Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW I spoke with a (the?) manager at CSB this morning, and he said that "we have been anticipating having superchargers at our stores (plural, specifically) for years" - does this imply that corsicana is indeed next?

On a related note, I also spoke with one of the contractors at the build site, who gave me a 2-3 week range for operational

I suggest it confirms Corsicana is still one of the up-coming locations, however not necessarily the next to come on-line.
And the two to three week window gets Bellmead completed this Summer....
Way to go Tesla Motors!!!

On another note:
Any locations yet identified around Huntsville?
This is last of the FIRST FIVE SCs contingent (in Texas) and the only one still unknown. . .

Last edited:
I'm thrilled that Amarillo is on the map for 2014, not that it does me much good for me since I live here. I'd be happy to be on the lookout for any SC activity here for the rest of the group.

What should I be looking for? Can I ask the city departments that does construction or permits to notify me if a permit is issued?

FWIW, once the I-40 buildout starts I'll be happy to take a Sunday drive out to Tucumcari, NM or Sayre, OK which look like the most plausible sites for I-40 on each side of Amarillo.

Regarding Texas superchargers;

Did a day trip to Waco today and talked to several contractors. Here are the latest intel as well as pictures of the waco, tx build for your viewing pleasure!

Waco, TX Supercharger build

Timeline for Waco, 2 weeks from now but they are moving fast on this location and could be live as early as September 6th if all goes well! Waco location is 120kw superchargers with 2000 amp service.

Columbus, TX is delayed due to materials by another 2-3 weeks unless they come in sooner than that. After Waco is complete, Corsicana and/or Huntsville will be started immediately. Permits are in place and they have the green light. Timeline for Corsicana/Huntsville are 3-5 weeks after Waco is complete.

Location for Corsicana is confirmed at the Collin Street Bakery, 2035 S I-45, Corsicana, TX 75110

Did not remember to ask where the Huntsville location would be, was too excited to see the chargers up in person. Contractors were super friendly and answered all questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Location for Corsicana is confirmed at the Collin Street Bakery, 2035 S I-45, Corsicana, TX 75110

Did not remember to ask where the Huntsville location would be, was too excited to see the chargers up in person. Contractors were super friendly and answered all questions.

Since the contractors are busy working on a holiday weekend, they might have some sort of bonus incentive to get this location (and following ones) done quickly.

Good job with the recon.
Check Mark by Corsicana: Confirmed location (Now, was there ever any doubt it would be @ CSB?)
Sort of a Check Mark for Huntsville. Hurray, yes it is there, but specific location is yet to be identified.

Tyler Economic Development Council, Inc
315 N.Broadway Avenue
Tyler, Texas 75701

Attn: Barbara Bass (Mayor), Mark McDaniel (City Manager) and other elected officials in Places 1-6

On behalf of the Collin Street Bakery and all of the surrounding corporate entities, we bid you a warm hello and a heartfelt thank you for your recent decision to reject Tesla's expansion of supercharging stations. This particular bid went to our location. They have been very pleasant and the workers have actually patronized the store. However, this pales in comparison to the volume of business we expect to see in the future months when these cars (now a captive audience for a half hour) eat a meal at our restaurant and take a "to-go" bag of sweets and pastries.

We foresee a great fourth quarter here at the bakery and our Christmas business will undoubtedly increase.

We also hope that your steak dinner on behalf of TADA was tasty.

Respectfully submitted,
Those who look forward instead of inward ....

315 N.Broadway Avenue
Tyler, Texas 75701

Attn: Barbara Bass (Mayor), Mark McDaniel (City Manager) and other elected officials in Places 1-6

On behalf of the Collin Street Bakery and all of the surrounding corporate entities, we bid you a warm hello and a heartfelt thank you for your recent decision to reject Tesla's expansion of supercharging stations. This particular bid went to our location. They have been very pleasant and the workers have actually patronized the store. However, this pales in comparison to the volume of business we expect to see in the future months when these cars (now a captive audience for a half hour) eat a meal at our restaurant and take a "to-go" bag of sweets and pastries.

