Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas MR Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, no posts for a couple of days.
Does this mean y'all have your cars and have moved on the 'this car sucks/is the best' forums?
Lol! Nope, still waiting. Thursday marked 6 weeks of my 6-10 week delivery estimate when ordered on 10/18/18.

I’m having a NEMA 14-50 installed today for $250 (within a couple of feet of my electrical panel)

I applied and got approved for 60 months at 3.24% from Allied Federal Credit Union in Arlington. (If you have 800+ credit score you can get 2.99%) my approval is good for 60 days so I felt comfortable applying before waiting to hear from a DA.

Still answering every phone call from every unknown number hoping it’ll be the DA.

I’d consider upgrading to a LR, but it’d $4k more, so I’m just going to trust the process.

Lol! Nope, still waiting. Thursday marked 6 weeks of my 6-10 week delivery estimate when ordered on 10/18/18.

I’m having a NEMA 14-50 installed today for $250 (within a couple of feet of my electrical panel)

I applied and got approved for 60 months at 3.24% from Allied Federal Credit Union in Arlington. (If you have 800+ credit score you can get 2.99%) my approval is good for 60 days so I felt comfortable applying before waiting to hear from a DA.

Still answering every phone call from every unknown number hoping it’ll be the DA.

I’d consider upgrading to a LR, but it’d $4k more, so I’m just going to trust the process.
I left a voicemail to check on MR inventory and said I have a reservation.. They called me back and said not to worry about MR delivery, it will happen.. Hoping for the best!

Pass along the electrician information for that plug install. Mine would also be mere feet from my electrical panel as well. I'm at the Keller/Ft.Worth border and would like to connect with them.
Also great bank info. Tesla at Clearfork pushes Alliant and wondering if anyone hit them up.

No reservation, original order:
Southlake, TX
MR RWD
11/24/2018
White Exterior
Black Interior
Aero Wheels
EAP

Didn't hear anything all week, so I called the Southlake showroom yesterday to see if they had a LR RWD in my configuration. They had one available, so I asked them to update my build. Got the VIN immediately, and a delivery date was sent a few hours later for 12/17/2018. Upgrading to LR upped the cost by $3k, well worth it IMO.

Southlake, TX
MR RWD
11/24/2018
White Exterior
Black Interior
Aero Wheels
EAP

Didn't hear anything all week, so I called the Southlake showroom yesterday to see if they had a LR RWD in my configuration. They had one available, so I asked them to update my build. Got the VIN immediately, and a delivery date was sent a few hours later for 12/17/2018. Upgrading to LR upped the cost by $3k, well worth it IMO.
Thinking that I may call in to ask what is available if I don't hear anything by the end of next week.

@JayB1310 - I'll send you the info privately, but not sure if he'll match the $250 I paid as he lives in my neighborhood and has done prior work for me before.

If anyone else wants the electrician's contact info, please PM me.
IMG_2225.jpeg IMG_2223.jpeg
He did a 50AMP circuit with gauge 6 wire and NEMA 14-50 Plug with the Ground facing up and even labeled the circuit breaker "Tesla"!

Also, I got my first Tesla referral doing it the it the right way... (not posting in forums) but rather taking the time to go with a skeptical friend to the Clearfork location for a test drive yesterday. They became an instant fan and ordered a Model S. The OA found one in inventory and they'll have their car BEFORE me. Unless I hear something soon, I'll be getting to experience their delivery appointment before mine! Excited for them and a little jealous.

@JayB1310 - I'll send you the info privately, but not sure if he'll match the $250 I paid as he lives in my neighborhood and has done prior work for me before.

View attachment 357011 View attachment 357012
He did a 50AMP circuit with gauge 6 wire and NEMA 14-50 Plug with the Ground facing up and even labeled the circuit breaker "Tesla"!

Also, I got my first Tesla referral doing it the it the right way... (not posting in forums) but rather taking the time to go with a skeptical friend to the Clearfork location for a test drive yesterday. They became an instant fan and ordered a Model S. The OA found one in inventory and they'll have their car BEFORE me. Unless I hear something soon, I'll be getting to experience their delivery appointment before mine! Excited for them and a little jealous.
If he installs around the Dallas area, please PM me!

View attachment 357011 View attachment 357012

Thank you.

Ok, not sure if this means anything, but it sure is progress and something new!

After logging in yet again just now, I had something new pop up under step 4. There were fields asking me for my financial institution information for payment. It was pretty cool, as I was typing in Allied Federal Credit Union, it pre-populated their address and knew everything. It then asked me how much I was approved to borrow, and then confirm that I would be able to bring the remaining/difference prior to closing. (It had taxes and doc fees and registration amounts, etc.) Now the edit button and that entire checklist is gone. (Sorry I didn't think to take screen shots as I was doing it)

This is what I see now:
Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 10.54.00 PM.png

I'm hoping this means we'll be getting delivery dates?

How about the rest of you Texans? Do you still have the 4 step checklists? (Registration, Insurance, Trade-in, Financing?) . Or were you past that?

I've changed the payment to Cash on Nov 25th, and I've the same screen since then ... drafting your contract ... not a single communication so far since I ordered on 10/24 ..

Not envious, but I see folks who ordered in November for the black interior are getting delivery notifications but for rest like me who ordered in October, no updates ...

Ok, not sure if this means anything, but it sure is progress and something new!

After logging in yet again just now, I had something new pop up under step 4. There were fields asking me for my financial institution information for payment. It was pretty cool, as I was typing in Allied Federal Credit Union, it pre-populated their address and knew everything. It then asked me how much I was approved to borrow, and then confirm that I would be able to bring the remaining/difference prior to closing. (It had taxes and doc fees and registration amounts, etc.) Now the edit button and that entire checklist is gone. (Sorry I didn't think to take screen shots as I was doing it)

This is what I see now:
View attachment 357418

I'm hoping this means we'll be getting delivery dates?

How about the rest of you Texans? Do you still have the 4 step checklists? (Registration, Insurance, Trade-in, Financing?) . Or were you past that?

I've changed the payment to Cash on Nov 25th, and I've the same screen since then ... drafting your contract ... not a single communication so far since I ordered on 10/24 ..

OK, I've seen others say they have that screen when paying cash, but this is new for me and they say that they know that loans are usually only good for 30 days.... so I'm guessing we're getting close to the 30 day mark?

I'd be curious to see if anyone else financing has experienced this just now, or awhile back?

Reactions: rraghu78
Houston, TX
MR RWD
11/15/18 6PM CST
Black color
Black Interior
18 inch wheels
$2500 deposit
Priced $47,922.25 (taking out $2500)

Haven't heard ANYTHING.
Thinking of start applying for loans and getting offers.
Also picked to trade in car but waiting on Tesla to give me offer and then I will go to CarMax or Texas auto direct to see my best offer. (since my current car is not paid off yet)

Houston, TX
MR RWD
11/15/18 6PM CST
Black color
Black Interior
18 inch wheels
$2500 deposit
Priced $47,922.25 (taking out $2500)

Haven't heard ANYTHING.
Thinking of start applying for loans and getting offers.
Also picked to trade in car but waiting on Tesla to give me offer and then I will go to CarMax or Texas auto direct to see my best offer. (since my current car is not paid off yet)

My configuration and situation is almost identical to yours. owe about 6k on my current car.
Regarding loans i recommend LightStream since they offer unsecured loans. They also have a rate beat program where they will beat any rate by 0.10%

Southlake, TX
MR RWD
11/24/2018
White Exterior
Black Interior
Aero Wheels
EAP

Delivery taking 2 weeks? that means we all have to hear something in 2 weeks to get EOY delivery.