Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm sitting in League City having a St Arnold Christmas Ale with the bro after having left McKinney via the Corsicana and Huntsville Superchargers.

The bride desires some shopping in San Marcos on the way back home mañana. So I may go through Columbus.

Now, if I do this, stopping at CSB in Bellmeade for dinner may be on the agenda as well.

This will have placed me, effectively, as covering all 5 SC in the triangle in one trip.

Anyone done this yet?

Is a T-Shirt an applicable project for such a menial feat?

Inquiring minds wanna know …

Here's the ribbon cutting at the new Supercharger in Corsicana, Texas

CorsicanaSupercharger.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, while in Corsicana, I got to speak with the Collin Street Bakery real estate director and he said he's lobbying for another Supercharge at their Lindale, Texas (actually Hideaway Lakes) location. That would be ideal for us East Texans and the handful of owners in Shreveport, La.

@sublimaze1 - I think you are the first I have heard of.

Recommendations for dining (other than CSB) near Bellmead would be appreciated as I have to stop that way this weekend would be appreciated.

I am sure others might benefit from any similar recommendations for the other locations since you have trail-blazed the route.

Congrats.

Last edited:
By the way, while in Corsicana, I got to speak with the Collin Street Bakery real estate director and he said he's lobbying for another Supercharge at their Lindale, Texas (actually Hideaway Lakes) location. That would be ideal for us East Texans and the handful of owners in Shreveport, La.

Right. I was at Lindale last week. Didn't actually need the charge but it would have been fun to do anyway.

This will have placed me, effectively, as covering all 5 SC in the triangle in one trip.

Anyone done this yet?

Is a T-Shirt an applicable project for such a menial feat?

Inquiring minds wanna know …

Sorry to effectively 'burst your balloon', but IF you do get a T-shirt, it will be the fourth or fifth, not the first.
At least three guys who were at today's TWO Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies were making the rounds to ALL FIVE Texas Superchargers TODAY (in one day).

(And I am kicking myself because I also could have done the trek around the horn and touched all FIVE SC 'bases' in one day, thus allowing me to get such a hallowed shirt.)
Next time perhaps.

Sorry to effectively 'burst your balloon', but IF you do get a T-shirt, it will be the fourth or fifth, not the first.
At least three guys who were at today's TWO Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies were making the rounds to ALL FIVE Texas Superchargers TODAY (in one day).

(And I am kicking myself because I also could have done the trek around the horn and touched all FIVE SC 'bases' in one day, thus allowing me to get such a hallowed shirt.)
Next time perhaps.

No sweat - the wife actually changed plans and went out with the girls tonight (translated: late departure mañana) (second translation: let's just go straight home and forget about your little supercharger plan).

He he he …

I'm one.. I just got home and it made for a very long day. Ended up taking 15 hours, but we got to attend two ribbon cuttings (missed the first "cutting" by about 10 mins, but enjoyed the social) and my 9-year-old son thought it was pretty neat that we hit all 5 SCs in one day and that it snowed in Huntsville.

Also got a great opportunity for this picture. TXJak will recognize this road, as we both followed GPS home and ended up on a gravel road for about 15 miles.

IMG_9428-2.jpg

Great meeting all who attended today.

Brian

I'm one.. I just got home and it made for a very long day. Ended up taking 15 hours, but we got to attend two ribbon cuttings (missed the first "cutting" by about 10 mins, but enjoyed the social) and my 9-year-old son thought it was pretty neat that we hit all 5 SCs in one day and that it snowed in Huntsville.

Also got a great opportunity for this picture. TXJak will recognize this road, as we both followed GPS home and ended up on a gravel road for about 15 miles.

View attachment 36565

Brian

Great meeting you and your son Brian.

Maybe you use the photo image for the T-shirt front?
"ALL ACROSS TEXAS", and have a gif map of the 5 SC ports-o-call you visited today printed on the back.

View attachment 36565

Brian
Great photo, Brian, thanks for posting it. Nice meeting you too.

Yes, Brian and I thought we'd take a different route from Huntsville to Columbus than IH-45 towards Houston and around the Sam Houston Tollway to IH-10. I left a little while before Brian, taking Rte 30 towards Brenham. I restarted the Nav after about 20 minutes and selected the Columbus SC. On the map the route looked fine, but the last ten mile stretch just before hitting IH-10 turned out to be mostly (recently scraped) dirt road. In fairness, the dirt road may have been damaged by recent flooding and may be returned to a better state in the future. Were I to do it again, I would select Sealy, TX, on the Nav to get to IH-10 and then select the Columbus SC.

I went 542 miles and used 196.9 kWh, averaging 364 Wh/mi with one leg averaging 409 Wh/mi. (High winds between Waco & Corsicana.)

Five SuperChargers, two ribbon cuttings, countless calories at the ribbon cuttings and bakeries, lots of free kiloWatt hours, and friendly faces. Not a bad trip in spite of the weather. :)

John

Last edited:
A few more photos from the Corsicana SuperCharger ribbon cutting event. Less than 10 cars were there (I think I counted a max of 8).

The quad-copter had a camera and was taking pics, not sure if the material will turn up someday, but it was rather windy.

Attachments

• 11-27-2013 2-59-14 PM.jpg
    11-27-2013 2-59-14 PM.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_4072 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_4072 (Medium).JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_4092 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_4092 (Medium).JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_4100 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_4100 (Medium).JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 272
Always a little nervous traveling during thanksgiving. What if the supercharger bays are full? Curious if anyone traveling today could share how busy the sc's are.

Last night Waco had just two of us around 7pm. By the way who was in the mc red car? Any Tmc person?

I think there were a total of 15 Tesla's. Some arrived late. There were 3 owners that did the Whole TX Triangle (all 5 Super Chargers) yesterday! Congrats to those early runners. We are still planning on a larger group going over a weekend - seeing all 4 cities. Please join us & respond. Thread is here: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/24195-TX-Triangle-is-finished!

News stories about the opening:

Dallas Business Journal
Daily Sun

Parker & Daniel Eng were the ones with the helicopter video and awesome photos:
TeslaCorsicanaAir.jpg
TeslaCorsicana.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

As one of the "handful" (last I heard it was about 15, LOL!), that would be AWESOME! Add one at Texarkana, and another at Monroe, LA, and we'd be set. That would get us to the I-40 path, and over to Jackson, MS, where eventually there will be another Supercharger...