Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas MR Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Account page shows "Delivery Appointment" on 12/24 at my home address.

Not sure how realistic this is. I made ACH payment on 12/8 and IDA confirmed same day that the car has been marked as fully funded.

However, he also advised earlier of the following:

"Please Keep in mind, per state regulations, Texas purchases will need to have the vehicle fully funded and contract signed before shipping your Model 3 from California to Texas. Your estimated delivery date will be 14 days after the Model 3 is fully funded"

Dallas, TX
MR
Blue/white
Sport wheels
EAP
Ordererd 10/22
No reservation/no ownership

I got an e-mail from my Inside Delivery Advisor in Las Vegas asking for confirmation of my payment method, trade-in and delivery method on 12/6. Follow up on 12/8 with MVPA incl. VIN.

This was the first communication after the initial order confirmation e-mail and the (mass) text on 12/3 stating to update the account page.

I didn't request home delivery and live about 25 miles off the Dallas Delivery Center. Not sure which option would result in getting the car faster.

Wow, you got that far with Tesla, great !

My order is on 10/24, but didn't get any contact from DA so far, just couple text messages, and a delivery date on the online account page.

Hoping someone will reach me tomorrow .. not at all comfortable with the current delivery date of 12/30 ..

So just called into Tesla... guy said that their system had scheduled nearly everyone's order by mistake. So if you don't see one in your account, someone went in and corrected it.

Regardless, they are still expecting EOY delivery and everything should move pretty quickly once you get a VIN. You will get a VIN, a DA will reach out, and your portal will change to be able to ACH your down payment to Tesla.

I’m starting to lose confidence in an EOY delivery. I’m planning on trading in my current car and think I’m going to run out of time to complete everything necessary. Scheduled delivery is Dec 30 @ 4P. Luckily, I’ve already been approved by my credit union just don’t know how long it will take them to issue payment.
On top of all this I have 2 out of town work trips in between now and then.

Just an update - after inputting finance information I was directed to pay my down payment. Looked through the documents and indeed my MVPA was provided automatically. On the MVPA is VIN # as well.

I guess it’s really happening.... I’m kind of excited and nervous at same time for this huge purchase.

My suggestion for people to check all documents after you have been prompted to enter payment (CU) information. It appears that after that process it will automatically generate a MVPA based on information inputted.
I was able to enter finance information today but that is it. No updated MVPA yet and no VIN.

I just got my delivery date of 12/30 at 4pm in Dallas. Are they still only giving the VIN a week before delivery? I got pre-approved for my financing loan but they require a full configuration sheet and purchase order to complete approval. Does anyone know at what point we receive those?

That is little scary .. especially given that my appointment is on 30-Dec ..

who knows, that might really be the date when they can deliver in Texas :D

So just called into Tesla... guy said that their system had scheduled nearly everyone's order by mistake. So if you don't see one in your account, someone went in and corrected it.

Regardless, they are still expecting EOY delivery and everything should move pretty quickly once you get a VIN. You will get a VIN, a DA will reach out, and your portal will change to be able to ACH your down payment to Tesla.

I just got my delivery date of 12/30 at 4pm in Dallas. Are they still only giving the VIN a week before delivery? I got pre-approved for my financing loan but they require a full configuration sheet and purchase order to complete approval. Does anyone know at what point we receive those?

Just noticed my Payment section opened up and it now allows me to input financing info in as well as giving me the order agreement. Yay!

I just called, surprised that I was connected to an agent in less than 3 min .. but no news at all ...

No DA on the account, no VIN, no confirmation ... I asked to change the payment type, he said he cannot do but only the DA can do it. I asked when will a DA contact me, answer is in the next several days ... Not happy with this kind of response. Need to call again.

I did receive an email from my delivery advisor(?) that my car can be picked up on Dec 24th. Being so close to the holidays, I am worried a bit. Hope everything goes well. MR/White Int/EAP/Aero/Houston.

Just received this mail from my delivery advisor. Guess, it is happening!! :)

"Thank you so much for making your final payment. Your vehicle is now fully funded. It will begin transport to the Delivery Center in Texas very soon. I will be reaching out once your vehicle is in transport/on the ground in Texas to confirm your delivery date with you.
If you have not already done so, please place your Tesla under coverage with your insurance company. I normally suggest starting the insurance coverage on the date of your delivery. Once you receive your registration packet, please ensure a photo copy of the proof of insurance is included when you send the packet back to us. "

Called again, in hopes to talk to a different agent who is helpful, indeed !

This time, Joey took the call, and was more helpful. He has updated the payment to 3rd party and I see it reflect in my online account instantly (though I don't see the CU name but at least the amount details show the loan amount, and the balance).

Catch 22 for Texans .. no VIN unless the loan details are in, and the CU/lender won't release or complete the loan process unless there is a VIN. He acknowledged the same, and said they have been working with lenders on exactly the same thing for Texans ... hopefully said Texas will also love Tesla just like the Texans do.

Makes sense, but I don't think our congress will do anything to help Tesla in anyway sooner or later. Dealerships own our Congress.

I just called, surprised that I was connected to an agent in less than 3 min .. but no news at all ...

No DA on the account, no VIN, no confirmation ... I asked to change the payment type, he said he cannot do but only the DA can do it. I asked when will a DA contact me, answer is in the next several days ... Not happy with this kind of response. Need to call again.