Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas MR Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same thing I heard yesterday from my DA. She doesn't want to commit to say as to where the vehicle is, but said she'll put 12/20 as the date so that truckers will see it and do their job, but then said it might be well before 12/20. I'm like, it's ok if you do it on 21st which is friday and i can perhaps spend little more time with the new toy :)

Yes, haha. It's pretty funny because depending on who you talk to, they will say the car is in transit to TX, in California waiting for payment, etc.

3 people I talked to today gave me 3 different delivery dates in the order below...

Called into the 888 Telsa Number - She estimated that my car would be ready on 12/20 but needed my DA to confirm
Gallery Advisor Emailed Me (person who reached out after I ordered) - He said I'm scheduled for 12/21
DA - Said I'm tentatively scheduled for 12/26

I think if my credit union is quick in getting all the necessary documents over to Tesla, then I will probably receive around 12/20 or 12/21. Just a guess. Either way, I'm happy as the process is moving along!

Don't you just love our GREAT STATE OF TEXAS! It's really them creating all this confusion... lol

Got an email last night to select the days when I am "unavailable" to take the delivery. I had a 12/29 date before this, still shows that day on my account... looks like it may come down to the wire for some of us. Not a bad strategy from Tesla though.

Waiting for my bank to cut a check...

My car is due to reach the delivery center in Houston today, but have a delivery date of tuesday. Can I just swing by the center and ask them if they can get it ready? I live atleast an hour away(katy) from the center and ubering back and forth is an expensive option.

Got an email last night to select the days when I am "unavailable" to take the delivery. I had a 12/29 date before this, still shows that day on my account... looks like it may come down to the wire for some of us. Not a bad strategy from Tesla though.

Waiting for my bank to cut a check...
Got the samme email. I just selected 23, 34 and marked unavailable on the rest of the days.

Finally DA emailed me and VIN assigned. To my surprise, he wrote this in email: "Your vehicle will need to be funded by Tuesday to continue forward with a 2018 delivery."
Did they email you today? I had my initial contact with my DA yesterday and she did not say that.

My credit union UFCU just needs to process everything on their side and they should have payment sent over to Tesla by Monday hopefully. Don't think that should take too long but we'll see.

Got a confirmed delivery date of Dec 24th
I heard that the vins are scrambled and not assigned in order.
Mine is 160xxx with delivery scheduled for next Wed 12/19. I do wonder if they really wait until the vehicle is fully funded before shipping.

Hi, I was told it has to be fully funded before this Wednesday for the car to be delivered by end of the year.

I already had a preapproved check for the loan amount from PenFed. My DA sent a self addressed fedex overnight label for the check. I sent it and also sent her a picture of the check. Got a confirmed delivery date 24th to my home address.