Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone else notice that Wichita Falls is showing up as "Under Construction" on the latest Supercharger map?
IMG_0230.jpg
IMG_0232.JPG

Yes, I noticed it when the Tesla 2017 map was released. I'm really hoping it starts construction soon.

This can't be what ChrisTX is referring to. The year maps show lots of icons as a goal but many don't happen that year. It's not an "under construction" indicator by any means. Consider the year maps as more aspirational than informational.

I am well aware of how the Tesla future supercharger map works. But it is the only map that has a marker anywhere near Wichita Falls. You might also note I said I hope it starts construction soon.

How can you disagree with a post that says Bucees is not interested in hosting superchargers. You may not like their decision, but it's a fact. People have been suggesting Bucees ever since the first supercharging sites in Texas were being planned in 2013. It's not a new thought. Who knows what their reason is but they have said no.

• Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Just got an email saying the Flatonia supercharger was open. Is that the first of the recently announced bunch? Not sure when the McAllen SC was originally announced. I was trying to get some information about the Brenham SC but found no record of a building permit. I guess that one is just in the planning stages at this point.

How can you disagree with a post that says Bucees is not interested in hosting superchargers. You may not like their decision, but it's a fact. People have been suggesting Bucees ever since the first supercharging sites in Texas were being planned in 2013. It's not a new thought. Who knows what their reason is but they have said no.

If you look at how Buccee*s operates I think they don't want people to linger. For instance they serve food but have no tables to eat at. They are a stop and go business. Lingering for 30-60 minutes is probably to long for them. This is just my guess not something I know as fact.

If you look at how Buccee*s operates I think they don't want people to linger. For instance they serve food but have no tables to eat at. They are a stop and go business. Lingering for 30-60 minutes is probably to long for them. This is just my guess not something I know as fact.

Agree. I think lingering adds to overhead cost - cleanup staff.

Eating a chili cheese dog in the car isn't exactly a great experience, so we go elsewhere these days.

Which is funny because I can't get my family out of there in less than 30 minutes regardless. Using the restroom and browsing for what they want to eat always takes plenty long enough for a Supercharge!

Reactions: kash and GSP