suppose that’s good though. Since my delivery was delayed a week, I hope they go over it thoroughly and fix anything else that needs attention. Hoping for a smooth delivery any day now.

I wonder if they’re being more proactive about correcting issues before delivery lately. Like I said before, mine arrived with a scraped plastic rear diffuser and they absolutely would not let me take delivery until it’s fixed “to Tesla standards.” We all know they were delivering cars with different color doors and trim hanging off a month ago, and now they won’t let me take a car with a scratch. I suppose that’s good though. Since my delivery was delayed a week, I hope they go over it thoroughly and fix anything else that needs attention. Hoping for a smooth delivery any day now.
Fingers crossed you get yours soon! Be sure to share photos once you pick it up

Reactions: KRG21