Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas MR Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just called Tesla customer support to follow up and check if a DA has been assigned for my delivery. The Rep was very friendly and informed me that I do indeed have a DA assigned. I asked why they haven't reached out to me yet even though I've been assigned MVPA, VIN. The response given was positive, Rep confirmed that all documents in my account are generated and submitted on my end. If there is anything missing prior to delivery, the DA would contact to ensure it's completion.

I was informed that I am all set for delivery. I asked regarding changing my delivery date and location. I was scheduled to be out of town for business, she was able to move up my time slot to this weekend on Saturday at Cedar Hill.

I asked regarding location of my vehicle and she confirmed that it's already in Dallas Cedar Hill. THIS BLEW MY MIND !!!!! She was able to move up my appointment to Saturday 12/15 at 12:30pm.

I am kind of surprised that vehicle and delivery is setup for my account. I just got a check cut from my CU so I know they have not received my loan payment yet. I did pay all my due balance which was due by me....

So here is my prediction, as I was comparing my vin to few recent vins assigned. My vin is much lower (1602XX) range as opposed to few recently reported 167xxx.
My guess is that I got assigned to a car that was ordered by a customer that changed to a LR instead. This explains why the car is already onsite...

Catch 22 for Texans .. no VIN unless the loan details are in, and the CU/lender won't release or complete the loan process unless there is a VIN. He acknowledged the same, and said they have been working with lenders on exactly the same thing for Texans ... hopefully said Texas will also love Tesla just like the Texans do.

Makes sense, but I don't think our congress will do anything to help Tesla in anyway sooner or later. Dealerships own our Congress.

I think I'm in the same situation. Lender needs a VIN on the configuration sheet and Tesla won't give a VIN. Has anyone else found a way around this?

Awesome! Just wait couple of hours and it should be available in your account. As soon as the system asks you to submit payment for your “despot”, at that point your MVPA will be available.
It is been more than 24 hours and I still cannot make my ACH payment on the website. I guess this is a manual process and the DA has to get into my account to make the change.

thank you ... spoke to the CU and they needed lien holder address on the MVPA, which is not in the document sent to lender/me .. emailed the DA to include the information and resend it. After that, I need to print, sign, scan n send it to lender, they'll then scan the check first n email to Tesla, and also physically mail the check to UTAH. But the car in the mean time will be delivered to the SC. The rep said sometimes they'll deliver the car too to the customer even if the physical check doesn't reach them.

What the heck! I am soo jealous! I am certain that you got the factory complimentary upgrade. I bet they ran out of 18" wheels, instead of waiting for vendor to ship rest and not risking having delays for 2018 delivery they decided to just put 19" since many people don't buy them as much....

sooooooo lucky!!!!

It is been more than 24 hours and I still cannot make my ACH payment on the website. I guess this is a manual process and the DA has to get into my account to make the change.

If you are seeing "Next Steps: We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment." when logging in your Tesla account, don't worry... I've been seeing the same thing for over a week.

I believe this screen doesn't change until you have a VIN. Once you get a VIN, a DA will change the portal to accept your form of payment.

So I spoke with a Tesla rep and they confirmed my 19 inch rims were a complimentary upgrade as it would speed up delivery. Seems as they did not make enough black cars with white interiors with 18 inch rims.

I finally got an email from my DA. My account also opened up allowing me to send funds electronically, which was nice as I did not need to physically go to my bank to wire money. All they needed was a routing number and checking account number. Hopefully I can get my delivery sooner than 12/30 as I have completed everything asked of me. So excited.

I like the 19" wheels but did't want to part with the cash for them. Wife doesn't like the 19" wheels. Either way, win win.

Reactions: rraghu78
My IDA called me today. He says everything is in order and moved up my delivery date to 12/22 at 10am. Originally it was 12/30. It seems once they receive payment, they try to move up the delivery date. I am sticking with home delivery as my IDA recommended that to speed up the delivery process.

If you are seeing "Next Steps: We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment." when logging in your Tesla account, don't worry... I've been seeing the same thing for over a week.

I believe this screen doesn't change until you have a VIN. Once you get a VIN, a DA will change the portal to accept your form of payment.

I am on the same screen too. Since Monday this week. Still scheduled delivery for 12/27.

I cared less for the 19'' shoes when I ordered the 3, but now reading/watching on the 19 vs 18. DA confirmed in writing that it's 'complimentary'.

Just made the balance payment using the ACH link. Account shows zero balance now. Can't wait for the DA to change the delivery date from 12/30 to something better than that.

Black ext
White Int
19"
No EAP

Scheduled the NEMA install next tuesday. He quoted $280 (including material) for upto 20 feet between the breaker and the plug point. Time to browse thru other forum topics now for accessories, charging etc.,

I like the 19" wheels but did't want to part with the cash for them. Wife doesn't like the 19" wheels. Either way, win win.

Cool deal .. congrats ! I hope i could get similar delivery date.

My IDA called me today. He says everything is in order and moved up my delivery date to 12/22 at 10am. Originally it was 12/30. It seems once they receive payment, they try to move up the delivery date. I am sticking with home delivery as my IDA recommended that to speed up the delivery process.

I cared less for the 19'' shoes when I ordered the 3, but now reading/watching on the 19 vs 18. DA confirmed in writing that it's 'complimentary'.

Just made the balance payment using the ACH link. Account shows zero balance now. Can't wait for the DA to change the delivery date from 12/30 to something better than that.

Black ext
White Int
19"
No EAP

Scheduled the NEMA install next tuesday. He quoted $280 (including material) for upto 20 feet between the breaker and the plug point. Time to browse thru other forum topics now for accessories, charging etc.,

Called Tesla and they confirmed the 19' wheels that got added to my order are complimentary. The order agreement $ doesnt reflect that yet, but will be corrected once my DA contacts me. Got DA's name but he hasn't reached out yet. Waiting patiently.....

Black ext
White Int
19"
No EAP

@rraghu78, Please let me know who you used. I need one too.
Also, I’m bummed I haven’t got the free upgrade on tires. That’s awesome.