We foresee a great fourth quarter here at the bakery and our Christmas business will undoubtedly increase.

Respectfully submitted,

I thought it was Temple not Tyler?

Oops! Try to be funny - and see what I get.

Attachments

• homer_simpson_doh_02.gif
    homer_simpson_doh_02.gif
    13.9 KB · Views: 435
315 N.Broadway Avenue
Tyler, Texas 75701

Respectfully submitted,

Not to pile-on, but there IS a CSB location in Lindale on I-20, near Tyler.
(Might be a another FUTURE SC location for your trips East toward Maryland.)

And here I thought Texas was a state more in touch with fundamental liberty than most. And it seems to have the first confirmed political interference in a supercharger permit (Temple). Very sad.

Not to be the optimist here, but I don't think we actually know that there was political interference here. We do seem to have considerable evidence that Temple denied the permit. But all I've seen so far is speculation as to why. Couldn't this be something as simple as an overly zealous city engineer asking Tesla to make design changes that they weren't willing to make?

Not to be the optimist here, but I don't think we actually know that there was political interference here. We do seem to have considerable evidence that Temple denied the permit. But all I've seen so far is speculation as to why. Couldn't this be something as simple as an overly zealous city engineer asking Tesla to make design changes that they weren't willing to make?

I heard from Tesla source it was the Temple Congressman who actually killed the project (via TADA Lobby). Same source confirmed Waco location to me, and I posted that before it was found and posted.
Not surprised at all--Texas politics--gotta love it.

I heard from Tesla source it was the Temple Congressman who actually killed the project (via TADA Lobby). Same source confirmed Waco location to me, and I posted that before it was found and posted.
Not surprised at all--Texas politics--gotta love it.

I hear you, but there are plenty of cases in this forum where local Tesla staff were misinformed or passed on rumors. I generally look for a 2nd independent source before taking it as fact. Especially in this case where it doesn't completely add up. My experience with local government is that they operate fairly independently. Most city officials I know wouldn't care at all what their U.S. Congressman wanted them to do. If anything, they would be angered that he tried to step into their business.

I hear you, but there are plenty of cases in this forum where local Tesla staff were misinformed or passed on rumors. I generally look for a 2nd independent source before taking it as fact. Especially in this case where it doesn't completely add up. My experience with local government is that they operate fairly independently. Most city officials I know wouldn't care at all what their U.S. Congressman wanted them to do. If anything, they would be angered that he tried to step into their business.

Okee dokee. I was talking about the Texas Congressman.

I spend a lot of time at the Capitol in Austin while it's in session.

See local politicians (city, county, etc) there all of the time.

Trust me, they are all tied together.

ANYWAY, good news for me, it's in a better location in Waco anyways. Happy to support CSB.

Last edited:
I'd just like to get a logo'd crate to make a table!

Regarding Texas superchargers;

Did a day trip to Waco today and talked to several contractors. Here are the latest intel as well as pictures of the waco, tx build for your viewing pleasure!

Waco, TX Supercharger build

Timeline for Waco, 2 weeks from now but they are moving fast on this location and could be live as early as September 6th if all goes well! Waco location is 120kw superchargers with 2000 amp service.

Columbus, TX is delayed due to materials by another 2-3 weeks unless they come in sooner than that. After Waco is complete, Corsicana and/or Huntsville will be started immediately. Permits are in place and they have the green light. Timeline for Corsicana/Huntsville are 3-5 weeks after Waco is complete.

Okee dokee. I was talking about the Texas Congressman.

I spend a lot of time at the Capitol in Austin while it's in session.

See local politicians (city, county, etc) there all of the time.

Trust me, they are all tied together.

ANYWAY, good news for me, it's in a better location in Waco anyways. Happy to support CSB.

So do you mean the state representative? That would be Ralph Sheffield. His top 10 contributors list includes Garlyn Shelton who owns many dealerships.

I'm also a little skeptical of the Austin connection. If it were true, why only in Temple? I suspect that some bureaucrat in the Temple area decided to (or was persuaded to) play hardball with the permitting process and Tesla decided it wasn't worth the trouble.