Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woo hoo! Just in time for my trip to Dallas on the 16th...big sigh of relief! Now, can any of the Dallas folks suggest somewhere near the Galleria and near the Four Seasons to charge for a while during my trip, esp. at night?

Depends on your definition of "near". The service center is a few blocks away from the Galleria - but across the tollway.

I know nothing of the four seasons area.

I think he's referring to Four Seasons in Las Colinas--right rice?
Yes...yes I am. Will range charge at the Supercharger in Waco on my way up on Monday, but between vampire losses and commuting to meetings, I won't be able make it back to the Supercharger on Friday (I've got a 60)! I'm expecting to hang at the service center for about 3 hours on Wednesday since I won't have meetings till late. That should get me through the commuting (1 round trip from Galleria to Plano; switching from Galleria to Las Colinas; giving a few rides to my client), assuming I arrive with about 80 miles (losing 25-30 miles round trip to Plano plus 20-25 miles of vampire loss, adding say 75 miles at the service center), I'll get to Las Colinas with say 80 miles of range left. If I can get back to the service center around 1:30 on Friday and charge for 3 more hours I should make Waco if I keep it slow, but I'd obviously much prefer to find somewhere I can park, charge, and eat or maybe even leave the car overnight.

- - - Updated - - -

@riceuguy,

I have a 14-50 setup in my garage about .5 miles away from the four seasons hotel in Irving. If you want to utilize it, you are more than welcome to.

Thanks...unless I get stuck not being able to charge at the service center due to challenges with the hours, etc. I should be ok, but if you could PM me your email I'd love to be able to contact you in a pinch! Thanks for your offer!

Any further word on Columbus? That should be in Sept as well.

Great news about Bellmead (Waco) opening on Sept. 10.
If I can swing it, hope to make it down for the Opening.
<<@ Sublimaze1: hope the Bellmead location is ready for you and your wife's trip on Friday morning.>>

Looking FORWARD:

** Any status update on current construction @ Columbus? Any current Photos? Anticipated Opening Date?

## Has anyone done further reconnaissance/survey/confirmation for either Madisonville (Buc-ees?)/?Huntsville? Any current Photos?

%% Has anyone been to CSB location off of I-45 in Corsicana to see if this work has commenced? Any current Photos?

I would love to make the event but coming from Fort Worth in a 60 concerns me if I will be able to charge and get back to DFW before picking kids up from school. There may be 30 cars + (who really knows) down there!!! Great photo op but the wait to charge would push me to possibly being late on return. Probably a good mix of Austin and DFW car owners. What us the protocol for that many cars?

I would love to make the event but coming from Fort Worth in a 60 concerns me if I will be able to charge and get back to DFW before picking kids up from school. There may be 30 cars + (who really knows) down there!!! Great photo op but the wait to charge would push me to possibly being late on return. Probably a good mix of Austin and DFW car owners. What us the protocol for that many cars?

I got to San Marcos for that ribbon cutting about an hour early; I could have charged had I needed. If I can arrange the trip to Waco, I'll try to be at least and hour early though I should be able to make the 260 miles rt without a charge.

Great news about Bellmead (Waco) opening on Sept. 10.
If I can swing it, hope to make it down for the Opening....

** Any status update on current construction @ Columbus? Any current Photos? Anticipated Opening Date?
I ran into Ben Kanner at the Starbucks at the Domain today and he mentioned that it looked like Columbus would probably be online in October now.

John

P.S. Ben is the Tesla manager who represented Tesla at the San Marcos SC ribbon cutting and will be at the Waco ceremony too. He's here with the Test Drive group this weekend. Waco may be an opportunity to get more answers.

Last edited:

Waco area gets Tesla Motors charging station

By MIKE COPELAND[email protected]
Motorists north of Waco may suffer an attack of rubbernecking at 10 a.m. Tuesday, when dozens of Tesla Model S electric cars will cluster at 701 N. Interstate 35 in Bellmead, next to Collin Street Bakery, for the opening of a Tesla supercharger station.
Tesla Motors, founded by billionaire Elon Musk, has chosen the Waco area among five sites in Texas where it will place the superchargers. The Bellmead location will serve Tesla owners traveling between Austin, Dallas/Fort Worth and San Antonio, spokeswoman Alexis Georgeson said by phone Thursday.

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/business/waco-area-gets-tesla-motors-charging-station/article_42bcaaab-52bc-54ad-ba69-9aab91be3970.html

I stopped there on Wednesday afternoon(9/4). The site is in Bellmead, which is just north of Waco. It is in the parking lot of the Collin Street Bakery, which is on the east side of I-35. There's easy access if traveling north, slightly less easy when traveling south. There are 8 uncovered charging stations. The foreman of the installation crew said they hoped to be done by Friday (9/6) and would then move on to Huntsville or Columbus- he wasn't sure. I'll post photos tomorrow.

Waco area gets Tesla Motors charging station

By MIKE COPELAND[email protected]
Motorists north of Waco may suffer an attack of rubbernecking at 10 a.m. Tuesday, when dozens of Tesla Model S electric cars will cluster at 701 N. Interstate 35 in Bellmead, next to Collin Street Bakery, for the opening of a Tesla supercharger station.
Tesla Motors, founded by billionaire Elon Musk, has chosen the Waco area among five sites in Texas where it will place the superchargers. The Bellmead location will serve Tesla owners traveling between Austin, Dallas/Fort Worth and San Antonio, spokeswoman Alexis Georgeson said by phone Thursday.

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/business/waco-area-gets-tesla-motors-charging-station/article_42bcaaab-52bc-54ad-ba69-9aab91be3970.html

Someone needs to send to Temple City Council so they see what they are missing.