Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas MR Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
White exterior, black interior, EAP, aero wheels.
I input my credit union info and how much they are financing and clicked save to submit later. The email I got from tesla had information that I saved. Still waiting for approval from credit union. I didn't get option to where the car would be delivered.

Has anyone made a down payment on the car? The credit union I'm talking to says you wire the down payment to Tesla and then Tesla sends a revised purchase order to the loaner which results in your final balance. Is this correct?

Just wanted to be sure :)

Has anyone made a down payment on the car? The credit union I'm talking to says you wire the down payment to Tesla and then Tesla sends a revised purchase order to the loaner which results in your final balance. Is this correct?

Just wanted to be sure :)

You should have had to put down $2500 as the down payment to secure the order. They keep that or another card you supply in their system to bill your charger usage to.

You should have had to put down $2500 as the down payment to secure the order. They keep that or another card you supply in their system to bill your charger usage to.
Yep! That has been done! I am talking about the down payment after the $2500 that you make on the website.

Have had a few people clear it up for me... looks like you do wire/pay Tesla whatever amount you wish and then they draft a revised purchase order. You can then send that to your loaner/credit union and they will finalize your loan to give to Tesla.

Can someone summarize the steps with third party financing and trade in? Just want to be ready with everything. Little unclear about the full payment before shipping the car for Texas state..

First thing first, wait till your advisor contacts you for next steps. Once you hear on the tentative date of delivery, talk to your bank or start shopping for rates. I would highly recommend being clear on what you want to do (down payment and loan amount etc) and get tentative trade-in from KBB, usually tesla gives lower value, but (I hope) its much convenient to give to Tesla and tax benefit is cherry on top. Autonation & carmax gave me $100 less than tesla BTW (price valid only for a week) and if I sell in open market I could have made maybe 1-2K more but not worth in my opinion.

After a day or so from your first call, you will see options to enter your payment info (includes bank details, loan amount and down payment) and link to enter car details including 4 pictures of your car (front, driver side & back left and right at a certain angle) and a copy of your car title. Get a car wash before you take pictures, worth spending 6$. Once you submit, in a day or two advisor will get back to you with trade-in offer (they won't negotiate) which you can either accept or reject. Once downpayment amount (if any) is deducted from your account, request them to provide purchase agreement having VIN#, car make, model and year.

Your bank will then send the check directly to Tesla, once funds are confirmed Tesla will kick logistics team for shipping. If you wait for a week I will be able to tell the next steps, as my check is shipped and reached tesla but Tesla is claiming they haven't received it :)

good luck!